adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Animal Crossing will sell 165 units, Luigi's Mansion will sell 14.

DOOMED.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Prime 4 will be a launch title on next console. Ain't coming to Switch, I'd bet $$$ on it

I'll take that. £5.

Deal
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fucking Bandai Namco... Useless bastards.
  • Smang wrote:
    found the limited edition of octopath for £85, not sure on it. game looks perfect for train fodder.

I picked this up again the other day. I've been really enjoying it, it massively depends on which characters you stick with though. I'm up to chapter 4 with Tressa, H'aanitt, Primrose and Ophelia.

Not sure if I'll do the whole story with them all though.

Perfect train fodder though, sometimes I'm too tired to do anything other than grind, which this game massively depends on. Battles can take ages as well so bear that in mind.
  • I never thought MP4 would sell that well tbh. How many copies did the other games shift?
    3DS friend code: 2809-8024-1882
    AC: New Leaf: James (Ardis) 
    Wii U: BennyProfane
    Switch: SW-4893-5168-5693
  • pandajimmy wrote:
    I never thought MP4 would sell that well tbh. How many copies did the other games shift?

Highest is Prime at 2.84M

Lowest is Samus Returns at about half a million.

Federation Force and some re-releases/remakes have sold lower than that though.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Shocked to hear Stranger's Wrath is coming out.  (yeah, I know old news).

My son (who owns the Switch) is pleased with that as it's his favourite game.  He has been learned proper.

That's the best game coming out this year.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Shocked to hear Stranger's Wrath is coming out.  (yeah, I know old news).

My son (who owns the Switch) is pleased with that as it's his favourite game.  He has been learned proper.

That's the best game coming out this year.

No way, i loved that game back in the day so frecking good.
  • Should be a fairly easy port from the vita ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Vita version ran like rubbish.  PS3 on the other hand..

Not solid 60fps but pretty good.
  • Yeah but the switch has more power
    The Forum Herald™
  • Stellaris is coming out on ps4 end of Feb. Would it be too much of an ask graphically for it to run on the Switch?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Doubt it. It barely has graphics.
  • I've gotta lazy now, I just want to play everything in the switch
  • Graphics aren’t the issue with games like Stellaris, it’s CPU processing and memory for all the turn calculations
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Civ 6 does ok doesn't it? Although I'm not sure they're a direct comparison.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Graphics aren’t the issue with games like Stellaris, it’s CPU processing and memory for all the turn calculations

Maybe they can use the power of the cloud?
  • Civ 6 does ok doesn't it? Although I'm not sure they're a direct comparison.

Depends on how they're coded I guess. I'm just guessing, but the reason the X-Com games are so wonky on console has nothing to do with them being graphical powerhouses.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Prime 4 will be a launch title on next console. Ain't coming to Switch, I'd bet $$$ on it

I'll go third way and say it'll be a Switch swan song/Switch 2 launch title, a la Twilight Princess and Breath of the Wild.

Then again, the Switch is selling like hot cakes, and the 3DS is still getting releases, so maybe the Switch will be around for a while yet.

For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'll take that. £5.
    Deal

It'll be the same as BOTW crossover from Wii-U to Switch. You'll get a cut down version on the current console and the real deal on the next Switch.

EDIT - or I could have read Swirl's post first!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    EDIT - or I could have read Swirl's post first!

To be fair, I'm just echoing what others have said elsewhere.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl wrote:

I'll go third way and say it'll be a Switch swan song/Switch 2 launch title, a la Twilight Princess and Breath of the Wild.

I'll go for it being the Switches late exclusive release that under performs because the console is too old for people to care.

Think Donkey Kong Country 3, Majoras Mask etc.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Tempy wrote:
    Civ 6 does ok doesn't it? Although I'm not sure they're a direct comparison.
    Depends on how they're coded I guess. I'm just guessing, but the reason the X-Com games are so wonky on console has nothing to do with them being graphical powerhouses.
    The destructible scenery doesn't help either.
  • Bayonetta 3 is also this year isn't it?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Unless they scrap it and give it to Namco Bandai to start again.
  • Bayo is unknown. All we’ve seen is a clip with the number 3.
  • BGR. com

Nintendo is widely expected to launch new Switch hardware this year, although it’s still unclear what the new console, or consoles, will have to offer. A report earlier this week said the Switch is about to receive a meaningful update when it comes to RAM and built-in storage. Previously, a report said the hardware revision would bring an improved LCD screen that will be slimmer and more energy-efficient. Now, a brand new report supposedly sourced from Nintendo’s supply chain says that a less expensive Switch model may be in the making.

It’s unclear at this time whether Nintendo can simultaneously bump specs on the console and drop the price. The new report comes from Digitimes’ sources who have knowledge of Nintendo’s Switch supply chain. The report says Nintendo plans to release a cheaper version of the game console in 2019, without revealing any details about said model — not even the price for the cheap Nintendo Switch console is mentioned.
  • I suppose if it can be manufactured cheaply enough a permadocked, non switchable Switch might make them a few quid.  It'd be losing the main draw of the hardware for some, but it didn't stop the 2DS being a success.  I guess there are plenty of parents out there who'd buy their kids a £129 Nintendo tellybox but not a £279 eminently breakable hybrid.
  • I've never been a upgrader before (still on a standard Bone, still a standard PS4) but if they do do a new Switch SKU I'll be front and centre for whatever trade in offer is going on.

Would much much prefer they upgrade their infrastructure though. Can't stand browsing the eshop any more. Absolute cesspit.
  • I think it will be a simple "economies of scale" job, which Nintendo has a long history of doing with their handhelds. Guess we'll know for sure by e3.

edit: just seen gavs post, yeh id upgrade if the deal made sense.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!