Nintendo Switch
  • There's a feedback page for the youtube app setup by Google. I've said to change the icon cos it's fucking horrible.

Other than that it's super smooth. More responsive than the PS4/Bone apps anyway. I'm pleased, will be perfect for when I'm at the gf's.
  • Anyway original GTA game had a jump button.

Nope. Not on PlayStation, anyway.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You can slide in gta1, jump was introduced in 2.
  • Wait, it says as much in the instructions you posted.
  • "When on foot, press the special key to make rude noises."
  • The sounds were just burps.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Farts no?
  • It could have been both but they sounded more burpy to my ears than “prrrpy”
  • There are a specific number of prizes winging their way to me, courtesy of uncle. I've got an inkling that I know what they are - no Switch pun intended - but I'm hoping I'm wrong for reasons I'm reluctant to disclose in case it ruins the lol. Needless to say I'm very excited though.
  • I decided to treat myself to a copy of Lumines. Why did nobody tell me how fucking addictive and brilliant it is?!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I’m sure it’s been mentioned by many of us!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I treated my wife to a copy of Sushi Striker because I couldn't resist the deal recently (and also because she likes some match-three puzzle games). She gave it 45 minutes but was angling to quit after 15. Bizarre game. Might come alive in handheld mode due to touch controls, but I doubt she'll try.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot's wife is a lucky lady
  • I might treat my wife to PSVR and Astro Bot. Maybe treat her to SoulCalibur VI too.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yeah... Maybe I treat my wife to a PS4 Pro...
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I've got a 100% fail rating for game related gifts to the other half.  She hated Animal Crossing too, and I had to import than from Australia iirc. 

Mario Party is still going strong though.  We haven't played the actual boards for ages, but the rhythm game is ace.  Tons better than any of the mp extras in Kirby.  I wonder if they'll add to the game post launch as they have with ARMS and Tennis.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    http://www.8bitdo.com/gbros/

New doohickey from 8bitdo lets you use a variety of wired pads with the Switch, including GameCube controllers. Smash purists will be happy.

What has me salivating though is the thought of using the Wii Classic Pro with Monster Hunter.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • $20 strikes me as reasonable too.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I treated my wife to a copy of Sushi Striker because I couldn't resist the deal recently (and also because she likes some match-three puzzle games). She gave it 45 minutes but was angling to quit after 15. Bizarre game. Might come alive in handheld mode due to touch controls, but I doubt she'll try.

Handheld is the only way to play on Switch according to the reviews. Many said the 3DS version was best because it defaults to touch.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    $20 strikes me as reasonable too.

£18 on UK Amazon. Sold.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Just to note, you can use Gold Points on My Nintendo to get a money off voucher for the Switch NES controllers.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Basically money off RSI and hand cramp.
  • My pressies arrived yesterday.  I knew there would be four gifts, so I had a bit of a panic and convinced myself uncle might've sent me four candles, which could have been problematic as my dog loves eating them.  Nope, not four candles....

A bumper issue of Edge and some lovely PS1 drinks coasters

edge.jpg

And some Hotel Chocolate choccies!

boy.jpg

Then it was Uncle's turn to have a bit of a panic when he realised it was a potentially worse gift for Bramble to get stuck into than candles ('DO SOMETHING MAN! ANYTHING'), but my wife was in so it's fine.  Amazing gesture, lovely stuff - thank you.

I already have a set of Playstation coasters I won when Andy ran a (superb) box art comp a few years ago though, so I'll offer them to the badger who writes me the best plot synopsis for Bomb Chicken 2: Eggslosion.
  • Bomb Chicken 2: Eggslosion

On Christmas Eve 1990, two years after the Nakatomi Tower Incident, police office Bomb Chicken is waiting at Washington Dulles International Airport for his wife Robot Chicken to arrive from Los Angeles. Reporter Henny Penny, who exposed Robot Chickens identity to Red Rooster in the Nakatomi Tower, is assigned a seat across the aisle from her. In the airport bar, Bomb Chicken observes two men in Army fatigues behaving suspiciously and pursues them into the baggage area. After a shootout,Bomb Chicken kills one man while the other escapes. Learning that the dead man is an American soldier believed to be killed in action while originally serving in Honduras, Bomb Chicken relates the situation to airport police captain Chuckie Egg, who dismisses any concerns.

