Bioshock Infinite Saved My Life (and other stories)
‹ Previous12
  • HI,

Paul here, Reckless Rick or Muggins McSensual names also apply.

Anyway, for those who don't know here is a short story. About six months ago I realized that I was the target of a malicious and specific attack on my character from people previously called friends. About that time I put up a whole lot of suicide attempts! Some really jazz shit. I wanted to end my life and quickly. I wasn't able to do so. Perhaps sloppy planning can take most of the blame but really the answer was being given beautiful life affirming art by concerned people. The most obvious was a copy of Bioshock Infinite and a new television.

I wasn't here for the game's release and good thing too because you have some arsey motherfuckers here.

Anyway here is why the game stopped me killing myself:

1: The idea of a bad man coming good by suicide. No joking, but the idea of a good and bad man killing himself and making things good stopped my idea of overdosing on Xanex. I think it was specifically the confusion and selfless element of that ending.

2: The sheer beauty of the visuals. I'll fly away in the morning.

GIVE ME SOME GOOD EXAMPLES OF GAMING STOPPING BAD THINGS WHY NOT!
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • 3: The intricacies of the story. A lot of maladjusted arses made light of the story but in all seriousness that shit kept me alive and functioning. I LOVED it and all the confusion that the Lost inspired thing brought to me.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • 4: Elizabeth: that a bad man can create a beautiful person.
  • 5: The music. Will the circle be unbroken had as much impact as O' Brother first time around.
  • Sounds like right place right time, good on you for finding something.
  • 6: The contrast between the combat and the higher aims of the game. No joke, the extreme hands on violence + the upper minded ideas gave me GOOD FEELINGS>
  • Hello muggins!
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Buying a Mega Drive (in 1992) helped me through a difficult period of my life. Nowhere near as extreme as yours though Muggins.

Pleased you made it through :)
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Can't think of a specific game, but guess gaming in general as a hobby could be worse. I could just be down the pub all the time, not that gaming has stopped me drinking with a controller in hand.

Good that you found what you needed Muggins in whatever form that was. You may, and I mean this in the best way, want to check out the mental health thread. A lot of people in there talking sense and providing words of advice.
  • Hi muggins and welcome.

I personally thought infinite were shit and over rated, I gave it to someone on here for free about a month after release.

Iv had some bad times too but a couple of people on here have helped me thru it either by private message or just helping me out with stuff.
    (you know who you are)
    Not sure if that counts as what your op asks for but it shows that not everyone on here's a badger.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    We're all badgers, Davie.  Every last one of us.
    Get schwifty.
  • I had some bad days a few yards back. New job, marriage and upcoming house move took it out of me. Signed off work and reflecting far too much, I found myself playing Twilight Princess on the Wii. It wasn't a classic and is perhaps the Zelda I have enjoyed the least. But it took my mind off things and that no doubt helped.
  • Half life 3 saved my marriage.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • When I was quite a bit younger, a short bout on rainbow islands cheered me up enough to go back to my granddad funeral afters. It was the first major death in my life and while rainbow islands didn't fix anything it's cheerful music and graphics seemed to take the edge of things
    SFV - reddave360
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    BUGUL you old sauce.  GTA stopped me from running people over, trufax.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Is it Bugul? Hello Bugul!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Course it's Bugul.  It's Bugul you mooks!
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    XOMuggins wrote:
    HI, Paul here, Reckless Rick or Muggins McSensual names also apply.

Hello Mr. McSensual! Further examples of the healing powers of video games can be found in the mental health support group.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I have had many a chat with Muggins about Infinite. His enthusiasm is infectious, so even though I am not it's biggest fan in many ways, I still look back on the first run through with a lot of fondness. 

One day we won't have to go through the 'is it bugul wait it's bugul' thing every time. Premium quality trouser person right here, people better SHAPE. UP.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I can't keep up with his name changes. Why can't he just be Bugul and make life easier?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    He loves a sandwich.
  • Too much smooth to be contained by just one moniker
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    He loves a hip-hop sandwich.  You know I once built him a Prince box-set design and he paid me cos he's a standup guy.
  • Bugul? Another lost forumite found!
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Is it BUGUL?
  • Brilliant
    Ultimate trousers
    Great guy
    Ultimate trousers
    Likes a sandwich
  • At least the first line wasn't bugul.
  • OP is high tier lol.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Assuming your lol is not mean spirited.
  • Brooks is a douche but I think he means the OP reads like a bit of a piss-take, if so I'd agree.
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!