Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You can get into games alright, just don't think you can do it with friends or lobbies etc without anything but sheer luck.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    And for a Splat Fest you might as well just play something else for the weekend as even the normal shit fucked non-lobby mess doesn't work.
  • Saltier than a seafood platter in here.

giphy.gif
  • I'm not too down on the lingo kids are using these days, but I thought salty meant being bitter about losing?
  • Yes. Salt on wounds inflicted from loss etc
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Kow wrote:
    You can get into games alright, just don't think you can do it with friends or lobbies etc without anything but sheer luck.

Er.. I'm sure you can very easily see who on your friends list is playing and join them.. iirc it just doesn't put you in the same team unless by chance.

Still it's a fucking awful mess of a game with a shite SP and I just couldn't get on with the MP even when it was free.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Any idea what the best Lego game is on the Switch?
  • AJ wrote:
    I'm not too down on the lingo kids are using these days, but I thought salty meant being bitter about losing?

From what I can gather it's become a sort of politically correct 'sandy vagina' equivalent in recent years.  I rarely see it used to describe sore losers online.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Kow wrote:

Er.. I'm sure you can very easily see who on your friends list is playing and join them.. iirc it just doesn't put you in the same team unless by chance.

You can't join them unless there's a space in the game and there's no way of knowing that or letting them know you want to join. If you're lucky you may join, or you may end up just watching a countdown until you give up and play something else.
  • Ah ok. Still at least your not paying for the service
    The Forum Herald™
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    AJ wrote:
    I'm not too down on the lingo kids are using these days, but I thought salty meant being bitter about losing?
    From what I can gather it's become a sort of politically correct 'sandy vagina' equivalent in recent years.  I rarely see it used to describe sore losers online.

I don't know what "sandy vagina" means, either.

Really, I'm just wondering if Kaz's comment is awesome irony or not.
  • Bob wrote:
    Ah ok. Still at least your not paying for the service

Huh? Does it work without the sub or are you being sarcastic?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Sandy Vagina sounds like a school in the US just waiting for a shooting.
  • AJ wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Ah ok. Still at least your not paying for the service
    Huh? Does it work without the sub or are you being sarcastic?

It was free when I played... but mostly sarcasm yeah.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Well, I guess it stays on the "not buying" side, then. TBH, after seeing that GIF Kaz posted earlier, it would likely stay there with free online play.
  • The news feed intro is unskippable even without an online sub, so if you're not in the club it's all meaningless anyway.  It's mostly about which maps are being used as something or other.  I can stick the cart in the swap club at some point anyway.

Edit: SP is wellgood btw.
  • Splatboys isn't for everyone of course, but the news feed at the start takes at most 20 to 30 secs to skip, come on folks.
  • So you can skip it, just takes 20-30 seconds?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 20-30 seconds of forced, irrelevant content is unacceptable, if you ask me.

If it's loading in the background, and the video doesn't slow that, then okay, but I'm guessing that's not the case.
  • Imagine buying a game and having to sit though an advert of that length before each time you played.
  • Its irrelevance is entirely relative, if that makes sense. Might not mean anything to you but in terms of anyone actually going on to play through any of the various multiplayer modes it's wholly relevant.
  • Of course (though it's not going to be relevant to everyone playing online) but that doesn't change anything.
  • Switches seem to be going for about 270 notes on their own. But there's a Mario Kart bundle for 280. So that's pretty good. But it looks like you can only get the red and blue controllers in that bundle. So that's pretty bad. Can't make up my mind whether to save 30 quid and get the eyesore joyboys. It probably won't leave the house much, but it will leave the house even less if it's got those monsters attached to it.
  • The red and blues are beautiful. Put some colour in your life!
    SFV - reddave360
  • I'm with Monkey; they're horrid. Though not as bad as the green/pink ones; they're just painful to look at.

Personally, I'd hold out and keep an eye on deal sites for a bundle with grey controllers. They pop up occasionally.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    The red and blues are beautiful. Put some colour in your life!
    Dunno. I'm a pretty drab man. 

Going to pull the trigger on this by the end of the week, one way or another. The red and blues + MK8 is the front runner unless something else comes along.
  • If I spot anything (and remember) I'll stick it in the deals thread for you.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    The red and blues are beautiful. Put some colour in your life!

^Truth. There's no joy in a grey Joy-Con. They're just... a con.

AJ wrote:
    Of course (though it's not going to be relevant to everyone playing online) but that doesn't change anything.
    Doesn't change what? Your issue seemed to be with the relevance, which may not apply to you but does for plenty of people playing the multi modes. The forced thing fair enough, but at 20 seconds or so it's hardly eye-gouging. Maybe it's a patience thing.
  • AJ wrote:
    If I spot anything (and remember) I'll stick it in the deals thread for you.
    Cheers.
  • I want the neon green/ pink set. I don't even see myself having a use for them. I just want.

I always felt the grey looked cheap and generic to me. Each to their own, I like the colour. The Mario odyssey pack in had 2 reds if I remember right and that looked great. Sadly was sold out by the time I bought my switch.
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!