Nintendo Switch
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Pricing chat again though, it winds people up so I'll wind it in.
    For sure and ultimately we’ll vote with our wallets

But I will say that in particular the Nintendo store launching high and then reducing just after I’ve bought has burnt my fingers too many times
    The Forum Herald™
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    It's the usual tale. I'm super excited for Panzer Dragoon, but that launch price... Ouch. Doom 64 is £4, ffs.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Doom 64 has been given 'a bit of a spruce up', whereas Panzer is a complete visual overhaul.  There's a lot more work involved in the latter surely, but £22.49 is a fookin' silly price nonetheless; from title screen to credits that's about 40p a minute, which is 0898 505050 territory.  As a fan I wouldn't have hesitated at £12.99.
  • Panzer dragoon is also a risky game to make. It’s a game that was on Saturn (and PC yes) that’s not had a new iteration in ages. They’ve reworked a whole bunch too. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to leverage from fans of a thing from day one if it’s necessary to make the next one. If you’ve been really wanting to play panzer dragoon again i doubt you’d quibble over an extra £10 or so.
  • If you’ve been really wanting to play panzer dragoon again i doubt you’d quibble over an extra £10 or so.

Me & Gav say hello.
  • How many people have been really wanting to though?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Pricing chat again though, it winds people up so I'll wind it in.

It's a delicate debate.

In your previous post you mentioned Ikaruga, which is more of a port.

Panzer is a remake. Don't get me wrong, compared to Resi 2/3 it's a budget remake, but a remake none the less.

It's the wrong side of £20 for me, I'll wait for a sale.

I get the concern of not voting with your wallet if your a fan though.

If Wave Race 64 had a similar remake of be all over it for example.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • In your previous post you mentioned Ikaruga, which is more of a port.

I meant that as a price comparison to the Resident Evil rereleases on EShop - one of which is a port of a remake, heh.  They're something like £30 outside a sale.
  • It is a bit of a mess, but I think you just gotta go with your gut.

It'll be interesting to see if it charts in the eshop top 10 next week.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Do we have a Becky in the house ??
    The Forum Herald™
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Me and ere are shitlords and just grabbed the £90 Xenoblade vinyl bad boy. I think it's sold out now.

I hate myself also the baby will sleep on the vinyl as there's no more space
  • Every time they make xenoblade 1 again it makes me mad how much they’re ignoring xenoblade x.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It's OK, I'm sure we'll able to double-dip Xenoblade Chronicles X for £90 some day.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    That music in the main city tho. 2 3 4! No.
  • Saints Row IV rocks
    The Forum Herald™
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Me and ere are shitlords and just grabbed the £90 Xenoblade vinyl bad boy. I think it's sold out now. I hate myself also the baby will sleep on the vinyl as there's no more space

Do you have a record player?

I got the CEs for XB on Wii, XCX on Wii U and Xenoblade 2, but might miss this one. Just the game for me.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I'll buy the digital version as well, so I won't have to open it. That way I'll save a few quid because I won't have to buy a record player.
  • Bravely Default 2 demo is lovely like putting on a new pair of super comfy woolly slippers in winter.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vela wrote:
    Bravely Default 2 demo is lovely like putting on a new pair of super comfy woolly slippers in winter.

Oooh, will check it out. The first one annoyed me as much as it entertained me, but there was deffo a lot to like about it.
  • I would say its quite similar in tone, menu, battle flow and character archetypes on early days. The music and visuals are immediately familiar and really pleasant to the senses.

The difficulty is a bit higher than BD1 too, but the demo warns you about this. Got wiped out by about the fifth pack of wolves.

Enemy animations are great too.
  • Birdorf wrote:
    I'll buy the digital version as well, so I won't have to open it. That way I'll save a few quid because I won't have to buy a record player.

Quality post.
  • Daughter has decided she wants to be Link in Smash Bros instead of Link in BotW this morning. It's genuinely one of my least favourite gameplay experiences of all time, I hate pretty much every aspect of the character control. We only needed three more hearts for the master sword. SULK.
  • I need some basic tips please. I can't even stand watching it as every time she falls off the edge it takes away a chunk of my lifeforce.
  • Tip 1: Don't fall off the edge.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Me and ere are shitlords and just grabbed the £90 Xenoblade vinyl bad boy. I think it's sold out now. I hate myself also the baby will sleep on the vinyl as there's no more space

Do you have a record player?

I got the CEs for XB on Wii, XCX on Wii U and Xenoblade 2, but might miss this one. Just the game for me.

I do indeed and have a decent collection of vinyl, including some game soundtracks. SoR on vinyl my days.
  • Can't fault that.
  • JonB wrote:
    Tip 1: Don't fall off the edge.

If I could get the hang of tip 1 I doubt I'd hate it quite so much.
  • I'm online now btw, finally scratched off the Mario Maker code. Idiotic of me not to do it sooner tbh, it seems to back up the majority of indie game saves too. For some reason I thought it was hugely selective with what it allowed you to back up in the cloud.

Up for Rocket League and Mario Kart shenanigans at some point if anyone fancies it.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'm online now btw, finally scratched off the Mario Maker code. Idiotic of me not to do it sooner tbh, it seems to back up the majority of indie game saves too. For some reason I thought it was hugely selective with what it allowed you to back up in the cloud.

Up for Rocket League and Mario Kart shenanigans at some point if anyone fancies it.

I did suggest some mk8

The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!