Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I almost gave Nintendo the nod as a proviso. Yeah, Nintendo.
  • Bob wrote:
    My switch has stopped connecting to the internet ... nothing has changed regards the router but it says something about DNS. Just like Xbox days of old Any ideas?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Blow into the dock.
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    My switch has stopped connecting to the internet ... nothing has changed regards the router but it says something about DNS. Just like Xbox days of old Any ideas?
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Yeah tried turning the router on and off again. No difference.
    Bob wrote:
    A quick Google of the error code suggests it's because I've always left it in sleep. Restarted it and boom straight online. Cheers for that shit Nintendo. Thanks google.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm loving the system and the potential is there but there's some updates required to the system for sure.

Even simple things like the eShop, I know memories can be manipulated but I swear the Wii U eShop was never this archaic.

After reading of the positive sales of the Neo Geo games on there I thought I'd have a browse to see what was available.

There's still no organisation to it at all, no break down of genres etc. I had to resort to Wikipedia to see a nice list of the Neo Geo titles.

Thing is if I was looking on the eShop my thumb might have clicked purchase when hovering over Shock Troopers, as it was I just though, 'hmm nice', whilst seeing it on Wikipedia.

I know it's still early days but it's something that needs to be improved asap now.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I suspect original first party software is nintys priority atm. E3 may see a VC announcement, free games for paid online etc, that will in turn tidy up the eshop?
    PSN - minkymu
  • There's still no organisation to it at all, no break down of genres etc. I had to resort to Wikipedia to see a nice list of the Neo Geo titles.

Thing is if I was looking on the eShop my thumb might have clicked purchase when hovering over Shock Troopers, as it was I just though, 'hmm nice', whilst seeing it on Wikipedia.

I know it's still early days but it's something that needs to be improved asap now.

Updates to the eShop will be needed in time, but when the total number of titles is still smaller than you'd find in any individual genre on established stores, it's hardly an issue. It strikes me as particularly stubborn to say that it's too difficult to see the NeoGeo titles. Their tiles are rather obvious.
  • Only issue I've had was when I went onto the JPN store to grab the Dragon Quest I&II demo. The game was too old to be in Recent Releases, and hadn't sold well enough to be in the Chart. Luckily the game had English in the title so I just searched for it.
  • Andy wrote:
    There's still no organisation to it at all, no break down of genres etc. I had to resort to Wikipedia to see a nice list of the Neo Geo titles.

Updates to the eShop will be needed in time, but when the total number of titles is still smaller than you'd find in any individual genre on established stores, it's hardly an issue. It strikes me as particularly stubborn to say that it's too difficult to see the NeoGeo titles. Their tiles are rather obvious.

I couldn't find shock troopers, I had to wiki it to know it was available.

The layout is piss poor, like I said I don't remember Wii U ever being this bad or the Wii for that matter and they had just as humble beginnings.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • bibidybobbidyboo
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @martingwilliams
    Xbox
    bordude
    PSN
    bibidybobbidyboo
    Wii
    bordude / bibidybobbidyboo

Send message
    The Wii U shops is a horrid, clunky mess. The Switch shop is simplistic and streamlined in my view.
    Twitter: Mr Three-Dee@martingwilliams
  • It's like shopping at Game.

You have recent releases, a chart, coming soon... and then your fucked.

Not even a simple A-Z listing to aid searching.

It's poor.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Well fuck me, they've added a filtered search.

It has; price range, genre and newest to oldest and vice versa.

Still no bloody A-Z though.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • But... Game do have A-Z's??
  • Where's fucking Netflix?
  • Where's fucking Netflix?

Having coffee with YouTube and iPlayer
    The Forum Herald™
  • Surely the new kids at Nintendo have told the old men about stuff?
  • But... Game do have A-Z's??

I meant the eShop.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Switch shop sounds almost as bad as the Xbox shop.

I finally saw one of these in the wild the other day. Guy was playing one on the tram. So small I almost didn't pick it until I noticed the colour joycons. Looks surprisingly​ smart and somehow less geeky than a 3DS to be in public.
  • So there is a Switch in the house. 

I won Mario Kart, which is a first.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yes, a first is what counts as winning in a racing game.
  • Still not convinced by this. Looks like a brilliant bit of hardware, but you can't help but wish it was Sonys little badboy so they would throw some software at the thing.
    My brother got his for his birthday and 2 months on he's playing Zelda and Mariokart and nothing else.
    Two months on and I can play pretty much the same games on my WiiU.
    Nintendo are doing nothing to make me even care.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Not disparaging any other games but the recent era of nintendo games are frequently absolutely packed with content. Xenoblade, zelda, fire emblem are hundreds of hours of single player. Mario kart, Splatoon and possibly arms are similar scale of multiplayer longevity. 

It's quite a different ethos to the one and done of cinematic games like naughty dog or udea titles and similar. Blizzard is probably a comparable company to Nintendo in terms of design sensibilities. So it depends on what you like. 

For me, I can get lost in their games for months at a time. It's not a slight against anything. I just don't have time for much else. 

Can't wait to see what Mario Odyssey is like.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I'd never trust Sony with a handheld ever again after their joke of a support for the Vita
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I don't think you can be too down on Nintendo at this stage. I mean, what were people playing on their PS4s for the first year? Not much that wasn't available on the PS3. It's what they've got post-Mario that's important.
  • Ironically post Mario is the first game after odyssey. The plumbing business is down so mario joins the Royal Mail.
  • Wot JonB said. And with there now being less need to split their teams across two wildly different consoles, they now have them all working on one. Which should take care of dross like Animal Crossing Home Designer, or Metroid Federation Force.

Also, about Metroid..

http://nintendotoday.com/deux-ex-and-unreal-composer-is-working-with-retro-studios/

I BELIEVE.
  • I'm happy with my Switch purchase
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Yeah, I'm happy with mine.  

Lots of hours on Zelda, facilitated largely by the ease of use of the system - just pick it up and carry on where you left off.  If I'd gone wiiU I'd would've had to faff about charging the stupid pad every couple of hours, waiting for the machine to load up etc. (doesn't seem like much but when you're squeezing in a 15min session here and there it adds up).  Never had MK8 so Deluxe had been great.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Wot JonB said. And with there now being less need to split their teams across two wildly different consoles, they now have them all working on one.

If this is what's happening, Nintendo are keeping it a secret. In fact, they're working so hard to keep it a secret, they have games and hardware due for release on the console they're apparently ditching, just to throw people off the scent.
  • Ahahahaha, yes, quite. Although that Pikmin one and that other rpg ain't them. Fire Embleming it up further but that's about it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!