Secret Santa 2015 - UNWRAP, SHOW & TELL and EXPLAIN TO THE IN-LAWS
  • Dear All

Any chance you could upload photos of everything you received so that we can all look on enviously and can see how creative your Santas have been? Last time I looked there were a few dud photos and missing images. 

Sorry for coming across like the Grinch, but I love seeing the end results of all your stalking efforts. 

Stoph x
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Found this cheeky thing at the bottom of the box. Outrageously wonderful.

UyZ3xgO.jpg
  • I have to make those Hama beads characters with the kids, and that there Reg creation is some achievement.
  • That's pretty fucking awesome. Good work that santa.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    That's boss.

Also, lorne.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Piccy pics.

First note:

99ABC761-40E9-4BA5-BC14-F7FB0381251A_zpswizkuehr.jpg

And a second note, which is quite touching and thoughtful:

DC5C1103-878E-4AFE-8F5D-B676EC8AD1BE_zpsjfjwgunf.jpg

Some wrapped bits:

BC15C528-7ABF-4E62-AFDE-157C7823C4DD_zpsmgfpxkly.jpg

One lot of gifts:

7E2EFA57-A262-4A20-9D4F-EADEC9D2A5B3_zpssio85fdp.jpg

And a boardgame for me and the mrs (good stalking there)

8CA0B92F-9013-4FDA-ABD2-983020819BB1_zpsh1vmxhjl.jpg

The bits for Harry (which I'm getting use out of too!)

D43DE3DB-C47C-45DA-B76E-63D9691D598F_zpsprwk6uvm.jpg

All in all very nice haul, thank you!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Found this cheeky thing at the bottom of the box. Outrageously wonderful. UyZ3xgO.jpg

1 of 1 for you sir.  The Jill sandwich/fairy are available on his Facebook page, but that fella there was custom made.  The guy that makes them is a lovely chap - if anyone's interested, search 'A Beads C Start' on Facebook.  I bought myself a Yoshi and a Shovel Knight when I ordered Reg's stuff.  If you can get him a high quality sprite image he seems up for requests.  I'm still trying to source decent pics of the Castle of Illusion (Master System, obviously) bosses to go on the nursery wall with Asterix, Obelix, Dogmatix, various Alex Kidds, Mickey, Minnie, Sonic + Tails.  I can see myself ordering a few more, my daughter has waved at them every morning since she was a couple of months old.
  • Finally have the time to let loose about my incredible secret santa experience. As per threadiquette, we'll start with original packaging:

03U3bRO.jpg?1

Usual hilarity ensues with both Post Office and family asking all about this Funkstain person. Also: special delivery? No need!! But thank you. Next we have internals:

WEM7tFx.jpg?1

A letter! With specific instructions. What could they be?

GJXDiWM.jpg

Firstly, thank you for spelling Erik's name correctly. Extra wife appreciation points! Secondly, laughing at Chelsea's fate this season. Guaranteed to get laughs in this family let me tell you. Thirdly, loving all these hand-written notes in Forum SS. I'll do one next year, promise. Right, on to the best part:

nbehDa1.jpg

Another Forum SS tradition! Only kidding about the best part, but chocs always nice.

Sn1YA2d.jpg

Two parcels this year, the first one contained...

zQPj5oQ.jpg?1

OMG mix tapes CDs for both me and Erik! Really very awesome. Some great tunes on there, really saved us from Spotify's Xmas list, and Erik loves his tunes - bobbing his head to the beat, again so much nicer than endless "I'm a hungry dinosaur, it's time to eat, feed me a tasty treat!". Thank you. Love the personal touch. Next parcel:

5oN7JqT.jpg

Xviqk8o.jpg

Cryptic message about Chelsea winning this season becomes clear! My brother came over for the day and, when younger, was a massive Subbuteo fan, so of course this got cracked out immediately. Top laughs. Chelsea lost though. FFS. Now for the piece de resistance:

J1VIa08.jpg

Holy shit! My very own personalised Choose Your Own Adventure book!

yz1BH0x.jpg

I especially liked the gritty reality of the plot - I'm always questing for fucking milk since Erik drinks all of it. And the part in which I became supreme ruler of the universe and observed its heat death was a particular highlight. The thing even has bonus content (yes I did go to the supermarket!). It's terrific and so thoughtful. I'm super impressed. The whole haul:

cQ4n6hs.jpg

In a word, Wow. Thank you Secret Santa 2015. What this thread has taught me is that I need to seriously up my game for this next year. Well done all, one of the best things about the forum, absolutely love it. Special thanks to Stoph for organising. NOW to see who gave me this amazing stuff. And hope this post works...
  • Shit. Hang on.

Right there you go.

Tin you don of doctors. Thank you, thank you to your kids who helped.
  • That right there is an awesome haul. Some really high standards have been set this year.
  • Glad you liked it Funkstain!  

(I'm still irritated that the page numbers went awry in printing, but I think/hope I spotted them all...)
  • Sorry I've been lax with photos - I'll post some tomorrow!
  • It's a very busy period for me at the moment I'm afraid but I just want to thank my Santa for my gift of a massive cardboard box of mixed chocolates (like really-don't know where to start- massive) and my cuddly toy badger that my son has taken for himself. I've told him we have to call it Blum - he didn't get the joke, strangely. Thanks very much and I'll post pics in the new year. X
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Holy shit, Tin wrote a motherfucking book. That is seriously impressive.
  • Earning his award without knowing it was coming, therefore fully deserving of the Blums up.
  • Not just a book guv. A whole multiple choice choose your own adventure featuring aliens, psychotic little girls, crone-like witches and beautiful princesses. And milk. And all too often, a frog.
  • And bonus supermarket content.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I hear NASA are recalculating the flight path of the ISS as we speak to avoid collision with the bar that's suddenly been raised above Britain.
  • That truly is incredible, putting my efforts to shame. I'm gonna need more time to prepare for the 2016 secret Santa. Let's do the draw in January!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • You'll need to become a doctor first they have loads of spare time. Ahem
  • I wouldn't have the patients.
  • I need to get Tin to tell me the secret to actually finishing things.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I need to get Tin to tell me the secret to actually finishing things.

The terrifyingly short deadline helped.  Mainly though it was a combination of booking a day off specifically to do it, and having lots of other things that I really didn't want to do, which meant doing this was an enjoyable escape...
    Funkstain wrote:
    And all too often, a frog.

Worryingly it took me a whole minute of going "there was a frog?" before finally realising that, yes, potentially there's rather a lot of frog...  I was slightly worried that you'd just breeze through doing everything "right" and not find all those carefully written deaths - but clearly you found at least one of them!
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Game changer.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Dayum Tin, that's some super stuff there. Gotta love B&B SS.
  • Right, I'm usually useless at posting images here but here goes...

64edc457c40dd32ab5ab2dcb5ddbaa34_zpstrp2beqg.jpgdf849b2be5bb949f8275686d291a64cd_zpsecvtfp8u.jpg82d6feee262427058f8ca01dffd40c74_zpsg8u1z8i9.jpg887bd7f85856b7cb6ccb6ed7ea51f851_zps8khsxcsr.jpg77880297be3459de1ede64f4f9136b37_zps79v3cqiw.jpg
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • IT WORKED :)
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • That is some serious pro wrapping

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!