Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'll spoiler these as they're large gifs. Second one is photo mode straight into gameplay.
    Spoiler:
  • g.man wrote:
    This has dialogue trees? I'm probably alone on this one, but god I hate that.
    You are not alone.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Magnificent gifs there DS.
  • g.man wrote:

We stand alone together.  It also has decision trees, which I dislike (someone has been mean to you!  Do you a) smile, b) not smile or c) cave their fackin' face in).  It's not so much the decisions making I find annoying, more the nagging sense of FOMO as I start to worry that I've selected the 'wrong' one, even though I'm aware that it rarely matters.  I never minded multiple dialogue options in the old point and click adventures, but you were just weeding out the wrong choices, Mass Effect & co. seem to prefer the one shot approach (post KOTOR?).
  • Choices are fine. It's when there's a load of dialogue options and I'm supposed to follow them all to the end to get info that I can't be arsed (another reason I dislike most point 'n' clickers). It's just fake interaction. Isn't that what we mean by dialogue trees?
  • I think it's when you get options for your response, but it's just the gist of what your character says.  Which as Adam says can be annoying if the actual dialogue differs too greatly from what you're expecting.
  • Yeah, I get that.

I can't recall exactly how it went, but there was that bit in Mass Effect 2 where you're talking to a reporter and your 'aggressive response' option was actually manifested as a punch in the gob.

Edit: It wasn't actually a dialogue option, but still came out of nowhere. Haha.
  • It's pretty much that, Jon. A bunch of dialogue you can skip or do in your own order, with the dialogue accordingly compromised. As such, the camera work is your basic RPG alternating headshots, with no flair or interesting cutscenes. Not sure yet where the claims of revolutionary narrative are coming from; it's backwards compared to other games.
  • JonB wrote:
    Yeah, I get that. I can't recall exactly how it went, but there was that bit in Mass Effect 2 where you're talking to a reporter and your 'aggressive response' option was actually manifested as a punch in the gob. Edit: It wasn't actually a dialogue option, but still came out of nowhere. Haha.

I did that, and it stuck in my mind as an a poor example of choices in games.  Part of my formative years involved QTE's before they were QTE's.  If a button symbol flashes up of screen the chances are I'll instinctively press it and ask questions later.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    Choices are fine. It's when there's a load of dialogue options and I'm supposed to follow them all to the end to get info that I can't be arsed (another reason I dislike most point 'n' clickers). It's just fake interaction. Isn't that what we mean by dialogue trees?

Do you remember that game on the PS1 where you could combine words into whatever question/statement you wanted? You could also arrange your awful early polygonal face to add emotional context to your random outbursts. It was set on a space ship about to be blown up by a solar flare, and you only had a limited time to say the right things to the right people before you blew up. I spent it telling people I didn't like them.

Can't remember what it was called, I only played the demo, but I'd like them to have another stab at that type of thing now. Watching those bots on Twitter (was it?) have an argument makes me think it'd be quite fun.
  • g.man wrote:

You are not alone.

• Andy wrote:
     Interaction with shorter foliage is non-existent.

Woah! good job I had cancelled my pre-order then.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I'm assuming sarcasm, but gorgeous visuals somewhat lose it for me when you walk through bushes like they're not there.
  • It's an astounding looking game, prettiest I've ever seen. Faces and expressions too
  • Andy wrote:
    I'm assuming sarcasm, but gorgeous visuals somewhat lose it for me when you walk through bushes like they're not there.

But you can believe killing a massive robot animal with a bow and arrow ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Anyhoo, think I'll pick this up next week. Be nice to get some use out of the Pro.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • It's great and fucking massive
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I feel like I need to have a good session on it to really get into it, rather than the odd
    legaldinho wrote:
    *Spurt*

I've been managing.

• I wasn't going to buy another game until Mass Effect. But jeez I might cave on this. It looks stunning.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Put about 6 hrs in now , really enjoying the story so far .

Only thing that's pissing me off - sometimes when pressing L2 to aim bow , I press R2 to fire it but end up Swinging my spear instead because I've released L2
  • Andy wrote:
    I'm assuming sarcasm, but gorgeous visuals somewhat lose it for me when you walk through bushes like they're not there.

I really hop to see you give Zelda the same treatment as there's a lot more to pick at in Zelda than Horizon. But most just look over it as it's Zelda. Not meaning to be argumentative but too many people are happy to forgive some games not others.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Put about 6 hrs in now , really enjoying the story so far .

Only thing that's pissing me off - sometimes when pressing L2 to aim bow , I press R2 to fire it but end up Swinging my spear instead because I've released L2

I do exactly the same. Haven't investigated to see if there is button mapping.

I'm such an idiot I went out and bought a Pro just for this. I need help. And I need to get rid of the old
    PS4 before the missus sees it.
  • At least I sold my old one beforehand :-)
  • This and VR have justified my pro.
  • I am so tempted to get this but I have just bought so much recently. I bought a Pro, a Nacon Pro controller, Hitman, Steep, Resi 7, Zelda.

Must resist. Feeling weak...
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    But you can believe killing a massive robot animal with a bow and arrow ?
    It's all about consistency within the game world. The manner in which arrows do damage to specific weak points is consistent, and feels right; shattering a glass eye, but bouncing off plating, for example. In that regard, I don't like the way the tethering arrows automatically lodge wherever you're standing, even rock; I'd rather they worked like the tripwire arrows, so I could pick different anchor points from a vantage point, for example. In my view, having a physical effect on certain grass, but not a bush of similar height is jarring, because it highlights inconsistency in the game world.

Verecocha wrote:
    I really hop to see you give Zelda the same treatment as there's a lot more to pick at in Zelda than Horizon. But most just look over it as it's Zelda.
    I'm as new to Zelda as I am to Horizon, so I have no allegiance to nor prior preference for either. I may yet find holes or scab edges to pick at, but so far it's done a few things significantly better than Horizon (anything to do with water, all of the voice acting - I'll need to read some of the reviews to find out what they think is so great about the sub-par storytelling) and it is certainly - so far - more internally consistent than Horizon.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Lol holy shit I'm OP and I'm in the starter area. Get Silent Strike and Lure Call, hide in the reeds, call enemy, silent kill, rinse and repeat.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!