• Dinostar77 wrote:
    Surely by the end of his career he'll be Sir Lewis Hamilton.

For sure. 

And SPoY?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yeh defo. Verstrappen will be mega pissed when he learns he didn't get fastest lap and his team didn't tell him. Lol.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Fucking hell, it's turned into Forza Horizon.
  • I see the man with the fastest car has won a prize for being fastest again. Congratulations.
  • Bob wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    For racing? Yeh. Cunt.
    For making it hard when he’s not in competition for the title, for not leaving him a cars width, for enquiring whether the move was legal... I could go on. He’s a cunt,

From the other perspective Hamilton had no real need to put himself at risk to pass him, so could equally argue it's his own fault.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Nah. Just Alonso continuing to a deluded cunt,
    The Forum Herald™
  • Alonso was a knob when it came to Hamilton today. There's being a hard racer and then being just a twat. Alonso was the latter today. Webber was known as a hard racer but he was fair. I think Alonso is agreeved that hamo is on Championship 4 and he's stuck on Championship 2
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It was fair racing. He has every right to defend points. In such a poor season mclaren need as many as they can get.

If Hamilton needs to get past him, we'll then he needs to do it himself, which he did.
  • It wasn’t fair really, he didn’t leave him any room, he knows the car is faster.  

He was being a bellend as he has been all season,

I’m so looking forward to next season when Red Bull show up and smash McLaren with the same engine and Nando is still retiring with engine failure every few races.
    The Forum Herald™
  • What? You guys are fucking off your rockers. Alonso has every right to defend his position and it was about the best bit of toe to toe racing we have had this season. He left him more than enough space. F1 needs more of this from the Alonso's, Verstappen's Hamilton's and Vettel's

As for Vettel meaning to smash into Ham? Really? He had everything to lose nothing to gain, I don't see it.

Ham though a deserved champion. Congratulations to him (I know he reads this thread)
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Nah, Alonso should clearly have pulled over and let Lewis pass him. Maybe even fire off a party popper as he did so, and offer to do his ironing for the week.
  • I didn’t see anyone else forcing vettel or Lewis off the track. Cunt.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Remember when Ham was in the doggo McLaren and how much he loved conceding race places to faster cars? He couldn’t wait to be overtaken. Loved it.
  • I like alonso as a driver. In my top three on the current grid of drivers. However I thought he was being a twat with Lewis. It's not like McLaren can catch anyone in the contrusctors championship now. I like hard driving but Alonso pushed it a little too far imho.
  • It’s slower to defend against a faster car instead of just letting him past so most drivers don’t bother since they’ll inevitably lose the place anyway and end up under more pressure from the real competition. Some drivers (Hamilton, Alonso) are different and won’t ever give up a place willingly.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    I like alonso as a driver. In my top three on the current grid of drivers. However I thought he was being a twat with Lewis. It's not like McLaren can catch anyone in the contrusctors championship now. I like hard driving but Alonso pushed it a little too far imho.

So? He was in a points position. Why on earth should he be expected to give up a place just because it's Hamilton?

Did Hamilton complain at all about the defensive manoeuvres? I didn't hear him.
  • Anyway, never mind bitter deck chAir boy.,

Wrapped up the fourth title with two races to spare. He’s been unstoppable since the summer break. Not sure he’ll get seven titles but I’d fancy his chance of beating the race win record.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Surely by the end of his career he'll be Sir Lewis Hamilton.

For sure. 

And SPoY?

Perhaps: but mo farah should win it first.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    This has been quite the season even if we've been robbed of a final round showdown. I'm mostly just glad that Vettel didn't win it - that would have been unbearable to watch after his behaviour this year...
  • Next season could be an absolute belter. RedBull look very strong as do Ferrari. Mclaren have a very good chassis and Renault will improve as well. Mercedes will have a tough time coming out on top again.

Don't think hamo will get to Schumacher 7 titles. Surely he can win another one in next 4 seasons.
  • I hope the season is close again. It was refreshing to have a formula 1 season where the end result was not inevitable for the most part.

I’d like to see next year a decrease in chat about “we expect this car to struggle/do really well at the next track”.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Next season could be an absolute belter. RedBull look very strong as do Ferrari. Mclaren have a very good chassis and Renault will improve as well. Mercedes will have a tough time coming out on top again. Don't think hamo will get to Schumacher 7 titles. Surely he can win another one in next 4 seasons.

Red Bull look incredibly strong and I very much doubt Mclaren Chassis is anywhere near it.. I think Alonso is going to look very stupid next year after his year of bullshit this year.
    The Forum Herald™
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Next season could be an absolute belter. RedBull look very strong as do Ferrari. Mclaren have a very good chassis and Renault will improve as well. Mercedes will have a tough time coming out on top again. Don't think hamo will get to Schumacher 7 titles. Surely he can win another one in next 4 seasons.

I was also thinking that. I can't imagine anyone ever equalling Schumacher's record.
    F1 changed too much since his time.

For the better by the look of things.

And look how hard it was for Ham, when a half decent driver was on the same team.
    Just imagine if Max Verstappen got the other seat at Mercedes...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • First details for the new engine plans for 2021 released:
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/formula-1-reveals-details-of-2021-engine-plan-973420/

I think given they were always going to stick with some form of 1.6l hybrid, it seems fairly good.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • So effectively three more seasons of the rules as they pretty much are at present. If mercedes can fix the high downforce /low grip issues with the car and keep ever so slightly ahead of Ferrari. Hamilton could in theory win the championship for the next three seasons.
    Its never that simple in f1. I think verstappen will win the championship within the next three years.
  • Red bull has to be the best chassis by some margin... but I fear Renault will keep him off the top spot.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yep for next season then unless RB are successful in negotiations with Aston Martin, Honda will too!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Congrats Hamo, hands down best British driver ever. A born Brit winner, a true great.

We all accept your greatness now and forever.
  • Eric wrote:
    Yep for next season then unless RB are successful in negotiations with Aston Martin, Honda will too!

No way Aston are getting involved pre new regulations
    The Forum Herald™
  • Agreed. VW / Aston / Ford etc all will wait till the spec and costs have been agreed. I'd expect a tender of interest to go out to various engine manufacturers to provide an independent engine for any teams who want one.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!