Nintendo Switch
  • Classic Bob.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I’m pretty sure I did complain I couldn’t start a game the other day?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Katana Zero continues to delight, managed to get another hour in earlier. I'm worried it'll be a bit short, which isn't usually a problem for me, but considering it feels like I've been watching it almost as much as I've been playing it that could end up taking a bit of the shine off. It's very, very good though.
  • The game to story ratio is the main issue with it really. It needed to pack more into the early levels or keep going longer to justify all the plot stuff.
  • Classic moot
    The Forum Herald™
  • I've done it now, opting out of the listless late night TV channel hopping. It's GotY for me as it stands, but it's an [8] rather than the [9] it almost deserves as there aren't enough rooms to clear and some of the better ideas are underused. Massive fan though, it's not quite Not a Hero and a few steps behind Hotline Miami but if you liked those you'll enjoy it. Would buy dlc, it's a belter.
  • About 6 hours into Octopath Traveller. Did anyone else play through this? I bought it at release, but just couldn't bring myself to start another JPRG so soon after Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Anyhoo, Octopath - really enjoyed what I've played so far.
  • Spoiler:
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I got through 4 of the storylines, will go through the other 4 one day. Really liked it! Not as much as something like bravely default, but very enjoyable. Would have been nice had the stories converged at some point, or the characters had any interaction outside those small vignettes.

NOOOO! That's kinda a spoiler!

I'm playing this like a mug... Sporadically (like, 4 hours a week, tops), for 52+ hours... Taking on all the stories.

It's formulaic, but for me, morish.

I like the writing a lot.

It's not original, or highly detailed... It's just inoffensive, light hearted shite.
    The battle system is fun too.

Again, not highly original, but smart and challenging.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I suppose then, the best part about it, is the sheer weight of decent (but not incredible) content.
    Like 800/900+ pages of pulp fiction, or something.
  • NOOOO! That's kinda a spoiler!

Oh is it? I thought that was quite well known from the trailers/reviews etc. Apologies! Have spoilered.
  • Spoiler:

When you say 'through' - do you mean all of the chapters for 4 of the characters, or just the first chapter for each?
  • Sounds like I'm going to have to get Katana Zero, then.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Spoiler:

When you say 'through' - do you mean all of the chapters for 4 of the characters, or just the first chapter for each?

All the chapters for 4 characters. The others all have chapter 1 done, but nothing beyond that.
    Spoiler:
  • How much isKZ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • About £13, I think.
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I've done it now, opting out of the listless late night TV channel hopping. It's GotY for me as it stands, but it's an [8] rather than the [9] it almost deserves as there aren't enough rooms to clear and some of the better ideas are underused. Massive fan though, it's not quite Not a Hero and a few steps behind Hotline Miami but if you liked those you'll enjoy it. Would buy dlc, it's a belter.
    This is really the thing though, and the main reason it was good not great for me.
  • I'm surprised the hop on/off minecart only lasted three screens, same as a few other variations on the standard format (one that would be a spoiler). It's really is strange how brief the playable sections are considering the strength of the basics. What there is superb, from start to finish, but the levels almost feel like samplers. It could even do with an endless mode post credits to give the combat a bit of room to flex.
  • Pretty much all the way through I was hoping for some sort of challenge mode that unlocks after the end. They clearly wanted to make a big deal of the trippy storytelling stuff, which is actually quite good, but there's too much of it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Goddamit the reflexes are not as good as they were, struggling through Cuphead. Into the second run and gun section, having found the plane boss ridiculous.
  • When you can afford a dash move that comes with a split second of invincibility (which is purchasable pretty early on iirc) buy it and never look back.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Spoiler:
    All the chapters for 4 characters. The others all have chapter 1 done, but nothing beyond that.
    Spoiler:

Don't worry about the spoiler thing... I was just being a dick (slightly).

I've been taking a different approach, and going through all the stories systematically...
    Like, using character levels to determine which of the stories I take on next...

It's a slog... But I like it.

It's kept Dark Souls in cellophane for almost 4+ months now.

Looking forward to opening that eventually.

I've never played any of the Souls games...
  • Oh you’re in for a treat with Dark Souls
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Oh yes you are!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I'M BEHIND YOU!
  • Oh no he isn’t?!
  • I can’t imagine going into the shit second half of Dark Souls with the weight of expectation of nearly a decade behind you.
  • Oh it’s not that bad.
  • Play Bloodborne instead. Or Demon’s.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • It’s rotten

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!