Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    It's not just the game, either, it's the Game With Plastic Tat Edition. I do like me some plastic tat.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Andy wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I just bought Stalink for £19.99 when doing the big Christmas Amazon shop.  Oops.
    Gah! We wants it!

I can buy two if you want, pay for it on the 1st?  Seems a shame to miss out on a bargain when you're this close...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Anyone else playing Phantasy Star? [Tumbleweed rolls past.]

Whelp, that's the credits rolled on Phantasy Star. The quality of life improvements make it a shorter game but also I ended up hopelessly addicted to it and have been playing it obsessively all weekend. Probably the most fun I've had with a JRPG of that era.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Righto, the rumble on the SN30 is much weaker than on the Nintendo Pro Controller. I reckon the SN30 is doing what I thought. It's only got one motor, which is set to ape one motor in the Switch proper. But the Switch's HD Rumble uses multiple motors, so the rumble in the SN30 is either weaker or non-existent, depending on which motors the Switch is using.

Ah, thanks. Assuming you've updated the pad to the latest 8bitdo firmware, that'll be a problem with my controller then; I get nothing.

For interest: both the Pro and the SN30 have two motors, they're just different types. "HD Rumble" is two linear actuators (weights that get moved back and forth along a tube by magnets) whereas the SN30, like other pads, just has your standard rotating motors with weights on. No idea if the switch or the controller translates the signal.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Dunno if it's the latest firmware, but I did have to update it when I got the pad about a year ago to get it working with the SNES mini.

Ah, so it's not a number of motors thing, it's a type of motors. Odds on the SN30 isn't having the rumble signals (for want of a better term) translated properly. Whether this is the fault of the Switch or the pad I dunno. So you're not getting any rumble at all?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I can buy two if you want, pay for it on the 1st?  Seems a shame to miss out on a bargain when you're this close...

That’s a kind offer, but it’s okay, thanks. I did consider buying it with the money my grandparents sent me for Christmas, but nah. I’ll survive.
  • Andy wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:

That’s a kind offer, but it’s okay, thanks. I did consider buying it with the money my grandparents sent me for Christmas, but nah. I’ll survive.

It’s £17.99 from HMV or Smyths
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Dunno if it's the latest firmware, but I did have to update it when I got the pad about a year ago to get it working with the SNES mini.

Ah, so it's not a number of motors thing, it's a type of motors. Odds on the SN30 isn't having the rumble signals (for want of a better term) translated properly. Whether this is the fault of the Switch or the pad I dunno. So you're not getting any rumble at all?

Not on the controller finder thing, no.

There have been a few updates since you applied yours, so I guess it's still possible it's that, but I can't in good conscience ask you to update your firmware if you've got better vibration than me. Though, looking at the dates, it might be worth it for the other bits. ;)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Huh, much weirdness. It is really weak, have you tried holding the SN30 in your hand when you activate it? Also, I found that you could only have one pad vibrate at once. I had my Pro connected too, and could activate that or the SN30. Use the shoulder buttons to select which pad is the activator and which is the vibrator. (Phwoar, etc.)

I'll add 'update my SN30 firmware' to my ever growing list of things to do.
  • Many thanks. :)

It was definitely the right pad being activated - it was the only one connected. There's actually an almost imperceptible noise, but whether that indicates a firmware problem I can hassle them to patch, or busted pad, I've no idea.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I reckon the motor might be busted, maybe trying to rotate but not able to. Mine was definitely rumbling, just not very strongly.
  • Could be, but there was definitely an update to reduce the vibration on Switch (I think a prior one had made it too strong) so it could be the way that was implemented.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Anyone else playing Phantasy Star? [Tumbleweed rolls past.]

Whelp, that's the credits rolled on Phantasy Star. The quality of life improvements make it a shorter game but also I ended up hopelessly addicted to it and have been playing it obsessively all weekend. Probably the most fun I've had with a JRPG of that era.

Okay, I’m interested now. Never played a Phantasy Star before.
    Get schwifty.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It's weird, it's a Master System JRPG with not even that much story but it did things to my brain.
  • It was certainly a great game on the MS. What kind of changes have they made to make it worth playing now?
  • Improved your quality of life. That’s amazing.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    There's a mode where the encounter rate is quartered and EXP and money is quadrupled to reduce the grind and there's an optional automap and constant HP/MP status display.
  • Not having the best time of it at the moment.

Civ 6 is impenterable. Took a while to work out how to even start a new game. Why the tutorial is a seperate thing is anyones guess and the advisor comes on at the start tells you about six not very useful things in a row with out even letting you try them and then  you're left with not a pointer as to what to do first... thanks for that. Even the eurogamer start up guide assumes you've made your first city. Fuck that.

Third try at Hollow Knight.. I mean it's hard. There's no pointers as to where to go so every time I die I start back at the top again. It's difficult to tell whether the areas I'm in are to difficult for me or I'm just not very good or I'm supposed to git good.. or what really. Again a bit impeniterable.. even the map is fuck all use.

Now I'm stuck on a Boss in SWD2 which is a game that's pretty unpunishing out side of the mainly optional challenge bits and suddenly there's a boss battle with a lava floor and the things firing fucking 8 pellets at me and following some random pattern. Bastard.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob, in HK, have you bought the
    Spoiler:
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Bob, in HK, have you bought the
    Spoiler:

No but it's like 200 points and I'm nowhere near staying alive long enough for that.

I mean I'm all for no less hand holding but as far as I can tell this doesn't give you a fucking clue where you supposed to be going? I keep meeting people and having nice chats but does fuck all.. still get sent back to the bench.. It's probably not for me.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Maybe Google an optimal route guide. Even if it's just area names at least you'll know you're 'supposed' to be where you are and have something to work with.
  • Switch really needs an advance wars soon. I know there's an indie inspired by it coming soon, but tonight I'm getting the gb micro out of storage.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    It's not just the game, either, it's the Game With Plastic Tat Edition. I do like me some plastic tat.
    £20! Thanks to you, one of my nephews is getting that for xmas now :D
  • Vela wrote:
    Switch really needs an advance wars soon. I know there's an indie inspired by it coming soon, but tonight I'm getting the gb micro out of storage.

Into the breach scratched that itch for me
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • I have ITTB and its not quite the same. I tend to like AW's flexibility. You can either nail the optimal strategy or hold out in an ugly war of attrition. In Breach, sometimes your fate is decided on the third island when you place your mechs and all of a sudden 3 armoured cobra looking vek appear.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    Switch really needs an advance wars soon. I know there's an indie inspired by it coming soon, but tonight I'm getting the gb micro out of storage.
    Into the breach scratched that itch for me
    I really thought it would for me too, had high expectations of Into the Breach but it just didn't really click. I can see why it gets high praise though.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Vastik wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    £20! Thanks to you, one of my nephews is getting that for xmas now :D

Don't thank me, thank Moot.

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Hope nephew enjoys it either way.
  • The spaceship is great- the game eeeeh.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    That's basically why I want it, I'll try the game and put Starfox's ship on display next to my plastic tat collection.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!