GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Hamilton should’ve got it

He did well, but overall Albon has had to do more work.
  • Hamilton had a good drive, but I think benefited from circumstances as much as drove well.

He did push the hell out of the car in the last 20 though.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yeah, and he didn't have to pass anyone on track for the win. It doesn't seem right to say he's been the best driver on the day.
  • Hamilton had a good drive, but I think benefited from circumstances as much as drove well.

He did push the hell out of the car in the last 20 though.

Fuck that he did the hard work yesterday splitting the Ferrari’s
    The Forum Herald™
  • Its driver of the day though, not race weekend.
  • Yeah it’s pretty much racists of the day.
    The Forum Herald™
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Fuck off Bob. We're all Hamilton fans, and we've all acknowledged that he had a very good race, we just disagree that he was the best driver on the day. Don't start accusing people of racism just because we disagree on a minor point.
  • Albon my driver of the day to come from 20th. Mercedes got lucky on that win. Vettel is a snake. Cant trust him at all. Him and leclerc will have a major crash before end of season.
  • Fuck off Bob. We're all Hamilton fans, and we've all acknowledged that he had a very good race, we just disagree that he was the best driver on the day. Don't start accusing people of racism just because we disagree on a minor point.

Sorry if that wasn’t clear - he regularly doesn’t get driver of the day - clearly it’s not voted for by badgers so I’m not sure why you’d think I meant you.

Do I think it’s the reason he doesn’t get more votes yes i do - you’re of course welcome to disagree.

I will of course fuck off.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Albon my driver of the day to come from 20th. Mercedes got lucky on that win. Vettel is a snake. Cant trust him at all. Him and leclerc will have a major crash before end of season.

I think it’s safe to say that the Vettel Hamilton Alonsos of this world don’t do well with team orders it’s why they are winners.

I remember Mercedes trying to get Hamilton to let rosberg through at the hungarian gp and him claiming he wasn’t slowing down to let rosberg through

Vettel May have agreed to certain things pre race but you can’t give a tow he took the tow he had the pace I think it reflects badly on leclerc

As always the drivers should do their driving on the track not on the radio.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Fuck off Bob. We're all Hamilton fans, and we've all acknowledged that he had a very good race, we just disagree that he was the best driver on the day. Don't start accusing people of racism just because we disagree on a minor point.
    Sorry if that wasn’t clear - he regularly doesn’t get driver of the day - clearly it’s not voted for by badgers so I’m not sure why you’d think I meant you. Do I think it’s the reason he doesn’t get more votes yes i do - you’re of course welcome to disagree. I will of course fuck off.

I certainly do think there is an element of racism against Hamilton, though I think he is unpopular for other reasons as well.

He's had a few absolutely storming drives coming through the pack to win and driver of the day has gone to someone else. I think today was fair enough though.
  • I’m pretty sure Vettel wasn’t driver of the day however you cut it he didn’t even finish

Still fucking off though to be on the safe side
    The Forum Herald™
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Bob wrote:

Sorry if that wasn’t clear - he regularly doesn’t get driver of the day - clearly it’s not voted for by badgers so I’m not sure why you’d think I meant you.

Do I think it’s the reason he doesn’t get more votes yes i do - you’re of course welcome to disagree.

I will of course fuck off.

Fair enough, I obviously got the wrong end of the stick so I'll apologise. I agree vettel wasn't the best driver of the day, but I don't think ham was either.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Ferrari are getting themselves into a bit of trouble - Leclerc says he still trusts the team (I'm not sure he should) but clearly not his teammate (if ever). Albon was easily my driver of the day. Vote rigged by Liberty Media for bants?
  • Im a big fan of Hamilton, i dont believe the reason he doesnt get enough praise has anything to do with his skin colour personally. He just makes super hard stuff look so ordinary that you forget its super hard for anyone else and hence lack of praise. Example in Monza he was under a second behind leclrec lap after lap. Bottas with fresher tyres couldnt get closer than 3 seconds to leclerc and admitted that it was impossible to drive any closer without the car losing performance and handling.

Agree with Bobs point that hamo/seb/alonso dont do well with team orders thats why they are champions. Leclerc is drawing a line in the sand and effectively saying im not a bottas, im a rosberg to vettels hamilton. If that makes sense. Bottas is a no2 driver where as rosberg never was. Leclerc is ensuring he wont be a no2 and making sure ferrari and vettel know that. It will be interesting if and when vettel leaves and is replaced with mick schmacher (possibly 2021). Schumacher junior and leclerc could be fireworks. No way michaels son joins f1 to be a no2 driver.

RedBull could do with a string number 2 for verstappen. Albon could be that guy.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Ferrari are Italian
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • So one thing that was kept very quiet in the McLaren and Mercedes engine deal was that lando norris is now managed by Mercedes.
  • Anyone know what happens if a f1 race cant take place due to bad weather? Tried to google it briefly and couldnt find a definitive answer.

The typhoon is affecting the rugby and therefore its logical to assume will affect the race this weekend.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Aye they're saying qually might happen on race day.
  • I think it's rare but pretty sure a race has been cancelled before and it's just 'nil point' all round.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I was trying to remember if one has ever been cancelled and i cant recall one. I know malaysia and australia where both red flagged and stopped back in the day after 15 laps or so and half points given. I cant recall a race never starting though.

Will say if your gonna record this gp on your sky box then make sure you have plenty of space available as it could be one of those 6hr plus jobs where they make up crao until the circuit is acceptable for a wet start. Ps. I hate saftey car gp starts.
  • Presumably they'll invoke the new rule when they'll then do a standing start once the water has cleared.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Good point Dino. I remember Canada 2011, set to record the race as I was out, came back about 8pm ish flicked the TV on to catch the recording and the race had not even started. Well it had but had to be red flagged due to the torrential rain. That was when Button came from the back of the pack to beat Vettel on the last lap.What a race...
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Eric wrote:
    Good point Dino. I remember Canada 2011, set to record the race as I was out, came back about 8pm ish flicked the TV on to catch the recording and the race had not even started. Well it had but had to be red flagged due to the torrential rain. That was when Button came from the back of the pack to beat Vettel on the last lap.What a race...

which caused them to introduce a new rule with a maximum race time.

Still suzuka in the wet outta seperate the men from the boys.. if they actually get it going.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yeah. I tried to post earlier but obvs didn't work. Think it's 4 hours max from the start time, race is over regardless at that time.
  • I wouldnt mind not having full race distance for a track like monaco, but suzuka is actually good racing normally. Forgot they changed the rule about not starting behind saftey car.
  • Monaco only needs 2 laps for the race really. They should change it so that they do a qualifying single hot lap shootout ten times over, with each run scoring 1/10th of the normal points! ;)
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Ferrari not looking great it practice. Over half a second off the pace.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Qualy moved to Sunday.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!