Nintendo Switch
  • They've probably waited so they can hide such apps behind a paywall.
    AJ wrote:
    Doesn't seem very likely to me. It's more likely that none of the companies running the services have been interested in making apps for it.

Hulu has an app, so probably just wot AJ said.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Interestingly, there's browser functionality in the OS though. If you want to fuck about, you can actually access any page via the social account linking options. For now, at least.
  • http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/05/08/is-switchs-online-service-a-good-deal
    Good opinion piece by Stanton on Switch's online stuff. Although I don't have a Switch I agree with what he is saying from my experience with WiiU.

The bit about Family accounts is definitely worth looking at for a few on here happy to do a gameshare type thing.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    would you like to buy a switch mr live
  • Sorry man still can't justify it, having to watch finances at the moment as well.
    If I need a Nintendo fix I will get my WiiU out again.
  • The bit about Family accounts is definitely worth looking at for a few on here happy to do a gameshare type thing.

Amazing value if you go that road, but it's(atm) gonna cost me a small fortune if I want to get mine & the kids accounts online. Poor choice by Nintendo there & tbh, I'm not impressed. I'm sure over the years I may have a few Switches knocking about, but the home is nowhere near, & it won't be for a while, 3DS levels of hardware saturation. Hope it changes before launch.

• the account should cover a device, rather than requiring a sub for each user on the device, that seems pretty naughty to me. especially when they're obviously aware of it with the family option.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I always find gameshare 'loopholes' baffling, and got a fair amount of use out of it on PS3.  I can't see confirmation that it's a thing here, but I'm too hung over to concentrate on the article.  While digging around on another forum to get the gist of this family accounts thing I did discover that you can share games with up to 10 other users on Steam, which is undoubtedly common knowledge, but surprised me.  Now I know what those codes are all about that people give away, previously I thought they were just unwanted software within a bundle.  Steam's amazing and I'm a sillybilly for not being involved.
  • No, those codes are unwanted software from bundles. Stream game sharing requires you to log in on the other person's computer, like with the PlayStation. It also doesn't allow more than one person to pay any one game at the same time.
  • Ok thanks.  With a minimal amount of liaising that sounds like an excellent way to swap club indie stuff.
  • cindemon wrote:
    The bit about Family accounts is definitely worth looking at for a few on here happy to do a gameshare type thing.

Amazing value if you go that road, but it's(atm) gonna cost me a small fortune if I want to get mine & the kids accounts online. Poor choice by Nintendo there & tbh, I'm not impressed. I'm sure over the years I may have a few Switches knocking about, but the home is nowhere near, & it won't be for a while, 3DS levels of hardware saturation. Hope it changes before launch.

Seems the above is not the case, happy days!

From Nintendo FAQ.

"If family members playing on the same Nintendo Switch also want to use the service, a Family Group could be set up in the Nintendo Account settings, and the Family Membership for Nintendo Switch Online could be purchased to enjoy the service (up to eight Nintendo Accounts)."

• £1.50 a month for cloud saves is a bargain in the grand scheme of things.  I'll pay that with bells on for the first time I drop my Switch in the bath or something.

I can see it becoming a Minecraft machine for the little one when the Bedrock update finally comes out as well.
  • Nintendo is launching an official charging stand that has adjustable angles to it. Out in July.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Not a portable dock then? Idiots.
  • With 'adjustable angles' do I get to charge my Switch from various slants and gradients then? I don't get it.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Yeah its like that hori dock
    PSN - minkymu
  • Very surprised there is no switch PES game coming out. I'm still surprised at the lack of main 3rd party support to be honest. Granted the range of Nintendo games covers a lot of genres but it still leaves a lot of stuff open for new versions of popular games. Is the installed user base still too small for that investment or is there a deal where major publishers can't just release download titles and have to also invest in an sd card version.
    SFV - reddave360
  • It's probably more that the console versions take a spectacular amount of effort to port and the mobile versions probably won't sell that well on it. Plus, Nintendo are supposed to have a particularly stringent QA process.
  • Forsee a big E3 for 3rd party announcements. No way the big boys aren't riding this gravy train.

• Forsee a big E3 for 3rd party announcements. No way the big boys aren't riding this gravy train.

I really hope so. Not in relation to being a switch owner, already sham piling so no lack of games for me, but more from Nintendo ever being a real force again as a platform. If they aren't coming on board for the switch train, I don't see how Nintendo get those 3rd parties back unless they go a similar Xbox one/ps4 similar type system and really who wants that.

SFV - reddave360
  • Looks like Arms has a demo out. Legit demo not armstest thing.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Can you play online with that one? Would love to have a fight with my brother, I've missed him during all the Tests.

In Splatoon news, there's gonna be a "Shocking Announcement" on June 9th. The E3 tournament is the 11th, the E3 Direct the 12th. So people are guessing they're gonna show something new that will then be in the tournament. Pretty exciting. For me. And probably Reg and Kaz.
    I think they will be up for dat cash but the big guns are all over online play with microtransactions in half finished games.
    Nintendo's shite online offering and stringent quality control may put them off.

Alternatively they realise they can't pull that shit on Switch and we start getting some games that don't lean on those models.
  • Got my Joycon back from Nintendo, all fixed (stick and rumble), no drama.  The post-it not presumably helped.

In other news, Adventure Pals has become a chore, especially with (the truly massively excellent) Donkey Kong Country TF in the house.  Whenever I try to play it in co-op I'm told 'maybe next week', so it's doing something wrong if a pre-school child is putting it on the back burner after an hour.  It's not terrible, but it really is quite dull.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate out 28th August.

Also a metroidvania pinball game! Out 29th of this month.

• Well up for Yoku but I don't want to pre-order for the 10% off just in case it turns out to be a stinker.
  • Birdorf wrote:
    Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate out 28th August.

Ok NOW I’m happy.
    With this and Dark Souls I have pretty much everything I’ve ever wanted in a portable console.

I’m done chaps.
    Thank you Nintendo
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    What, I'm waiting in some government building and am not allowed to play this with sound. Would be amazing!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Forsee a big E3 for 3rd party announcements. No way the big boys aren't riding this gravy train.

Hahaha cheers Gav, needed that

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!