Former U.S. Army Special Forces Colonel Desert Island Dizzy and other members of his unit establish a base in a church near Dulles. They hack into the air traffic control systems, cut off all communication to the planes, and turn off the runway lights, leaving Dulles ATC powerless to land any planes. Their goal is to rescue General Tiki Kiwi, a drug lord and dictator of Val Verde, who is being extradited to the United States to stand trial on drug trafficking charges. They demand a Boeing 747 cargo plane so they can escape to another country with Tiki Kiwi in tow, and warn the airport controllers not to try to restore control. With his wife on one of the planes circling above Washington, D.C. with too little fuel to be redirected, Bomb Chicken prepares to fight the terrorists, allying himself with a janitor, Mort the Chicken, to gain larger access to the airport.

Dulles communications director Pojo The Chicken heads to the unfinished Annex Skywalk with a SWAT team to re-establish communications with the planes. Just before reaching the Skywalk, Pojo the Chicken and the entire group are ambushed by Desert Island Dizzys henchmen and the SWAT team is killed in the ensuing firefight. With Mort the Chicken’s help, Bomb Chicken races to the Skywalk, rescues Pojo the Chicken, and kills Dizzys men. Desert Island Dizzy retaliates by recalibrating the instrument landing system and then impersonating air traffic controllers to crash a British jet, killing all 230 passengers and crew members on board. A U.S. Army Special Forces team led by Chicken Ned is called in. By listening in on a two-way radio that was dropped by one of Dizzy's henchmen, Bomb Chicken finds out that Tiki Kiwi having killed his captors and now piloting the plane carrying him to Dulles, is landing.

With Mort the Chicken's aid, Bomb Chicken reaches the aircraft before Dizzy's henchmen. Tiki Kiwi traps him and the mercenaries throw grenades into the cockpit. Bomb Chicken escapes via the ejection seat mere seconds before the grenades detonate and the aircraft explodes. Pojo the Chicken helps Bomb Chicken locate the mercenaries' hideout and they tell Chicken Ned and his team to raid the location, but the mercenaries escape on snowmobiles. Bomb Chicken pursues them but is stunned to discover the mercenaries' guns are loaded with blanks, concluding that the Special Forces team are in fact Desert Island Dizzys subordinates.

Bomb Chicken demands Chuckie Egg intercept the Boeing 747 in which the mercenaries will escape; Chuckie Egg refuses to listen until Bomb Chicken fires at Chuckie Egg with the blank gun, thus proving his story. Aboard Robot Chicken's flight, a suspicious Henny Penny is monitoring airport radio traffic and learns about the situation from a secret transmission to the circling planes from Pojo the Chicken. Henny Penny phones in a sensational and exaggerated take on what is happening leading to panic and preventing the officers from reaching the escape plane. Robot Chicken subdues Henny Penny with a stun gun.

Bomb Chicken hitches a ride on a news helicopter that drops him off on the wing of the taxiing mercenaries' 747. He jams the left inboard aileron with his jacket, preventing the plane from taking off. Tiki Kiwi, who is flying the jet, is shocked when he sees Bomb Chicken on the wing. Chicken Ned emerges and fights Bomb Chicken, but is knocked off the wing and falls into an engine, killing him. Desert Island Dizzy then comes out and succeeds in knocking Bomb Chicken off the plane before removing Bomb Chciken’s jacket. However, he fails to notice that Bomb Chicken had opened the fuel hatch. Bomb Chicken then uses his cigarette lighter to ignite the trail of fuel which causes the jet to explode, killing the other soldiers,Tiki Kiwi, and Desert Island Dizzy aboard. The planes circling above use the fire trail to help them land. As the other passengers on board are rescued, Robot and Bomb Chicken happily embrace.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I think it's fair to declare an early chicken dinner. Pm your address please Dave :)

Extra points for leaving the title untouched, just spotted that.
  • Has anyone picked up Road Redemption?

I just read the Nintendolife review and it sounds quite good thankfully.

I loved Road Rash, I've put it in my watch list for now.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!