Cities: Skylines
  • Have really started digging into making our city proper nice. Have rebuilt some areas, have terraformed some proper mountains and made drastic changes as I've learned more from watching biffa and what some of the awesome mods do.

Move it. Undo it. Tp:me. Elektrix. (bunch of options around nodes) The fine road and props stuff, anarchy stuff and roundabout maker and the world is your oyster.

Pics in coming.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Sunrise

RxiexF7.jpg

SCEaeRQ.jpg

New International Airport. If you build it right in a corner of map things go hilarious with the flight paths. lol.

UGzO80C.jpg

Rebuilt this whole area, including where international airport is, because traffic was broken and it was a wasted area. Self build intersection is huge, but traffic flows. Custom assets and move it and anarchy allows for trainline over road with a station.

jf9p5Mj.jpg

NOCHE7R.jpg

Should have taken a before photo of this: Built a plaza around a sunken station. Being able t paint on pavement then place invis paths is a game changer.

cP2LHY8.jpg

SFElXtE.jpg

Ih5l4Xr.jpg

Ditched the nature reserve and built a mountain/hill for flash lowrise.

8csQLGI.jpg

IglWX3B.jpg

CNxsKrd.jpg

(The colourful building is an Australian primary school. The flash looking building in the other pic is Phoenix High school.)
  • Oh game changer. Should have thought of it months ago.

Just made a blank park. With prop anarchy it means you can do custom parks to suit area Nd terrain and still get the happiness boost.
  • Someone made an awesome version of Falling water house.

cUBaUTu.jpg

hRqs9oT.jpg

JXyxlSt.jpg

lqT0R9f.jpg

Cops visited before we were done.
  • Also, maxed out the tree budget. Had to delete en mass off map.
  • Went back and looked through thread. Pie did a hell of an op.

Funny reading through.

Death spikes. Traffic. Etc.

Without the current mods, I can see where a wall would be hit.

Move it mod. Is now even more awesome. Once money is no object, it makes deleting entire areas a one click option.

Have basically decided that managing industry is annoying, so nabbing more and more prefab industrial areas and reworking them into spots we want. In combo with tm:pe (traffic manager president addition) it's possible to quickly adjust and tweak massive spots and just start again.
  • OMG. trees can be planted like roads and there's also a circle option for trees and props. Some of the gardens I just made.
  • Lol, so there were a bunch of mods I wasn't using right. Dynamic resolution and a couple of others. Suddenly game is running 100 x better.

Can run at 130% res with no drop in frames.

The load screen mod is actually a must have. My load times had gone out to 7+ minutes and are down to 3.

Have gone back and bought more tiles now and it's still great. Have changed day night cycle with ultimate eye candy mod. And can change to day whenever when I want to do building.

Biffa has covered a lot of this, but still worth a watch.
  • Broke hearse pick ups with a mod. Had 370 dead bodies. Lol. Sorted now.

Industries is a great expansion btw, makes industry much better looking and has interesting mechanics. Not one to dive into without some experience though.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Does it make farms look like farms, and not factories with a lawn?
  • Yes, and more. It's got some issues. When placing buildings, sorting the view is a pain. Seeing what part of the process you're at is tricky. But man, you can make massive proper farms with different crops and fences and stuff.

There's different buildings for different stuff, different sizes and you actively place buildings, not just zone.

Active management of supply and demand too.
  • Big photo dump coming. I have my pretties working properly.

But first, when you mess with anarchy and forget to turn it off.

TvYfvxr.jpg

tree planting with the PLT thing. It's the one that lets you do circles and use the road tools.

JrtXJYo.jpg

Better res falling water

d1ohV3G.jpg

Morning before the lights go out.

W2yYZxx.jpg

Half Life 2 action

VchyFwI.jpg

EwFD0yN.jpg

Latest overview, day and night:

7KtxToO.jpg

V8OGfxT.jpg

In close on a nice low denc resi area

eOvp0lP.jpg

Overview. My fav ploppable low dens res template.

earOiJY.jpg 

Still love our arts sector

7xKzkMX.jpg

And the girkin.

dtoo8y6.jpg

32mwYCL.jpg

Cofveve museum next to london eye on the beach.

With trees to stop noise from high commercial annoying residents. And Monorail.

DKo3SMJ.jpg

Latest iteration of a roundabout with a metro in it.

