Nintendo Switch
  • Cheers, but I'm not really one for bargain hunting if shaving a few quid off gives me a week of worrying whether it'll turn up. Stuff like this must be legit now and then but I like a household name when it comes to buying electronics. Amazon is the only website I've added card details to since play.com.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Ordered Ring Fit for the kids. I may have a go too and see what the fuss is about.

How old are your kids now? I'm curious to think what children think of it because, for me, it's a genuine workout and one that I sometimes put off because I'm feeling lazy. There's a story and such but it's pretty bare bones so not really enough drive to see what happens next but still a clever way to frame it so you feel like you're doing new stuff each time you exercise.

My point being, I think you'll get more out of it than your kids.
  • O Really?

They’re 10 and 7. If I can get the lazy 10yo to do it, would be great. If I get something out of it, even better!

Will report back once it arrives and we have tried it out. Not in stock for another few days yet.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Going to plunge. Wifey is getting her teeth done and is looking at laser eyes, so to salve her (baffling) guilt she doesn't mind yet another console appearing.

Mario Kart 8Dx is a no brainer. I presume a 2nd set of joycons as well. I am right in assuming no Wii controllers will work with it?

A pro will be bought for shmups and the likes of Tetris v Puyo at some point - the console and 2 extra joycons is £360 with a game tipping me over the £400 mark - so the pro can wait.

A second game is what I'd be interested in - physical-wise. Something for local 4 way play if possible. Any suggestions?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Imo you’re better off with the joycon for tetris. The dpad is a travesty on the pro controller.
  • Doesn't fit the brief but Star Wars Pinball might be a bit of you. I got the cart for £12.99. Tate mode too, 60fps docked or undocked.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Imo you’re better off with the joycon for tetris. The dpad is a travesty on the pro controller.

Actually what you want is the Hori for Tetris. Absolute treat. And yes, your wiimotes are invalid.

Also i bought star wars pinball and its rather good for £10
  • Another warning about the Pro here. Do not buy expecting a high standard controller for those games that really need it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Thanks for the pro warning.

The Wii classic and classic pro controllers are excellent. What a pity.

Star Wars pinball sounds the business. Thinking I might be better getting a PS4 for the shmups are doing a bit of reading.

This will be a family gaming thing. Mario Party is probably a shout as will any 1st party compilation jobs.
  • Tetris v Puyo is excellent!

You ever play Towerfall? It's an excellent 2d single screen archery battle arcade game. Can do 4 player.

There's always smash Bros too.
  • Snipper Clips might be up your street.

There's also plenty of retro shmups and retro collections on the eshop, not the first thing that comes to mind for a new console but I know your a fan.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Captain Toad
    Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
    Mario Odyssey
    New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
    Mario Maker 2

Goes against your inner instinct but Breath of the Wild might be worth a go. You've been away for that type of game for so long it might be a breath of fresh air.

There's many more Wii U and indie games you'd like, moot might be best to help there.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Blazing Chrome
    Bloodstained Circle of the Moon

Get those asap!
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    A Badger Mario Kart session is well overdue.
  • How about Friday evening?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Get ARMS.

Ignore everyone else.
  • Animal crossing
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Into the Breach
    Hollow Knight
    Slay the Spire
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Imagine using a Switch for the first time. The absolute pleasure.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    How about Friday evening?

Working. Would be available the next one.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Imagine using a Switch for the first time. The absolute pleasure.

That moment while the joycons still work, and no money has been wasted on a pro controller.

:-)
  • I love my Pro controller. Don't use dpad much but it is pants.

Crosscode is GoTY already for me. I can't believe how good it's getting. It's fantastic.
  • Large dump of indie stuff for Davy.  I'll put it in a big spoiler as it'll look silly otherwise.  Most of this is available elsewhere too, so this is more of a 'current gen things you might like in general' thing, but all of the following are available on Switch.    
    Spoiler:
  • Right, I don't know what I'm doing so apologies for the dump but I can't seem to get that lot to sit behind a spoiler tag.
    Spoiler:
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Cheers all!

:)
  • "Kind of" in stock:

[font=HelveticaNeue,Arial,sans-serif]Stock due to dispatch from Friday 14th August. One per household.[/font]

x
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Into the Breach Hollow Knight Slay the Spire
    Correct
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!