1>2>3, 1>3>2, 2>1>3, 2>3>1, 3>1>2, or 3>2>1
  • 3 is the best one, though. Solid feeling world, is 3.
  • Nina wrote:
    First was good enough to make me play the second one, which wasn't good enough to make me try the third.

What surprised me, was that not only did the thugs know how to get in, they always managed to find rooms with the "perfect" layout for an exciting firefight. Or they had enough time to walk around with all those stones.

I'm surprised you liked the first and not the second. I thought they did a great job of expanding the spectacle and tightening the gunplay some.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    It was mainly the last boss, hated that a lot. Plus the predictable battle grounds. Nothing felt exciting, as it was always clear what was gonna happen. Some fight on an endless train and helicopters was another bad section for me.
    Didn't care for Drake and all his talking, but that goes for Lara as well. Didn't finish Tomb Raider, mainly because she was just saying stupid stuff and again, predictable battle grounds.

Had a hard time with the Last of Us too, better than the Uncharteds but it still had bad sections.

A pretty game is nothing if the gameplay ain't solid. And voice acting should be brought back to a minimum.
  • MGS3>MGS1>MGS2
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I spose if you don't like the characters then you're gonna have a bad time. As you say, Nina, there's not much to the gameplay really. Apart from going through the motions of a linear cover shooter.
    If it didn't have the set pieces I probably wouldn't have gotten so into it. They do spectacle well.
    I can't wait to see what they pull out of the ps4
  • Characters were indeed horrible.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • it was the overall spectacle of 2 that makes it my fave, that and i hadn't really played a lot of similar 'set piece' games before so the whole thing was just a brilliant 'ride' to play along - at least until the final boss which was utter shit.  but other than that it hit a sweet spot between decent mechanics and a helter skelter interactive blockbuster ride.
    3 suffers from the normal blockbuster thing - it's just everything dialled up a notch, more shooting and more explosions, but that just made it seem a bit too much of a chore having been through it with 2, and exposed the 'linear cover shooter' more, and I'm not really a big fan of shooters in general.
    1 to be honest i haven't played much...had the demo and one or two goes at it, but it just felt too clunky mechanically that it didn't interest me (this was before it became a big thing and number 2 got such high praise)...i've never felt the urge to go back.  obviously the flaw with just playing demo bits is you get the shooting and none of the 'story' bits but...
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!