Nintendo Switch
  • regmcfly wrote:
    That would be the third time I've done that, yes. Also Olli Olli 1&2 is £4. Those were games I adored on the Vita. A proper chill side on skateboarding game.
    I have Olli Olli on the switch (and vita) well worth double dipping for the controls / screen update.
    Fucking love that game.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Runner 3 is £1.40. rude not to. I'll be having Hotline Miami and The Touryst too then. Witcher 3 is also staring me down.
    I refuse to spend £11 on the hotline miami package as I feel like I am paying £5.50 on the utter shite which is the second game.

• Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'm having Pang Adventures.

I'm not having Pang Adventures. I got it mixed up with Bug Butcher.
  • I’m thinking De Blob, Grip, Mortal Kombat 11, Contra collection and Katamri for under 50 quid is pretty good deal?
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Although everyone says Divinity: Original Sin II is the bee’s knees so maybe that for 30 quid?
  • Or maybe wait until they release Mario All Stars 2 for 20 quid next week?

HA HA HA
  • Although everyone says Divinity: Original Sin II is the bee’s knees so maybe that for 30 quid?
    Divinity original sin 2 is a 10, DO IT!

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Runner 3 is £1.40. rude not to. I'll be having Hotline Miami and The Touryst too then. Witcher 3 is also staring me down.
    I refuse to spend £11 on the hotline miami package as I feel like I am paying £5.50 on the utter shite which is the second game.

I'm going to pay £11 for Hotline Miami, a top 5 of all time, on Switch. Wish they'd make a sequel one day.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    When I press down on the dpad on a menu, it often jumps down a couple of extra options, moving after I let go. Is that this drift problem?

Somebody that's not Bob answer this please.
  • It’s not drift dude by the sounds of it but hey I’m
    Sure someone else will
    Answer
    The Forum Herald™
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Don't forget that the 3DS also has a sale on, with some meaty top-tier RPGs down to as little as £4.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"

Hmm, was about to get the other lot of games for about the same price but I always end up playing such games for 5 minutes whereas true 10s hook you in for ever. Charlie my friend, I think I’m going in on Divinity and the results will be on you.

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    When I press down on the dpad on a menu, it often jumps down a couple of extra options, moving after I let go. Is that this drift problem?
    Somebody that's not Bob answer this please.
    Joycons or propad?

I know on the propad the contact points for the dpad are too close together, so it often registers more than you're inputting. I have that issue less with the joycons.
  • Propad does the same for me Nina
    The Forum Herald™
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    yeah it's worse on propad for me too.

I know you could open it up, tape off the edges of the contact points to make them smaller, and then put everything together again.
  • But the sticks are so much sweeter
    The Forum Herald™
  • I've noticed the eshop has been running like treacle recently on my switch. Mega input delay. Maybe it's that Kow?
  • Why would it be Kow’s fault?!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    He means a different Kow.

I thought it might be just a laggy eshop alright yeah.
  • I find it performs better if I close the game I'm playing. Given its been Animal Crossing non stop maybe it's "living world" aspect demands more internets, thus making it lag like fuck.

/science
  • regmcfly wrote:
    That would be the third time I've done that, yes. Also Olli Olli 1&2 is £4. Those were games I adored on the Vita. A proper chill side on skateboarding game.

Your fingers must be quicker than mine if you call Olli Olli chill :P

I'll be on Touryst too.
  • regmcfly wrote:

What was wrong with the second one? It never got released here due to the sexual violence stuff in it. Although, I do have it on a US account, I just haven't taken the time to play it... Don't dob me in to the feds!
  • It's not awful. As a standalone game it'd be decent enough imo. It's Jaws 2.
    Hmm, was about to get the other lot of games for about the same price but I always end up playing such games for 5 minutes whereas true 10s hook you in for ever. Charlie my friend, I think I’m going in on Divinity and the results will be on you.
    Good man - it’s a masterpiece

• Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It's not awful. As a standalone game it'd be decent enough imo. It's Jaws 2.
    Nah it’s pish, getting shot at from enemies you can’t even see on the screen

• Those getting it should all enjoy a pleasant few hours with The Touryst.  It’s a good little game.
  • It's comparatively sloppy with less scope for improvisation and more of a need to faff around with the look button/exploit AI, but I enjoyed it. Took me ages to settle on Jaws 2 for the comparison this morning, had no recollection of doing so before, but here's me from 2018:
    After the initial disappointment of a noticeable drop-off in quality from the first game I managed to suck it up and settle in.  The core game is still superb, but the attempt to polish it took the shine off and nothing stuck when they tried to roll it in glitter.  In particular, the dual character section is laughably poor.  It's still addictive AS HELL, it still sounds absolutely banging - even moreso than the hugely banging original - and the majority of the game still works very, very well.  Level design is weaker overall, which coupled with the other missteps does bring it all the way down to a [7], but after putting it off for ages (and unistalling it twice) I'm now glad I played it.  Not a patch on he first but pretty good in its own right.  In film terms, it's bobbing around the Jaws 2 mark.

Like Herbie Robinson.  I need to wobble my head for the sounds more banging than the original comment though.
  • Tempted with Fight 'N Rage in the sale.  It's not a huge discount (still over a tenner) but I've had an urge to play throwback scrolling beat 'em ups since Way of the Passive Fist.  Don't want to ruin my dinner though (Streets of Rage 4).  Decisions.  

I spotted Wulverblade in the sale too.  If you like that sort of thing it's very good.  Well worth snaffling at anything close to 50% off. @JonB.
  • I've heard good things about Golf Story

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!