Where the fuck did Unlikely go, and why is he back?... Welcome back...
  • g.man wrote:
    In fact, several of then aren't working for me at all now
    Welcome thread is a known issue. What others aren't working?

Welcome, 500, deals , all cloudflare warnings.
    Can't see your welcome post. Last one is from AJ

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Fuck, I've broken the forum. Sorry, guys.
  • Deals is fine for me and at least a handful of others, btw.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Theres a bit of truth to gonzo's stuff though. I genuinely don't understand how grown adults can't accept criticism of a product or piece of software that they have no monetary stake in.there was always a "lolsikbantz" response to this but I think it's disguisin a real childishness. It's absolutely OK to not like something, and when someone goes above "lol shite lol" it's worth considering. I genuinely can't believe that console wars are real for adults on here.

A better class of conversation indeed

Which episode are you referring to here? I've not seen any that stand out recently.

PS4 thread debacle and "cuntpad" an odious word used odiously
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    And then it spread to the Bone thread
  • As a wise man once said, "why so serious" Reg?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Most of it is in jest and non-serious, right?

RIGHT?! O_o
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Me calling everyone imbeciles wasn't
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ah yes, that wise, sensible man. Here's the thing - so much of it is presented as "lulz" but it's very clear to see that people have legit made their beds and I don't even know why you would joke argue your way around it. In my last English course before I got my degree, a professor said to my class "fuck jazz - English is about the spaces between the words" and I totally get that
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Also, I'm not starting a Jazz beef. That stuff is alright
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The PS4 thread did turn into a joke actually. Fuck it though, just talk games and shit and ignore the foolishness.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nice to see the mgs thread just being a thread of beautiful discovery
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The problem with analysing the spaces between the words is that you can read anything you want into them. Where you see true words spoken in jest belying an immature attitude towards a hobby, I see sexual tension between two groups of people, one of which is deeply jealous of the other's looks and made insecure because of it, while the other is jealous of the amount of fun that the other seems to be having and is insecure because of that. If these two groups of people could just get past these insecurities and admit how they really felt, then they could just tear each others' clothes off and go at it in a great-looking orgy which is loads of fun for everyone, sadly they can't because their insecurities run so deep that they just can't let themselves go like that.

I mean, this is English, there are no wrong answers.

Fucking English.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I like your interpretation tbh and want to read your fan fic
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Digi looked into cocha's eyes and whispered "want to see the thrust of that extra 180p"?
  • Yossarian wrote:
    The problem with analysing the spaces between the words is that you can read anything you want into them. Where you see true words spoken in jest belying an immature attitude towards a hobby, I see sexual tension between two groups of people, one of which is deeply jealous of the other's looks and made insecure because of it, while the other is jealous of the amount of fun that the other seems to be having and is insecure because of that. If these two groups of people could just get past these insecurities and admit how they really felt, then they could just tear each others' clothes off and go at it in a great-looking orgy which is loads of fun for everyone, sadly they can't because their insecurities run so deep that they just can't let themselves go like that. I mean, this is English, there are no wrong answers. Fucking English.

This is what Halostock is for.
  • Trudat. Yoss does it so well.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Theres a bit of truth to gonzo's stuff though. I genuinely don't understand how grown adults can't accept criticism of a product or piece of software that they have no monetary stake in.there was always a "lolsikbantz" response to this but I think it's disguisin a real childishness. It's absolutely OK to not like something, and when someone goes above "lol shite lol" it's worth considering. I genuinely can't believe that console wars are real for adults on here. A better class of conversation indeed

Disagree with this. Games are expensive so for most people have to spend a lot but can't get everything. £350 for a Piss v £350 for a Bone. You make your choice which winds people up when they see green grass elsewhere. The sense of longing, desperation, instilled by adverts makes people feel like they made a mistake when they can't have it all.

The way a lot of things are going is that business models are being created that mean that you overpay so you can have it all and all of the time. (consider, mobile phone insurance, Netflix, unlimited coffee, subscribe for this and that, unlimited broadband).

