Super Mario Maker compo thread: New theme is FIRE 7 entries open to play and vote NOW
  • mk64 wrote:
    what do you mean the physics aren't 100%?

SMB, SMB3 (especially this) and SMW all have slightly different physics.

Mario Maker uses NSMB's physics which out of the three above is probably closest to SMB, which makes sense.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • does it? I thought when you played a smb level you had smb physics.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • The I'm not sure as I only played this briefly when it came out, keep meaning to go back to it.

I'm guessing it's what @ChopperByrne meant when he said the physics aren't 100%
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • It's all nsmb u physics.
  • Yeah SMB3 is most noticible, but the whole game is based on the NSMB-U engine, so even SMB and SMW feel just a little off.

For me it's mostly just the inherent input lag of HD displays (My front room TV easily has 5 frames of input lag) compared to CRT televisions that I would have grown up playing them on, but speedrunners (who I'd watch a lot) seem to really struggle at times.

http://nintendoeverything.com/why-super-mario-maker-uses-new-super-mario-bros-u-physics-for-all-game-styles/
  • it doesn't impact me as I don't play any of the crazy hard levels made just to troll. I mainly play super expert which most of the time is do-able. I'm not very good at jumping and throwing shit though.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • love levels like this

• Everyone should try the levels of the week on reddit, although be warned, this might actually involve typing in the course codes instead of clicking on a button. Yeah I know, it's been known to take nearly 20 seconds in extreme cases.
  • I played your lad's level yesterday Space. Gave him a star.
  • i'm up for that gazelle, i've never used reddit, do i need an acct to log in or something?
  • wow - 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!