Nintendo Switch
  • Andy wrote:

Holy crap it’s John Vignocci! He’s doing these now? That’s the best direct surprise ever, surely.

• Exit the Gungeon is fun. It’s an Apple Arcade game so has auto aim on the ipad and it’s more about moving on the touch screen. I’m guessing it’ll be full control for switch though which should make it more satisfying.
  • Way of the Passive Fist is fun. I'm up to stage 5 of 10. It's a bit samey, and surprisingly difficult, but the rhythm parry thing is well execited. Thanks for the heads up @Andy.
  • Finished Untitled Goose Game (but not the extra parts) and i'm moving on to links awakening. Strong chance i'll finish that before Animal Crossing. 

This could be a great time to crack on through my pile o shame
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Thanks for the heads up @Andy.
    Welcome.

I’m back to complain about Dr. Fucking Kawashima’s Cunting Brain Training.

I keep telling myself that it’s the practice and not the scores that count, but it’s fucking annoying when it fucks up your score for no reason.

I’m a boss at Head Count. That’s the one where it shows you a number of people, drops a house over them, and shows you people entering and exiting, and you have to say how many are in there. Given that the answer is always 0-9, just give me a numeric keypad. Last night it read my 8 as a 5. Today, it read my 5 as an 8. Neither looked anything like the number it picked. Ruined my perfect score for that game, both days.

Also, Word Scramble. It shows you a jumbled word, the letters moving in a circle. Firstly, I don’t think they realise how hard it can be to spot the words in there. But the main issue is that the letter recognition is awful. Why not let me just tap the letters in order? Having to write each one, and correct its awful errors, makes the game last three times longer than it needs to be.
  • With Brain Training on DS I had to change the way I write the number 9 for it to recognise it consistently. And it's stuck ever since - I still write my 9s the Brain Training way. An example of how games can change your life, folks.
  • It’s possibly retraining how I indicate 3 with my fingers, a-la Inglorious Basterds.
  • Brain training was a perfect fit for
    DS and of its time and really should have been left in the past
    The Forum Herald™
  • Andy wrote:
    Last night it read my 8 as a 5. Today, it read my 5 as an 8.

Aaand today it read my 7 as a 2.
  • To be fair they do look similar.. as does 5 and 8.
    The Forum Herald™
  • about two hours into links awakening. I never finished it on the GB, I think i got to about where I am now or just before (the castle). I'm enjoying it but it's definitely not my favourite and I preferred a link between worlds more than this. As i've only got two instruments I imagine there's a fair bit to go though so maybe being a bit judgemental too early. 

Tomorrow's the big day so need to plough on or it'll get left on the shelf at a bit I've then forgotten. 

Still chuckling over the goose game and finishing it yesterday. It's a masterpiece. Roll on Sludge Life
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • A Link Between Worlds gets too much stick for being too easy. Links Awakening is an absolute doddle too*

*On Switch anyway. Obtuse wayfinding aside.
  • I like to think of link between worlds as a failed experiment necessary for Breath of the Wild.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I'd forgotten how Quake-like Doom 64 is.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Oh yea! It's Doom64 day too
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I've been counting the minutes.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My pair of bed controllers for the VC equivalent arrived yesterday, and fuck, they are the exact shape and weight. I played through some gradius and castlevania and they felt perfect. I guess I need to order a SNES one now.
  • not that its the highest of priorities but limited run games have switch/ps4 copies of Streets of Rage 4 on open order now.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Bed controllers?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    In other news, there was 8 people on my friends list last night, all of them playing Animal Crossing. I was the only one rocking Doom 64. Just before I was about to call it quits for the night, Afgav jumps on... playing Doom 64.

My man.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Bed controllers are NES controllers. Stupid reg.
  • I've... Never bought Doom 64..

Hmmm.
  • I've... Never bought Doom 64..

Hmmm.

Lol

Conspiracy theories on a post card to the usual address

The Forum Herald™
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    In other news, there was 8 people on my friends list last night, all of them playing Animal Crossing. I was the only one rocking Doom 64. Just before I was about to call it quits for the night, Afgav jumps on... playing Doom 64.

My man.

Do we have each other as friends on there? Because I was playing briefly before bed
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Added my wife and I to the friend list in the OP.
  • I was playing Doom 64 last night too, after AC.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    I was playing Doom 64 last night too, after AC.

Feels like such an odd pair to play as a double bill
  • Having come off the back of Dragon Quest XI and Fire Emblem, I’m looking for some dip in and dip out games
  • Weirdness: kids are playing FIFA2018 on Switch. In a friendly between France and Germany the commentator just said that Greizman would love to score a goal on his birthday. I thought I’d check and it is his birthday today. I had no idea that level of incidental detail was in this game.
  • That’s pretty cool.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!