Nintendo Switch
  • What's the deal with Revelation games, are they just over the shoulder shooters, no puzzles/ammo conservation worries?
  • Leading on from the civ question the other day are they making switch games in small numbers? Some like doom and wolfenstien and bayonetta 2 never seem to go cheap
    The Forum Herald™
  • Try getting the Climax Edition of Bayo 2 only released in Japan. Over £200 on eBay I think.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I’ve got it on wii u so I’m not double dipping until it’s cheap. Might have to go eBay
    The Forum Herald™
  • I think I liked Code Veronica on Dreamcast but I was drinking even more back then than Bob was.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I liked code Veronica.. couldn’t clear the final boss but otherwise a solid outing.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I played it because I was Dreamcast mad, but it wasn't amazing. The boss on the plane was a twat.
  • Bosses on planes are always twats.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    5 doesn’t hold a candle to four. And six isn’t that bad.
    Oh come on, it’s not that bad! Perfectly playable and if you look at it as a completely over the top action movie made playable it’s a right laugh

Like I said, 5 is a poor man's 4. But it's infinitely better than 6. Horses for courses, opinions, etc., but I cannot fathom why anyone enjoyed 6. It was a complete mess. Like, I don't watch football, but I understand why people do. Resi 6, though. Man. You may as well announce that you enjoy eating poop, it's roughly the same chance of persuading me that you're in the right.

Not trying to start an argument or anything, but... Resi 6? The only reason I'll give it 2/10 rather than just 1 is that it runs fairly solidly. I don't think it crashed on me. But from any design/gameplay/story/aesthetic/fun perspective, it fails, and fails spectacularly. Resi 5 was just a duff version of 4. Same gameplay, but with poorly executed plot, accidental racism, and that bit where Chris punches a rock.
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    What's the deal with Revelation games, are they just over the shoulder shooters, no puzzles/ammo conservation worries?

No, they're closer to the original Resis than they are the newer ones. Think REmake and 0; original games with modern conveniences. They're both good, though, and I loved Revelations 2. Played through it several times to get the achievements, and I only missed out on the one to complete the game in Invisible Enemy mode.
    Bosses on planes are always twats.

No, that's snakes.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Bosses on planes are always twats.

Snakes are worse
  • I seem to remember rooting for the snakes.
  • Bob wrote:
    If I remember it’s very old school resi.

Definitely, if you still enjoy them post 4 then 0 is worth playing.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Vela wrote:
    So how are people finding no more heroes. Reviews seem all over the place.

if you've played nmh before i think it's as good as the others, however you take that.

i'm finding it unexpectedly hard though, the gameplay seems fairly solid. Co-op is where the real meat is, as you have to share the ability chips between two characters.

personally the game is right up my street, i quite like the playing a game about playing a game cheesyness and stupid vulgar otaku dialogue.
  • That's another thing putting me off.. i'm never going to get to co-op. Is the difficulty selectable?

Also it was £35 in GAME.
    The Forum Herald™
  • yeah it has difficulties, medium has provided me with a few boss challenges so far. it's still pretty playable SP, it's just way more fun COOP.

i think i paid £30 for the cart, (shopto) including the season pass.
  • Has anyone got FIFA 19 on Switch? I’m interested to know if it has the same options to set different formations and play styles for each of the attacking/defending presets (like the other formats) or if the in-game tactics changes are more like the older style?
  • I have it - very underwhelming, get the 18 version instead as it’s exactly the same
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • 18 also has World Cup mode right?
  • Yup

• Depending on how much you love your fifa, I found 18 a decent footie game. Great fun in impromptu multiplayer.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yeah it’s solid if unspectacular, 19 is a rip off imo

• I have it - very underwhelming, get the 18 version instead as it’s exactly the same

Pretty much what they did with Vita
    The Forum Herald™
  • I have 18. It’s specifically the tactical stuff I’m asking about.
  • It’s exactly the same ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Well, the review I read suggested that it’s not exactly the same; the engine is largely unchanged, but there are a number of tweaks and revisions, some of which bring it more in line with the PS4 and XB1 version, but that a number of things are still left out. Tactical options strike me as something that could have made it, but might not have.
  • Andy wrote:
    Well, the review I read suggested that it’s not exactly the same; the engine is largely unchanged, but there are a number of tweaks and revisions, some of which bring it more in line with the PS4 and XB1 version, but that a number of things are still left out. Tactical options strike me as something that could have made it, but might not have.

https://www.pocketgamer.com/articles/078831/fifa-19-review/

Does that help?
    The Forum Herald™
  • * This is a moan.

Fecking stupid fecking game developers. arrrgghhhhhhhh.

Just completed Banner Saga 1 on my switch (digital edition). Moot lent me the trilogy cartridge which i got from moot long after i was part way through BS1 anyway.

Though i'd play BS2 from the cartridge after finishing BS1 but no it can't find my BS1 digital save game even though the switch saves save game data to the same location regardless of physical or digital game.

How fecking annoying is that? I want to see the consequences of my actions from BS1 in BS2. Looks like i have three choices, 1 ) start BS1 again from the cartridge. 2 ) start BS2 without an imported game save. 3 ) Buy a digital BS2 just so i can play BS2 with my BS1 save game.

Option 2 is most likely, but this has really pissed me off.
  • Bob wrote:
    Andy wrote:
    Well, the review I read suggested that it’s not exactly the same; the engine is largely unchanged, but there are a number of tweaks and revisions, some of which bring it more in line with the PS4 and XB1 version, but that a number of things are still left out. Tactical options strike me as something that could have made it, but might not have.
    https://www.pocketgamer.com/articles/078831/fifa-19-review/ Does that help?
    Excellent review - it is very inflexible, oh for pes on switch

• Bob wrote:

Nope. It’s not a detail I’d expect to see in most reviews, tbh.
  • I will check for the tactics tomorrow, can’t remember it being anything special though

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!