Nintendo Switch
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I had more issues with the haunted house than the ship, which I don’t recall being much of a problem.
    The stage with mirrors? May have got lucky with that one. The stage I'm thinking of seemed to require a complete change of tactics - I struggled for a while before focusing on breaking the opponent's racquet.
    Yeah, the mirrors, it took me a while to see the patterns and work out what was going on.

Anyway, I came to cross-post from the deals thread:
    regmcfly wrote:

Cheers. I bought 3, for £77.97. I then bought two of the Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers (£84) and still have £6 credit left.

That’s essentially brought the price of each voucher down to £36 each, which is a much more palatable price for a new Nintendo game.
  • Just got an email saying Disgaea 5 Complete is £16.49, is it any good ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ask @elmlea
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Just got an email saying Disgaea 5 Complete is £16.49, is it any good ?

I like it. I've probably done about 20 hours, so really only scratched the surface. If you like any others in the series it's basically more of the same.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Well I “think” Captain Toad Tracker free trial is go !!!
  • Unless it’s not worked or not available , I couldn’t play it. Hopefully try again tomorrow. Google translate using your phone camera is great now as opposed to taking screenshots
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Well I “think” Captain Toad Tracker free trial is go !!!

It certainly is now ! Looking forward to trying this one out.
  • Yeah me too, downloaded it last night.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Just got an email saying Disgaea 5 Complete is £16.49, is it any good ?

What I played of it, I really enjoyed. If you like Final Fantasy Tactics, or Tactics Ogre - you’ll like Disgaea. The port is excellent too.
  • I enjoyed it. I gave up after a while because I get frustrated with stat heavy tactical decisions but if you like that sort of thing it’s great
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Don’t have time at the moment though but that price is great really. Got till Thursday to decide though - cheers all.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Yeah me too, downloaded it last night.

I’m out, played 5 levels fully completed them. I think I’m gonna buy it now as I don’t want to ruin it by rushing it.

For the folks who have Captain Toad, what is playable via co-op?
  • Everything I think, don't quote me on that though. It was added quite recently. Most of the stages don't really benefit from co-op other than it being a pleasant option, but there are some specifically designed two player stages in the dlc.

Edit: Or maybe specific challenges added to existing levels, can't remember off hand.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    The Daddy wrote:

I’m out, played 5 levels fully completed them. I think I’m gonna buy it now as I don’t want to ruin it by rushing it.

Hmm, I don’t seem to be able to play it. How did you get it to work?
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    The Daddy wrote:

Hmm, I don’t seem to be able to play it. How did you get it to work?

You sign in via your Japanese account? I also signed up to the online week trial on their store as well, maybe that’s why.

• Ah I’ll probably need to do the free trial. Will try tomorrow.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Grandia HD Collection is out 16 August in America and thus presumably here? Although pre-release murmurings have been fairly bad.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I’ve had Mechstermination Force on my wish list since before it launched in April, I bought it on sale last week, and I’ve been playing it yesterday and today.

I’m absolutely loving it. Each level is a boss battle, each boss is a Colossus, but with multiple points to be attacked, sometimes in specific order. There are patterns to learn for each stage and, given that the apparently defeated sections can sometimes fight on even after you’ve blown them apart, your never sure a fight’s over until you see your score.

It doesn’t look like it’s long, I think there will be 12 or 13 mechs to defeat, there’s the opportunity to go back with your better weapons and abilities to time-attack the ones you’ve previously beaten. (That also lets you grind for extra coins if you need to buy more health slots, or fancier guns, but I’ve been managing with what you get so far, and I’m shit.)
  • That does look pretty good.
  • Not heard of it but it sounds right up my alley, will check out a trailer in a bit.
  • Looks ace
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • I’m playing switch purely in portable mode at the moment and by fuck is it uncomfortable. Have to stop every ten minutes to get rid of the pins and needles in my hands. Think it’s the lack of grips tbh.
  • Just bought it, brilliant candy floss gaming 
    Andy wrote:
    I’ve had Mechstermination Force on my wish list since before it launched in April, I bought it on sale last week, and I’ve been playing it yesterday and today. I’m absolutely loving it. Each level is a boss battle, each boss is a Colossus, but with multiple points to be attacked, sometimes in specific order. There are patterns to learn for each stage and, given that the apparently defeated sections can sometimes fight on even after you’ve blown them apart, your never sure a fight’s over until you see your score. It doesn’t look like it’s long, I think there will be 12 or 13 mechs to defeat, there’s the opportunity to go back with your better weapons and abilities to time-attack the ones you’ve previously beaten. (That also lets you grind for extra coins if you need to buy more health slots, or fancier guns, but I’ve been managing with what you get so far, and I’m shit.)

• I’m playing switch purely in portable mode at the moment and by fuck is it uncomfortable. Have to stop every ten minutes to get rid of the pins and needles in my hands. Think it’s the lack of grips tbh.

It's because you’re sitting with your hands above your heart. I get the same thing. Adjust your position and you’ll be able to play in comfort.
  • Andy wrote:
    I’m playing switch purely in portable mode at the moment and by fuck is it uncomfortable. Have to stop every ten minutes to get rid of the pins and needles in my hands. Think it’s the lack of grips tbh.

It's because you’re sitting with your hands above your heart. I get the same thing. Adjust your position and you’ll be able to play in comfort.

I am indeed! Never dawned on me. I’ve been playing decking on a sun lounger or on the bed. Makes sense. Cheers Andy.

• Andy knocking it out the park today - from hot game tips to posture suggestion, boy is on fire

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    GALARIAN ZIGZAGOON
  • Wheezing is a tory now.

I suppose he probably was all along...
  • I do like the new weezing.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Looks like Daemon X Machina fancy pre-ordered have come along to bankrupt everyone (if they weren't already up before??)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!