Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I was being sarcastic. I can't stand Max.

I was on the beach trying to follow the race with spotty Internet. Had no idea Lewis had pitted, but saw he was miles behind. Finally get Internet again and he's about to take the lead. Unreal.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Same as the old best driver

Lulz. Looks like I missed another good race.
  • That was a slow burner with an epic climax. A good finish to the halfway point of the season.

Even though Ferrari were nowhere today, they have to be favourites for the next two races, Spa and Monza. Pure Horsepower circuits.

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Lewis could just go on hols for a few races and still win it.
  • I have no doubts this years drivers championship is done and dusted. If ferrari hadn't ballsed up the aero design we could have been talking of a Vettel or leclerc championship.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Lewis is getting close to Schumacher's 91 race wins record now (he's just 10 behind) so whilst this year's championship is looking fairly safely in the bag, he'll still be going for the wins however much he pretends that he's not interested in breaking all of the records.
  • I think he will defo hang around till he breaks that record. 4 more wins this season in the remaining 8 races gives him, 6 more races to win next season. Which is doable.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I reckon he's got another 2 years before he retires.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Can't imagine F1 without Lewis at this point. But then, couldn't imagine it without Alonso and he's gone. Wonder how long Kimi has.
  • He really will go down as one of the greats..sort of in between Senna and Shumacher, a hybrid. He wants to be senna but he's got a fair bit of Shumacher in him as well.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Surely Ham wants to beat Schumacher’s record before he calls it a day?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Of course. He'll probably match it next year and beat it the year after I reckon.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Unless the rules changes impact Mercedes dominance in 21.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Hamilton seems to have a good sense of where the honey is. If he thinks mercades won't cut it I reckon he will move.
  • Wouldnt be suprised to see him go to Ferrari in 2021, just to drive it for a season or two before retirement.

Gasly has been told his performances need to desperately improve. "He should be racing ferraris and mercedes not saubers and mclarens".

Writing is on the wall, he ain't good enough.
  • I know i'm just banging the same old drum, but i'd love it if they brought Alonso in for 2nd part of the season. Don't think for a second it would happen: RB prob wouldn't want him, Honda wouldn't, Max might not, and Alonso himself would prob want too much money etc.
    Still it would be a great story, and he either proves himself still at the top level and RB benefit, or he gets humped by Max and we can stop talking about him within F1.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • It would be a box office specutaular event. Max and Alonso in the same team. That would be a helluva test for max to cope with fernando as a teammate.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    It would be a box office specutaular event. Max and Alonso in the same team. That would be a helluva test for max to cope with fernando as a teammate.

In terms of the stress of having to deal with him? I'm fairly confident that Max would drive rings around Fernando ;)
  • jdanielp wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    It would be a box office specutaular event. Max and Alonso in the same team. That would be a helluva test for max to cope with fernando as a teammate.
    In terms of the stress of having to deal with him? I'm fairly confident that Max would drive rings around Fernando ;)

He'd probably crash into him.
  • Max was quoted as saying that Alonso could have been an eight time world champion if he had the right car throughout his career. It was more a point disparaging Hamilton than praising Alonso.
  • I don't think that's disparaging to Ham, it's a fact you could say about most elite drivers. If he was given Vettels Redbull for example he would have an extra 4 and nobody would question that. He'd only need an extra two from the other 9 seasons of his career where he didn't have the best car.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The best drivers get the best cars.
  • The best drivers get the best cars.

Dont agree with that. It's a punt for the driver. It's either the right call or the wrong one. Lewis's move to Mercedes could have gone spectacularly wrong. Riccardo move to Renault looks a bad call at present but it could change for him with the new 2021 season regulations. How a team interprets the rules and regulations of the day ie. 2021 huge influence on the competitiveness of the car and subsequent wins and championships.

Alonso has always been know for not being in the right car on the grid at the right time. Yet he still got 2 world championships and came down to final races on two other occasions. Hes still regarded as one of the best drivers of his generation.

At the moment, it looks like the best of the next generation will be Verstappen, Leclerc and Norris. One of those just needs to be in the right car at the right time and they will probably be a multiple world champion. Easier said than done.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Hamilton dominated Alonso in the same car. Ricardo isn't one of the best drivers.

Verstapen and Leclerc are in the second and third best cars on the grid.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Sainz seems to be getting overlooked. He's doing a phenomenal job this year. I know Norris is an exciting new British talent and that, but his team mate is on it this season.
  • Hamilton dominated Alonso in the same car. Ricardo isn't one of the best drivers.

Verstapen and Leclerc are in the second and third best cars on the grid.

How did Hamilton dominate Alonso when they both finished the season on the same number of points?

Riccardo is widely accepted as one of the best drivers on the grid. Top five on the grid with hamilton, verstappen, leclerc, vettel.

The Mercedes isn't the best car on the grid. Its circuit dependent this year and having the ability to get the tyres into a very narrow optimum operating window. Ferrari are faster in a straight line. RedBull better in slow to medium corners.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Sainz seems to be getting overlooked. He's doing a phenomenal job this year. I know Norris is an exciting new British talent and that, but his team mate is on it this season.

Hes having a very good season for sure. Both drivers are. Good to see mclaren going in the right direction.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!