The Oval Ball Thread - Six Nations 2016
  • Really?  A team that's performed consistently well against a team that could easily have lost to Scotland and, from what I've read, didn't exactly dominate Argentina?
  • I like this sport but like many sporty activities I can never really get behind any sort of patriotism, so I'm quite glad England were rubbish.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    Really?  A team that's performed consistently well against a team that could easily have lost to Scotland and, from what I've read, didn't exactly dominate Argentina?

You've got to be in it to win it!
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Are we still talking about Scotland losing to Australia? Bad decisions get made in matches all the time, move on. Personally, I was pleased that Scotland, Wales and Ireland all lost.

There were interviews on TV with Welsh fans after the South Africa game and all they were concerned about was the fact that they had beaten England. This is the world cup, it's not about that, although it does show the limit of your ambition.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I very much hopes the All Blacks win it
  • I didn't bring up Scotland as a 'wo is me' point, just to point out that they are not great, and I'd expect a team looking to win the tournament to beat them more comfortably.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I very much hopes the All Blacks win it

All Blecks Kiwi doesn't really translate well into text.

I'll post this instead.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'd rather the Austrailians won it - really don't like it when a team dominates in any sport. It isn't good for it as a spectacle.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    I'd rather the Austrailians won it - really don't like it when a team dominates in any sport. It isn't good for it as a spectacle.

New Zealand, Australia and South Africa have all won the world cup twice. NZ are usually the most exciting team to watch but it doesn't always translate into trophies. I
  • Skondo wrote:
    Are we still talking about Scotland losing to Australia? Bad decisions get made in matches all the time, move on. Personally, I was pleased that Scotland, Wales and Ireland all lost. There were interviews on TV with Welsh fans after the South Africa game and all they were concerned about was the fact that they had beaten England. This is the world cup, it's not about that, although it does show the limit of your ambition.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Djornson wrote:
    New Zealand, Australia and South Africa have all won the world cup twice. NZ are usually the most exciting team to watch but it doesn't always translate into trophies. I

true. It's funny how the All Blacks have an air of invincibility - but then when it comes to Northern hemisphere teams that is the case!

It's safe to say they have been the best team in the tournament and they should win.
  • The thing with the All Blacks is that even when they are dominating every match, they are nearly always an absolute pleasure to watch.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    They are also very good at winning when they aren't playing well (which isn't often). They are very smart which helps in a technical game like rugby. I had hoped getting an NZ coach for Ireland would have helped more than it has (although back to back 6 nations is great).
  • Six nations time people!!!!!

Very very excited about this one. Looking forward to see what Eddie Jones does with England, I reckon France will be far better then expected and Scotland could do very well. It is wide open.

My money today is an easy victory for France and a close game at Murrayfield...Eng to win by five.
  • Six nations hype!!!!
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Italy are proving frustrating already! A bit more concentration and better decisions and they could be winning this.
  • Annnnnnd Italy score a try...
  • I love Italy, my favouritest underdog team ever. I'm missing the match though because I am tryharding on my twitch setup. Looking forward to catching up on Sunday.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • It has been a pretty good game so far. It is just the top three inches Italy lack. They do great work to build up attack and territory before wasting it all with a silly mistake!
  • Weird seeing Italy winning here.
  • Not sure if they can hold on. I really hope they do.
  • Ah well.

Number 17 for France is a right beast.
  • I post as France take the lead...what is wrong with me today?!
  • He is an absolute monster. Italy just always struggle in the final 20 minutes.
  • Bit of a crap first half really.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Better in the second.
  • Yep. Defense was very good. Happy with that as Murrayfield is not an easy place to go and win.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!