Nintendo Switch
  • Had a quick go of Warframe. Impressed. Reminds me of destiny a bit. Grand in handheld except for reading text..
    Peter3C
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's shite.
  • Anyone remember where one of those rooms where you follow the vibration to find the moon under the floor is in Mario? Preferable one that's quick to get to.

Bought myself an SFC30 Pro and think the vibration seems wonky so want to test it.
  • My repaired JoyCon is winging its way back to me right now.
    I’m delivery number 107 and the driver is on 106 so I’m sat by the front door like an excited puppy.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • My repaired JoyCon is winging its way back to me right now. I’m delivery number 107 and the driver is on 106 so I’m sat by the front door like an excited puppy.
    You've pissed on the door mat?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • My repaired JoyCon is winging its way back to me right now. I’m delivery number 107 and the driver is on 106 so I’m sat by the front door like an excited puppy.
    You've pissed on the door mat?

It’s warm now
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    But now cold.
  • My joycon has returned and is working well! I now have a fully operational switch once again.
    Winnar
  • I should have probably sent my left Joycon off for repair 18 months ago.  Instead I was lazy and used it as an excuse to get a Pro controller...
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    pc71 wrote:
    Had a quick go of Warframe. Impressed. Reminds me of destiny a bit. Grand in handheld except for reading text..
    Kow wrote:
    It's shite.

I've put a couple of hours into the PC version, as I was bored one night and it's free to play. To me it feels like PSO with the sci-fi elements from Destiny, all mashed up with the movement set from CoD Advanced/Infinite Warfare. It's pretty good, stellar for a free to play. (IMHO, YMMV.) I've downloaded the Switch version, but yet to boot it up - you can't share an account across devices, and I'll be fucked if I'm doing everything twice. I guess I should try the Switch version and see which I prefer, and just stop playing the other one. I'm not far enough into the PC version that I'll lose years of loot or anything...
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Warframe's pretty special, phenomenal movement and combat, and enough content to keep you busy for years.  Srsly.  For a FtP title it's something else.  

But... It absolutely ain't for everyone.  It's grindy as all fuck and the story is broken up into dozens of individual quests, often with hours of busy-work in the standard missions between them. 

If you can get to grips with how it works it'll be you're new favourite game.  If.

Edit: Those Warframes tho.  Octavia's my current main, a rhythm action AoE beast with a built in step sequencer for creating your own battle tunes.  Perform actions in time with the beat for damage, multi-shot, and invisibility buffs.

Edit: And the music!  Oh god the music...
  • But kow says it’s shite. He’s notoriously positive about most things...
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's true.
  • When I first played it I got a couple of hours in and that was enough.  Could barely make any sense of the damn thing, and what I could understand didn't exactly grab me.  

Fast forward a couple of years and I thought I'd give it another go after it gained a load of praise and momentum with the Plains of Eidolon open world update.  It insta-clicked and I was bullet jumping all over the place in no time.  I'm happy to chuck the occasional few quid at the devs as well, not because you need to (you don't), but to support them and the fantastic things they've done.  

I should also say, the Warframe community is the friendliest and most helpful game community I've ever come across.  And this is charming lil 4-Mashed vid is pretty much spot on.  

https://youtu.be/-VuYCLelIO8
  • Sold (awesome vid)
    SFV - reddave360
  • Anyone go for Horizon Chase Turbo? Looks up my street. Nintendo Life raved about it.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Sold (awesome vid)

It's well worth watching / reading a few beginners guides before getting stuck in.  Essential even.  It's one seriously complex beast.
  • It's grindy as all fuck and the story is broken up into dozens of individual quests, often with hours of busy-work in the standard missions between them.

I really like the look/sound of Warframe, but this sentence alone means I'm probably never going to bother.
  • Aye.  I love the game, the devs, and the community, but I couldn't blame someone for not getting on with it.
  • One problem with free to play. If they didn't have everything all stretched out for monetisation and sold it like a regular game, I'd likely buy it. As it is, even if they were to download it, they're not going to get anything from me.
  • The kind of grind here is a big part of why people enjoy this type of game though (similar to WoW or Destiny), and it's much more geared towards a rewarding gameplay loop than the typical FtP progression-gating.  There's always something to work towards, be it a frame or weapon.  There's no real need to spend money, and the people that do mainly buy cosmetic stuff (direct purchase with frequent sales offers - no loot boxes).  Fashion Frame is the real end game. 

Honestly, as far as FtP titles go this is up there with League of Legends and Fortnite as a shining beacon of how to do things right.
  • But yeah, if you don't like these kind of grindy games then Warframe really isn't for you.

Edit: Thinking about what you said, if they did strip it down to the core combat / movement / exploration loop, they could make a stonkingly good straight-up action game spin-off.
  • Nope, fuck anything grindy, I've better stuff to do with my time than repeat the same thing over and over for that long. Same goes for things that need shit loads of practice to get anywhere. It's a real pity in this case because the minute to minute mechanics would probably click with me.
  • I totally get it.  Honestly, not too long ago the thought of playing something like this would have filled me with dread.  And thinking about it I have no idea how or when that changed.
  • When it got its claws into you?

TBH, I'd love it if I was younger with less money and more time, but I've so many different games to get through, it seems silly to start something with that kind of length.

On a totally different subject, the vibration on my SFC30 Pro is fine and it's a lovely little thing. In fact, it's probably replaced the Joy-Cons as my player 2 pad.
  • From what I understand Warframe is kinda like Destiny but with Monster Hunter style item progression so you can actually work towards the gear you want instead of rolling a dice (as in Destiny) and hoping it drops the thing you want.
    Which seems good to me! Not sure I have the time for the grind though.
  • Anyone go for Horizon Chase Turbo? Looks up my street. Nintendo Life raved about it.

It will be mine. But not for £18 squidoolies.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Anyone go for Horizon Chase Turbo? Looks up my street. Nintendo Life raved about it.
    It will be mine. But not for £18 squidoolies.

This.

Also Warframe? Me and Kow often agree. Will I Like it?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Octavia's my current main, a rhythm action AoE beast with a built in step sequencer for creating your own battle tunes.  Perform actions in time with the beat for damage, multi-shot, and invisibility buffs. Edit: And the music!  Oh god the music...
    Haha, wow that sounds nuts in the best possible way.

I'm pretty impressed by Warframe on the Switch. Find precise aiming a little tricky on the joycons but enjoying the hack n' slash combat once I'd got to grips with the whole bullet jumping stuff and figured out how to make a shotgun.
  • Nice, glad you're getting on with it! The combat and movement are so good. Get that bullet jump combo down and there'll be no stopping you. Also, save the free Platinum (premium currency) you got at the start of the game for new weapon or Warframe slots - you'll need them as your arsenal builds up.

Bob wrote:
    Also Warframe? Me and Kow often agree. Will I Like it?

Like AJ, you'd probably get on with the combat and movement but the complicated systems, lack of a linear story, and the huge grind are the things that make most people bounce off it. If that doesn't sound like your kinda thing it's probably best to give it a miss.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!