adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    3DS shoulder buttons would be difficult though. They would basically need to do a first party Flip Grip.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    What’s the betting that Ninty will offer up a second set of joycons as an alternative control for VR games, one set attached to the Switch and the other for VR feels? Works best with Switch+!

I’ll buy the lot and use it for 5 minutes.
    Things can only get better.
  • So you hold the switch to your head joycons attached and strap the others to
    Your leg with attached Velcro leg straps so you can actually walk in vr?
    The Forum Herald™
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Oh yeah I forgot there was no head strap, doh!
    Things can only get better.
  • You could have a strap that uses the rails of the switch, rather than strap from the card. Would make a bit more sense maybe.

Also I think they just want some basic silly fun things to do with it rather than trying to actually DO VR, can’t imagine they’d do much more than a couple of labo style games. Which is fiiiine by me.
  • All I want is a 3D platformer where you control the camera with your face while moving a character around in third person and dealing with Ninty design genius stuff. I don't care if it's Mario, Wario or [insert someone else, I don't care].

Actually, a Punch-Out! would be nice too.
  • Yeah a strap that slid on to the joycon rails would be perfect strap a joycon to each limb and a wii sensor bar locates where you are and you quite literally are the controller ... I wonder if they can beat kinnect to market?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Trying Smash Bros again, this time with my nephew. I still hate it.
  • I didn't know it was 8 player. Might as well type this rather than try to influence any of the nonsense on screen.
  • My Boy played a couple of hours after I spent £50 or so on digital version and hasn’t gone back to it. That’ll learn me for not going physical. I thought he’d be all over it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I sold mine. It was nonsense.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm going to buy an Xbox One and an Xbox One game I don't like and then never shut the fuck up about it in all of your favourite threads!!!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • You might wanna pick PS4 for maximum effect. Then you’ll have Bob to deal with.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I don't have an Xbox either.
  • I’m gonna play some smash bros today.
    It’s great fun! Love it!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I've fallen out with it. Wish I didn't get digital but ho hum.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    You might wanna pick PS4 for maximum effect. Then you’ll have Bob to deal with.

Tbf at least there’s only one blindly defending PS4 stuff rather than multiples.
  • There is another...

But, yeah, all a bit dull.
  • Let's not, and say we did. There are more important things than fighting over consoles from ms, Sony and nintendo. Like fighting over google and facebook scam consoles.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    You might wanna pick PS4 for maximum effect. Then you’ll have Bob to deal with.

Tbf at least there’s only one blindly defending PS4 stuff rather than multiples.

Not blindly thanks
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yeah in the context that google is taking over the game space we should band together as people who need a plastic box to play games via the insertion of media.
  • Some of you might recall me talking about Active Soccer 2 DX on PS4 being a great, old school football game, which I hoped would see the light of day on Switch.

Well, Active Soccer 2019 has appeared in the ‘Coming Soon’ section of the eShop.

Huzzah.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    B has had a milkshake and inhaled way too much sugar and started browsing the eShop randomly.

So far we've found a Ruther Hauer simulator kinda thing (it's actually his voice) and "Shanky. The vegans nightmare". Their is some wonderful stuff out there no one knows about.
  • I love a good browse on Thursdays.
  • I should make use of the wishlist thing on the Switch itself, but as I always forget my rightprice watchlist is something like this:

Hidden Folks
    Super Hydorah
    Salt & Sanctuary (or Vita)
    Monster Boy and the Curses! Thirty five fucking quid?! Kingdom
    Super Sports Matchen
    West of Loathing
    Baba is You
    Ape Out
    Hyper Light Drifter
    Golf Peaks
    Cursed Castilla EX (or Vita)
    Toejam & Earl: Back in the Groove

...with another five or six games I'd probably but at 50% off.
  • I think Yoshi might be a bad game. In the sense that it’s got some good quality but also they made some right fuck ups in the design and some of which may cynically extend the life of the game beyond its actual interesting period.

Firstly the hidden object challenges are annoying. It’s like doing a word search where you have to move your head so you can see the whole grid. Naughtily you have to keep going through the level to get different hidden objects, sort of like doing a word search where they give you one word at a time. Some of the levels are auto scrolling which is like doing a word search where you can only scan the grid in one direction, if you miss your current and only word, or realise you saw it too late, you have to start at the top again. All of this feels extremely cynical because clearly they would have tested this and observed how shit it is. They’re too competent.

The flip mechanic is done in a really uninteresting way - literally it adds nothing, except perhaps hamstrings the level design so it works basically both ways. Certainly there’s nothing like the original concept in the game where a hidden truth is revealed to help you figure stuff out. It’s all pretty perfunctory. Even the idea of the race back - like wario shake dimension - is done in such a chill way that it feels pointless to have a timer really.

• I haven't been able to play it yet, the Yoshi perfect behaviour mantel piece reward tick chart keeps returning to square one.

With the artificial lengthening, I get that some quests and tasks are more chorelike than others in games, but if the collectathon gets too tedious why not stop collecting? Isn't it mostly optional? When the fun stops, stop, as they say. I haven't craved 100% stats in games since the mid 90s, different strokes for different folks etc, but if it's souring the experience wouldn't sacking it off be liberating?
  • My kids both love Yoshi. I haven’t played it at all, but it’s a delight watching them play a game on their own for the first time ever. Mind you, they also love playing Excitebike on the NES online thing. So maybe they just have low standards.

I’m joking, Excitebike is da bomb.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • It’s just tiresome. Didn’t grab me and is insanely dull
    For a platformer. Will
    Be trading for the next thing I want on switch that gets a physical release
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!