adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    They genuinely might have been planning that before they delayed it (if the rumours are true).

I think they’re actually doing a decent job with the release calendar this year given it’s supposed to be a wind-down year. If they manage a big AAA release like Metroid Prime 4 or something previously unannounced it’ll be a perfectly cromulent year despite people suggesting software would dry up after TotK.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Prime 4 on Switch would be a shame at this stage. Strikes me as the sort of Nintendo game that would benefit most from a spec boost - looking like a good PS4 game rather than being surprisingly impressive for a Switch game would make a massive difference for a FPS.

I know it was promised as a Switch game so some folks would explode with rage (would be genuinely annoying for many I'm sure), but would a system shift piss many people off on here?
  • I'd guess at it being a cross-gen release at this point, to launch with the new machine.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The N64 and Mega Drive Switch controllers are back in stock at the moment if anyone was looking for those.
  • Happy MAR10 day for at least 3 more minutes
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    The N64 and Mega Drive Switch controllers are back in stock at the moment if anyone was looking for those.

Nice one
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I would think Prime 4 will be a cross gen release now, worked for Twilight Princess and Breath of the Wild.

Can't see it being a Switch exclusive now, and would only be exclusive to the new hardware if it pushes the Switch to much.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • If the Switch 2 does bring things up to PS4 level (or PS4 Pro, as per some rumours) it'd be a more substantial hardware jump than those though (GC to Wii = minimal, WIi U to Switch = marginal).  I'm not a tech-head but getting the balance right for something like that would be a massive headache for the devs I would've thought?  On the one hand they'll want it to run well on Switch, but they'd also want an early first party Switch 2 release to get people swooning in a way that a shinier Switch game wouldn't, to entice people into an upgrade.  It'd be trickier than getting something to run on Xbox One and Xbox Series X, or having God of War: Ragnarok running at 1080/30fps on PS4 and 4K/60fps on PS5, for example /'I reckon', because the OG Switch is so far behind any of those base levels.   

They've got quite a big decision on their hands imo because Metroid isn't a hotcakes game in terms of sales (Dread did pretty well though I believe?), but it's also one of the franchises that people seem to make the most noise about online.
  • Surely it’s the next 3D Mario, Mario Kart and Metroid for the early big hitters for Switch 2. Replicating the Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart triple header for original Switch. I wouldn’t be surprised if the finalisation of those is dictating the release date of the console itself.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • 3D Metroid goes for a more 'realistic' look than most of Nintendo's games (I'm after a more fitting word than realistic here but I can't think of one offhand and I really should do some work this morning).  Take two of the best looking previous gen games as an example, let's say Forza Horizon 4 and The Last of Us 2.  Have them both running on base hardware, Xbox One and PS4 respectively.  What chance would the Switch have of running either of those, even in a heavily hobbled form?  Pretty much none I'd say.
  • Agree, I don’t think any of the Switch 2 heavy hitter launch titles will be backwards compatible. Switch 1 already has a huge library there is less need now versus when it first came out. It’s more about the Switch 2 being backwards compatible with the Switch 1 library.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Agree, I don’t think any of the Switch 2 heavy hitter launch titles will be backwards compatible. Switch 1 already has a huge library there is less need now versus when it first came out. It’s more about the Switch 2 being backwards compatible with the Switch 1 library.

Possibly not if Pokemon Legends Z-A ends up launching with the Switch 2 but I don’t think the previously unannounced big hitters will be cross-gen. Bowser’s Fury seemed like a prototype for Switch 2’s 3D Mario and barely ran on the original hardware.
  • Prime 4 Switch 2 exclusive, but if existing Switch owners who migrate their account can prove they own Dread and Prime Remastered they'll get 15% off P4. 

nIWvaCY.gif
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:

Nice one

Of course the one I want is the SNES.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The second Princess Peach game has hit the warehouse.

7b51kw.png
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Christ

• I now have to decide whether the value of my Switch collection is going to go up (because it’s authentic and not dumped), or plummet (because this changes everything).
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    You might find this Twitter thread interesting: https://x.com/hexkyz/status/1750631204058222900?s=46
  • Hard to yarr (and my personal limit on that isn't to do it for supported consoles anyways) so not for me.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    You might find this Twitter thread interesting: https://x.com/hexkyz/status/1750631204058222900?s=46

Cheers. Interesting read, but there’s not a lot there I haven’t seen or heard before. I think the real issue for owners and collectors is you could buy a secondhand game in the future, pop it in your console and have the device banned by Nintendo completely unknowingly, if that game has been cloned in the past and the unique certificate on the cart is in use by someone. It’s likely the person cloning the cart doesn’t care too much (I have a banned unpatched Switch and don’t care how it’s used, for example), but you understandably do care. It’s going to turn the secondhand market into a minefield.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    YOU CAN BUY DIFFERENT DRESS PATTERNS FOR PEACH!!
  • Can you buy a patch to stabilise the framerate?
  • OTXO and Pepper Grinder out this week.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I finally managed to 100% the baking level from the demo.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    I finally managed to 100% the baking level from the demo.

All hail our new overlord
  • Tilly earned enough Brownie points for a game so it's Showtime tonight.
  • 5 minutes into Peach. A one-off-the-wrist PS2 level CGI intro followed by a game with jump sound effects on par with the sampled speech in the MD version of Streetfighter II, then a text only exchange with two characters 'mmm-hmmm' and 'aha'ing at each other while their mouths move along to the dialogue and the framerate splutters. Trying not to be down on it because Tilly is hyped, but the disparity between a full effort Nintendo game and a minimal effort one is gargantuan.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The jump sound effect is actually slightly improved from the demo.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!