Secret Santa 2015 - UNWRAP, SHOW & TELL and EXPLAIN TO THE IN-LAWS
  • A pressie has arrived from my Secret Santa. Thank you Secret Santa. I have no idea of the size, shape etc. of said pressie as wife has confiscated it until Xmas day. Excited.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Presents arrived for me at the weekend too. Now safely nestled under the tree, daring me not to open them for the next 10 days. The Super Mario candies are helping though. Cheers, Santa.
  • I, also, have box addressed to Funkstain which means only one thing. Well it could mean a few other things but they don't bear thinking about.

I should probably get on with buying this now.
  • Dear Santa and Recipients

I think is where we currently stand. Could Santas let me know how they're doing (PM) and if any recipients have received their gifts and they're not highlighted as having done so below, just pop a note in this thread and I'll update. Think this is up-to-date, but correct me if I've forgotten/ignored a prior PM/post. 

The Runners and the Riders - Current state of play
    regmcfly - ARRIVED
    JonB - ARRIVED (Santa met tight deadline. Well done you)
    Moot_Geeza - ARRIVED
    Cosby - ARRIVED
    Verecocha - ARRIVED
    Adkm1979 - ARRIVED
    Roujin - ARRIVED
    MattyJ - ARRIVED
    StellaVista - ARRIVED
    MK64 - ARRIVED
    @Funkstain - ARRIVED (package 1) - Further package to arrive.
    @FranticPea
    @nOface - SENT 15/12
    @Billy - gifts with Santa, posting Thursday
    @Yossarian - 2 part delivery - Santa let down by company, but is on it. Nothing to see here. 
    @b0r1s
    @hylian_elf
    @EvilRedEye - being sent out 16/12
    @mistercrayon - Santa waiting on gifts. ALL IN HAND. DONT PANIC.
    @ShabbyMcCrabby - dispatched, ETA 19/20 Dec
    @GooberTheHat - 2 part delivery - both sent 13/12
    @tin_robot
    @yourfavouriteuncle - being sent out Saturday
    @Wookienopants - package sent 15/12
    @Jimmy The Lips
    @danclarke
    @Outlaw
    @Diluted Dante
    @Olimite - ITEMS DESPATCHED (due to arrive by 21st - 2 packages)
    @Space Gazelle
    @Revelthedog - ARRIVED
    @Kazuo - sent 3/12 - package currently awol - Santa has been informed. 
    @Nexx - items on their way to Santa.
    @Tigerswiftly - being sent out 17/12
    @Elmlea
    @Bollockoff
  • I'm in trouble. I like my recipient but I haven't got a clue what to get them. Would cold hard cash be inappropriate?
  • Edge subscription :p
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • rhing with secret Santana, and receiving presents as an adult, is that anything is pretty much awesome, unless it's dogshit in a wet bag. I mean I wouldn't know what to get me but I know I'm going to love whatever is in that parcel I've got cos someone actually went to the effort of buying it for me. How cool is that??
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I'm in trouble. I like my recipient but I haven't got a clue what to get them. Would cold hard cash be inappropriate?

Do that. It's better than spending over the odds and getting them some novelty stuff they could re-gift if they wanted only to be scorned with a photo of only one third of what you sent because you ended up with no decent amount reasonable data to mine and you end up looking like a moran.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Funkstain wrote:
    rhing with secret Santana, and receiving presents as an adult, is that anything is pretty much awesome, unless it's dogshit in a wet bag. I mean I wouldn't know what to get me but I know I'm going to love whatever is in that parcel I've got cos someone actually went to the effort of buying it for me. How cool is that??

Wuv your secret Santana, whatever your gift rhing may be.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • I'm in trouble. I like my recipient but I haven't got a clue what to get them. Would cold hard cash be inappropriate?

Last year my santee didn't know what to get me, so got me some stuff they liked in the hopes I would too. It was an awesome mix of stuff that I'd never have bought myself, but thoroughly enjoyed. The Judge Dredd book in particular was a highlight.

Some people can be really hard to get for, they don't give much away, despite best stalking efforts. Anything will be appreciated though.
  • I shall do this instead. Cheers Dante.
  • Yar, that's solid advice.
  • Yea I know what you mean, I was worried about whoever got me simply because I don't post as often as I should do and when I do it's mostly nonsense and ramble chat. 
    Must be very hard to stalk for this. 
    thing is most of us are adults and lovely people and just receiving anything in wrapping paper is going to be exciting, pretty much anything that comes through my letterbox that isn't a bill is going to make me squeeee with joy!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • My package has arrived!!
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'll be on my own this Christmas morning.

Need a good santa gift to cheer me up.

No pressure or anything :)
  • Cook yourself a breakfast of champions.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's scrambled eggs and champagne bud
  • Unless my gift arrives before Sunday I'm probably not going to get it until after New Years. Will be a nice thing to come home to
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • How do you cook eggs in champagne?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Gluttonously
  • Mmmm xmas breakfast. Somehow we have fallen into a tradition of having smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on toast with a glass or two of bucks fizz.

I really miss the bacon/sausage sandwiches with black pudding in of my youth (with coke on the side, COKE FOR BREAKFAST THE XMAS INSANITY OF MY YOUTH)
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Unless my gift arrives before Sunday I'm probably not going to get it until after New Years. Will be a nice thing to come home to

I've had a message from your Santa. It was sent first class recorded delivery yesterday so it should be with you by Friday at the very latest. They didn't want you to worry.

• Aweome. Thanks Stoph. I'm gonna pack it in my suitcase and open it at the in laws on Christmas Day
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Always miss my nan's bacon butties on boxing day. Dunno how they were so good. She must've spat on tissue and gave em a rub down or something. Nans eh.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Nans ftw. First xmas without any grandparents this year, I will pour out some cranberry sauce for one's former elderly homies.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • My nan and gran were frenemies before the world had to suffer the word.  They had a mince pie off one Christmas - nan's tasted like heaven but looked like they'd been sat on, gran's looked the part but tasted like arse.  I was very honest with my reviews (percentages, natch), but ructions were caused.  Nan won, best mince pies I've ever tasted.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    It's scrambled eggs and champagne bud

Do them in a bain marie! It takes about 15 mins but it's worth it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!