There's also the hype reflex. The industry is based on pumping people up about products but it's almost inevitably disappointing. So to cancel the feeling that the disappointing thing you chose (e.g. PS4) the other thing must become a SHIT THING.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    legaldinho wrote:
    The truth is this place is on a downward spiral, witless banter, retarded fanboys, cyclical  pseudo intellectual  chat, and you can't even get games sorted using it. I shoulda stayed gone but gears.

lol look at this fag, "delete my account" lol utter spazzer lads, talks the talk but he's full fucking limp dick when it comes to it. Full on dick waving ponce m8
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Also, I'm not starting a Jazz beef. That stuff is alright

UUtX0MSl.jpg
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    "why are your servers down so much?" queried yoss.
    "because,I have to build up strength to give you my plus at the start of the month" said adkm, stroking his face
  • Yoss, it's OK that you're jealous of Dan looks.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I dream of him streaming all over me.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Theres a bit of truth to gonzo's stuff though. I genuinely don't understand how grown adults can't accept criticism of a product or piece of software that they have no monetary stake in.there was always a "lolsikbantz" response to this but I think it's disguisin a real childishness. It's absolutely OK to not like something, and when someone goes above "lol shite lol" it's worth considering. I genuinely can't believe that console wars are real for adults on here. A better class of conversation indeed

Disagree with this. Games are expensive so for most people have to spend a lot but can't get everything. £350 for a Piss v £350 for a Bone. You make your choice which winds people up when they see green grass elsewhere. The sense of longing, desperation, instilled by adverts makes people feel like they made a mistake when they can't have it all.

The way a lot of things are going is that business models are being created that mean that you overpay so you can have it all and all of the time. (consider, mobile phone insurance, Netflix, unlimited coffee, subscribe for this and that, unlimited broadband).

There's also the hype reflex. The industry is based on pumping people up about products but it's almost inevitably disappointing. So to cancel the feeling that the disappointing thing you chose (e.g. PS4) the other thing must become a SHIT THING.

That's all true but where's the hdtv wars. Or the boiler wars (sorry, have boilers on the mind)
    This is a bunch of adults who can't see past online hype and propaganda to take a reasoned look at their purchases
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Can we start boiler wars

GLOWWORM IS BEST
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    But anyway, back to these 'concerns about the forum'. Things change lads. I may have had several pints this affie but its still a wonderful forum. If there's not enough serious discussion for you, feel free to post elsewhere too. I fucking love this place, you get some bantz or however the hell you want to describe it, cuntpad is just a laugh (and if you're taking it as a serious ting, give that head a wobble ffs). Its a forum full of giving, just like many other forums out there. You post a while, jadedness is gonna kick in like it will do with anything. Take a break if its bothering you.

I mean, how fucking dull would this place if everything was straight up serious discussion of the merits of videogames, the wide-reaching implications, what it means as a new artform. Fuck that jazz, cunt everything.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    The truth is this place is on a downward spiral, witless banter, retarded fanboys, cyclical  pseudo intellectual  chat, and you can't even get games sorted using it. I shoulda stayed gone but gears.

lol look at this fag, "delete my account" lol utter spazzer lads, talks the talk but he's full fucking limp dick when it comes to it. Full on dick waving ponce m8

Luv u 2 hon xxx
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Digi looked into cocha's eyes and whispered "want to see the thrust of that extra 180p"?

Teachers doing maths, eh?
  • The biggest problem with the cunt pad joke is that it's factually incorrect. Build your jokes on solid foundations lads.

The Jag pad, that's the cunt pad.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    But anyway, back to these 'concerns about the forum'. Things change lads. I may have had several pints this affie but its still a wonderful forum. If there's not enough serious discussion for you, feel free to post elsewhere too. I fucking love this place, you get some bantz or however the hell you want to describe it, cuntpad is just a laugh (and if you're taking it as a serious ting, give that head a wobble ffs). Its a forum full of giving, just like many other forums out there. You post a while, jadedness is gonna kick in like it will do with anything. Take a break if its bothering you.

I mean, how fucking dull would this place if everything was straight up serious discussion of the merits of videogames, the wide-reaching implications, what it means as a new artform. Fuck that jazz, cunt everything.

That's a rather narrow interpretation of what I said. I'm not exactly the prime candidate for posting anything of sense, but what I was trying to say is that behind the "banter" (what an odious word, can't wait till its phased out) is a lot of actual childish acting that is disguised by "lols". Not that there's no place for lolz

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!