Nintendo Switch
  • Avoid the Switch port of the OG Goat Simulator, even if it beckons you at 85% off. It's an absolute mess.
  • Heave Ho above all else.
  • Listo time.  Most of these are available elsewhere but some aren't.  

If you're looking for co-op/mp fun:

Heave-Ho is one of the best local mp games ever made.  
    Phogs! (can't vouch for the Switch version as we played on Game Pass)
    It Takes Two (same as above - can't see this running too well on Switch tbh but stranger things have happened)
    The Stretchers 
    Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
    Swords of Ditto (easy mode - default rogue settings are poor)
    Nobody Saves the World (took a while to get into but Tilly loved it in the end)
    Spiritfarer
    Unravel Two
    Knights & Bikes
    Chicory

If you're after solo stuff suitable for younger players (that also work as pass-the-pad goodness - I enjoyed helping out all of these):

Alba, A Short Hike, Lil' Gator Game, Toem, Wandersong, Jenny LeClue Detectivu (trust me), What the Golf (also has a great vs mode), Super Lucky's Tail (surprisingly solid 3D platformer), Hidden Folks, Donut County, Untitled Goose Game (this does have a co-op mode now but we found it annoying), A Night in the Woods (technically not suitable for young'uns).  

Lesser-known top tier indies to treat yourself to:

MO: Astray, A Monster's Expedition, Just Shapes & Beats (also co-op, also a Tilly fave), The End Is Nigh, Demon's Tilt (pinball ergo Marmite), Welcome to Elk, Assault Android Cactus, Valfaris, Haiku the Robot, Huntdown, Return of the Obra Dinn, Lonely Mountains Downhill, Sanabi, Infernax, Flynn: Son of Crimson, The Excavation of Hobb's Barrow, Mundaun.

Super cheap bangers that are often <£3: Rive (YMMV), Not a Hero, Steamworld Digs/Heist, Downwell, Gris, Ruiner, Mother Russia Bleeds, Switch' n Shoot, Akane, Supermarket Shriek, Ape Out, OlliOlli Switch Stance. 

Tilly is adamant that Knights & Bikes is her favourite game on the list but it definitely isn't.  She did like it though (and then read the books).
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition has been rated by the ESRB.
    This is a collection of 2D challenges and platformer games in which players traverse through various modes (e.g., speedrun, survival). Several challenges involve reaching specific points, while others prompt players to defeat small enemies or survive brief battles. Some games depict pixelated characters using small swords or arrows to strike at enemies; enemies typically get stunned or disappear in a flash.

Developed by Indieszero, co-developer of NES Remix.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Listo time.  Most of these are available elsewhere but some aren't.   If you're looking for co-op/mp fun: Heave-Ho is one of the best local mp games ever made.   Phogs! (can't vouch for the Switch version as we played on Game Pass) It Takes Two (same as above - can't see this running too well on Switch tbh but stranger things have happened) The Stretchers  Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Swords of Ditto (easy mode - default rogue settings are poor) Nobody Saves the World (took a while to get into but Tilly loved it in the end) Spiritfarer Unravel Two Knights & Bikes Chicory If you're after solo stuff suitable for younger players (that also work as pass-the-pad goodness - I enjoyed helping out all of these): Alba, A Short Hike, Lil' Gator Game, Toem, Wandersong, Jenny LeClue Detectivu (trust me), What the Golf (also has a great vs mode), Super Lucky's Tail (surprisingly solid 3D platformer), Hidden Folks, Donut County, Untitled Goose Game (this does have a co-op mode now but we found it annoying), A Night in the Woods (technically not suitable for young'uns).   Lesser-known top tier indies to treat yourself to: MO: Astray, A Monster's Expedition, Just Shapes & Beats (also co-op, also a Tilly fave), The End Is Nigh, Demon's Tilt (pinball ergo Marmite), Welcome to Elk, Assault Android Cactus, Valfaris, Haiku the Robot, Huntdown, Return of the Obra Dinn, Lonely Mountains Downhill, Sanabi, Infernax, Flynn: Son of Crimson, The Excavation of Hobb's Barrow, Mundaun. Super cheap bangers that are often <£3: Rive (YMMV), Not a Hero, Steamworld Digs/Heist, Downwell, Gris, Ruiner, Mother Russia Bleeds, Switch' n Shoot, Akane, Supermarket Shriek, Ape Out, OlliOlli Switch Stance. 
    Tilly is adamant that Knights & Bikes is her favourite game on the list but it definitely isn't.  She did like it though (and then read the books).

Fab, thanks to you and Tilly both.
  • Have picked up where I left off on Triangle Strategy and it was surprisingly easy to get back into after over a year of not playing it. Really love all the different characters, their upgrade paths and unique abilities, the battle maps are gorgeous with lots of varying terrain to try and take advantage of. It's all voice acted which is a rarity for the switch. Also the music is great.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush (title of the Kirby game originally released on Wii U) and Fullblox (title of the Pullblox sequel originally released on Nintendo 3DS) have received trademark applications in Australia that are apparently ‘not simple renewals’.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Those pullblox games are ace, would happily take another one
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yes to both of them. The WiiU Kirby one is class but sadly because you have to stare at the gamepad 100% of the time the actual stunning graphics on the tellie don't get the love they should.
  • Did I lend anyone Kirby & the Forgotten Land? I know I lent it to Gav but I'm pretty sure he sent it back. #Forgotten.
  • Anybody want to buy my spare copy of tears of the kingdom ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • I have no recollection of buying the last 5 indies installed on my Switch. WEIRD.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Unconvincing
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Anybody want to buy my spare copy of tears of the kingdom ?

How much?
  • £40? Still seems to be over £50+ on Amazon
    The Forum Herald™
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Too rich for me. I’ll pass.
  • Don’t want to undercut Bob but will, I have a copy which I bought abroad so can’t trade it in.  Will post it out for a borrow if you want it Boris?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Undercut accepted Charlie. Thanks mate! Will PM you.
  • Undercut > cyber razor cut
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Sad face
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    A Level in business studies, lol
  • Could be worse. Could’ve been some joke course like media/film studies.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yea, like I have and have literally never used
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I did A-level Media and ended up working with various newspapers/high profile magazines (including The Financial Times, The Economist, Bloomberg Businessweek and Potato Review).
  • I did media studies for a year at college, didn't use it all but it was very interesting
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm sitting marking student films rn for the fifth day straight is this some kind of sick joke.
  • I did English literature with film studies and creative writing, my big break was getting a minimum wage game tester job where I included my monkey target high score on the application.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!