OlcBNPc.jpg

Industries stuff: On left is reg farming, on right are the basic farming things from DLC. Even just chucked down they look better. Once I get to making them pretty, they'll be amazing.

And the factories and stuff are proper massive:
    SCCSnBt.jpg

What a game.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I nearly loaded this earlier. It's installed, and I had it there in Steam. But I'm too midway through everything else, and don't want to play it half-heartedly. Closing stages of Splasher and Talos though... we'll get there...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Photos look good! Now go to bed.
  • Realised I didn't add the pic of the farming.

W8B892B.jpg
  • nkk6JJ8.jpg

First little revision of farming to up the pretties and also get the industries flow happening.
  • Csl map view is complete nerd shit. I could print an actual physical map of city. And I will. Great for lots of things. Especially as we're about to do a crazy revision of our industries.
  • lol, when you redo an area, it's always interesting to see what happens when you press play again.

MtwcA3d.jpg

YG1YHj8.jpg
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Do you know what the issue is?
  • Yeah, fixed straight away. The roundabout was just the wrong idea for that spot. 3 one way roads into a roundbout is a bad idea. Especially as one was meant to be 2 way, so a bunch of traffic was stuck.

The deaths was a carry over from moving industry from another area. Dodge water got into the main city supply. Fixed now.

Was funny though.
  • Pics will come, but have added substantially to city again. 154k pop. In full get it just so mode, so am using all sorts of stuff to get things how we want them.

Still discovering new things and learning more and more about how to use things.

- have tree paint brush working now. It's insanely awesome and powerful. Allows you to just cover areas so easily. (even easier than using move it mod.)

- placed my first modular building. 3 seperate buildings requiring 3 roads on correct spacing, road anarchy on and then a bit of move it. Awesome u shaped highschool that sits on a 70 degree angle corner.

- finally found how to quick assign lanes in tm:pe. Ctrl + s. Thank god.

Have built an awesome town on an island. No cars and ferry access only. Worked out how to use find it mod to place grow able buildings but keep them from changing when they level up.

Using infinite oil and ore now so we don't have to keep rearranging and moving industry.

Also using a mod that lets you control zoning demand. Brilliant. Not a good mod to use early in a game, but once you're rolling in cash and space it's great.
  • https://youtu.be/EV9K3loRbDM

Ooooh. Theme mixer.

Check out the crazy terrain looks this guy gets.

Also, I think, showed me how to use some of the more tricky move it mod features better.
  • Theme mixer is amazing. Gotta work out how to save and properly use, but man, it already improves so much. Also, realised i can crank resolution for pics and still move cam as long as game is paused, framerate issues don't matter. 

(Behind spoilers for the sake of the page load)
    Spoiler:
  • Oh man, found some more mods. Just watching youtube clips and dudes will do something that blows my mind. They all chuck stuff in collections so it's easy to find. 

Hide it mod. Allows hiding literally anything in game or in UI that you don't want to see.

Mod listing isn't generally alphabetical. so once you have a big list, it's a pain, so someone made a mod. Sorted.

I'm not adding it, but someone also created a mod for literally designing buildings in game. Mental.
  • Oh, and keymapping wasn't as complete as it could be, so there's a shortcut mod that let's you keymap however you want. of course.
  • Lol. Trying to fix the looping planes at the international airport. 40% hit to traffic and killed 40k. Pics are amazing.
  • New laptop runs this noticeably better, but it is hilarious how intensive this is.

Other games have had a massive bump, this I'm still not able to really ramp up without some hits.

It might even stretch ds's monster rig.

Still not getting performance like these guys do.

https://youtu.be/oYjvW3PKud4

Pretty cool stuff. 12 youtubers who make city building vids working on one city. Infinite cash on. Pure aesthetics. You get to see the ridic work people put in with move it mod and decals.

• https://youtu.be/P7M4KOQ-hfI

Ep 6 of global collab. ep 5 is crazy too. 

Every so often these guys drop a hint of what sort of test it is for their machines. One guy mentions 32gig ram is basically essential. This guy mentions the load takes AN HOUR!
  • Oh man, ep 10 just finished. Malaysian dude just did international airport. Mental. Based on Birmingham. The shit he does.

Would love to see someone work on the ai and try and get the city legit functioning.

Cars levitating through buildings is starting to be glaring in these vids.
  • Also, I think this would be the game to actually push Ds's pc.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!