Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Well, I haven't checked, but I can imagine lots of Nintendo fans being excited by this.

They'll be talking-up PC games on other forums now. Nothing wrong with that, it just shows that some of them are kidding themselves when they argue that the Switch wouldn't benefit from third-parties.

Doesn't apply to anyone here.
  • Well, it doesn't to a point. If they want to break GameCube numbers it does.

But the idea that Nintendo only players are now buzzing their tirs off over streaming Nier from their PC is laughable.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    It's not a major development, no. I just don't see how Nintendo are going to stop the Switch from becoming the new Wii a couple of years from now. They've a huge launch with very little (non-shovel) support in common.

Even if Nintendo pack 2018, there's not much else announced from other publishers. Mario Odyssey and the new Metroid aren't enough to stop a lot of people sliding away. It's superhot hardware right now, but Breath of the Wild carried its launch.
  • I don't think anyone can read anything from Switch sales yet beyond it not being a total flop.

Sales pace is matching that of the Wii U, which started reasonably strong. However it is also largely sold out so it could be, given stock, the Switch would be smashing Wii U.

It hasn't had it's first Christmas yet either, my concern there really is that Nintendo won't get enough stock out to meet demand still.

If it continues to sell well then third party support will come. Ideally this would be in time for when Nintendo's releases slow down a bit.

Currently it is sold out based on pretty much first party titles, so no, right now it does not need third party support.

From what I can gather developers like it and want to work on it so I suspect it will be publishers being cautious in regards to green lighting pitches for it. That will change if Nintendo can prove, through sales, that it is a popular device.
    FIFA will also be a big test, if it sells good numbers I suspect EA Sports will commission a Madden and an NHL at the least. Other publishers will also be able to use it as a strong indicator, FIFA is such a constant it is a good title to build sales predictions off of.

E3 was too soon after launch for third parties to really get a feel for sales and then get working on games to show.
  • The idea that there isn't anything third party coming out is nonsense. You've got Minecraft, FIFA, Skyrim and Rocket League this year, which are all big hitters, as well as two Sonic games, that Rabbids thing, NBA 2K18, plus a whole bunch of indie shit, and others I can't recall right now.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That isn't much of a third party line-up, TBF.

Ninty's pretty much always had indies, even back in the days when everyone said it had no third party support.

Minecraft's on everything, it'll probably be ported to a smart toaster by the end of the year.

Even Sonic games have been appearing on Nintendo consoles through thick and thin.

That pretty much leaves a couple of EA titles, Rabbids and Skyrim which was originally released eleventy-billion years ago.

It ain't nothing, but it ain't much,
  • So, 'there's no third party games if exclude a load of third party games?"
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    There's been the perception of there being no third party games on Nintendo consoles for at least 3 generations now, that has built up despite the fact that there have been some third party games on each of them.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    When we talk about third-parties, we're implicitly referring to a console that negates the need for a Pissquat or Bone. Third-party parity.

To most owners it doesn't matter (else they wouldn't be owners, right), but it will have an impact on long-term sales if things don't change. It was never much of a problem when games were shorter (and the Switch is strong there), but more and more games require serious investments of time now, and many of us are down to one console because of that.

The PS4 has what I need for the amount of gaming that I do. Ditto the Xbox for yer Forzamans and whatnot. It's not fanboyism, it's lack of time, so we go where the bulk of our favourite games are. The Switch is a great portable, but what if it becomes uncool to be seen with after a couple of years? Us old duffers don't care, but it's a danger for Nintendo.
  • Are Nintendo doomed? Again?
  • Nintendo are doomed except for when they are not which is when they are about to be doomed.
  • Of course Nintendo is doomed. Just take a look at the share price and bank reserves.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • More doomed than Doc Doom playing Doom whilst drinking a bottle of Doom Bar.
  • Since 1996 and counting...
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • The argument that Nintendo need to avoid the Switch becoming like the Wii is daft anyway. They sold over a hundred million of those things. Granted, a reasonable proportion of the sales came from buyers who didn't invest heavily in games - but I'm pretty sure that Nintendo weren't losing that much sleep at the time. I'm sure they'd love to sell the same amount of Switch units.

Becoming another WiiU, that's another thing entirely.
  • The Wii also had a good attach rate, there's no evidence to suggest it was put in a cupboard unplayed anymore or less than a NES or PS2 in their day.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Even donkey Kong country did gangbusters.
  • Aye agreed Syph.

On a different note tho, I love my Switch, but it's probably the worst bit of Ninty manufactured Kit I have ever purchased ever & has topped my loose hinged MH4U 3DS.

Slight bend in the dock, both my pro controllers suffer on the left D-pad(Puyo nightmare) & left stick sometimes in regards to inputs & I have had 2 nightmare sessions ref charging & syncing said pads. I also have a slight, slight upward bend in one of the bottom corners of the screen unit which is barely noticeable when it laid flat on a surface, but it's there.

Not send it back probs(yet) but I was a little miffed & surprised as generally over the last few decades their kit has been solid from a manufacturing point of view. Guess mine(& few others) missed the old seal of qaulity stamp this time around.

• Bought my third switch game! Puyo puyo Tetris!
    The Forum Herald™
  • It's ace, Bob. Enjoy.
  • Agreed. Would be good to get some mp going with it actually.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Bob wrote:
    Bought my third switch game! Puyo puyo Tetris!

Bloody hell I've got 9
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Bought my third switch game! Puyo puyo Tetris!
    Bloody hell I've got 9

There can't be 9 games worth owning surely.,!.?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Zelda , Arms , Mario kart , Tumbleseed , RMX Racing , Puyo puyo tetris , Shovel Knight, Snake Pass and Snipper clips
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    So no then.
  • They all look good to me
  • FranticPea wrote:
    So no then.

Knob
  • Yeah look good from here.
    I don't know what Tumbleweed is and would have to play Snake Pass to know for sure if I liked it.

The rest are all top notch games. Being super tight you could say a few are old but meh.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Sorry, it was too easy.
  • I'd never played Shovel Knight before and RMX Racing is basically F Zero

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!