Winner was announced only today.

Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Another vote for shadow broker here.
  • davyK wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Mushihimesama Futari Black Label  - arguably better than the main game itself.
    Goddamn yeah. So good
    DDP Resurrection has DLC too - version 1.x or something like that - can't remember. There's also something with Muchi Muchi Pork and Pink Sweets that merges the bosses of the 2 games?
    Nah; no big changes.  Unless Ketsuipachi was DLC for DDP:R?? I have the standalone release.
    There's 1.5 mode and BL available for DLC with DDP:Res (accoring to a web search I've just done). Was only aware of 1.5 mode - must check out the BL mode.

In that case, my vote would go for DDP BL over Mushi BL. Whilst the latter made an already great game better, the DLC wasn't as significantly different as for DDP. Ketsuipachi, a cross between DDP and Ketsui, was in DDP BL I believe and its blood amazing.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message

opforz-noscale.jpg 
    338454125.jpg
    artorias_of_the_abyss_by_anteal-d6xkxr1.png

Dishonored.jpg

Waiting for The Old Hunters.
  • 5. Driveclub.
    4. Dark souls. (artorious of the abbys)
    3. Fallout 3. (point lookout).
    2. Wipeout hd (fury).
    1. The last of us (left behind).
  • I've rarely gone down the DLC route.

Storm Island, NFS: Hot Pursuit, L4D, MK8 and songs for Rock Band are all I can think of.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Actually I downloaded extra songs for Samba de Amigo on Dreamcast too! :)

They were free.
  • Olimite wrote:
    Taken King is standalone isn't it?

Nah, clearly counts as DLC. I bought it as pure DLC, and any of the disc releases work as a GOTY addition, IMO.

It'll be in my list, almost by default, because I haven't played an MMO proper before, and they tend to have fairly expansive and gamechanging updates when they're proper expansions. 

I mean it fixes way more than it regresses, and it adds a bunch of awesome stuff, from weapons, to maps, to gametypes to just more general content. Upgrade paths and mechanics are better, hud and other UI/menu stuff is better. Everything is better.

Just having a look at the DLC for H2 again is interesting. Front loaded, in that the first pack had 5 maps, and then the next 2 had 2.

Also interesting re longevity and the nature of the console online FPS landscape that there was a 4th map pack before 3 dropped on 360 as folks were playing H2 almost right up until the release of 3.

I may even have to vote for the second map pack (called Killtactular) Sanctuary and Turf. That there is quality over quantity.

Even though I never finished it, Dark Souls DLC was awesome, and awesomely implemented.

I have thoughts in the back of my mind of games that did more interesting things with DLC, but can't think of them, outside of the obvious "add zombies" shtick, see Red Dead.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • digi wrote:
    5. Driveclub. 4. Dark souls. (artorious of the abbys) 3. Fallout 3. (point lookout). 2. Wipeout hd (fury). 1. The last of us (left behind).

Good call with Wipeout Fury that was class
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    1. Trials HD DLC
    2. Trials Evo DLC
    3. Trials Fusion DLC
    4. Blands 2 Tiny Tina thing
    5. Peggle Nights

That's about the only DLC I've paid for. Artorias was good but I only went through it once.
  • Eric wrote:
    digi wrote:
    5. Driveclub. 4. Dark souls. (artorious of the abbys) 3. Fallout 3. (point lookout). 2. Wipeout hd (fury). 1. The last of us (left behind).
    Good call with Wipeout Fury that was class

The only game i wish would be redone for current gen, would re-buy in a heart beat.
  • How the fuck is hl op for dlc.
  • There were no dl back then!!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    WipEout HD Fury, Uncharted 2's two map packs, and Super Street Fighter IV.
  • Taken King is not stand alone. If you buy it on it's own, it will not function without the base game.

I don't really count map packs or Rock Band songs. Different beast for me.

This has made me realise I don't buy DLC. I guess that by default it's probably Taken King and the FFXI expansions.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    There were no dl back then!!

Mate, expansions. Bend your mind, dawg and think of DLC then as Disc Loadable Content.

Fuck you.
  • I really like in opposing force that you can jump in the teleporter to xen after Gordon but get cancelled out for creating time anomaly.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Yur Valve have never come out and acknowledged OpFor officially but it adds so many fun weapons (like an arm mounted barnacle), aliens and levels while tying really neatly into G's game.
  • Halo 3 would almost count as an expansion pack. Was a bit short though.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Taken King obviously and while I've not played much of it the Driveclub season pass is stupendous value.

• MK8
    Fire Emblem
    SFIV
    Plants vs Zombies 2
    Kingdom Rush: Origins
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • 1) Storm Island
    2) MK8
    3) NFS: Hot Pursuit
    4) Samba de Amigo
    5) Left 4 Dead
  • I haven't played much DLC. My Dark Souls II came with all the DLC packs and they were all great. Alan Wake American Nightmare was good. Oh and a shout out to The Force Unleashed's Battle of Endor DLC for letting us slaughter ewoks.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Mushihimesama Futari Black Label  - arguably better than the main game itself.
    Goddamn yeah. So good
    DDP Resurrection has DLC too - version 1.x or something like that - can't remember. There's also something with Muchi Muchi Pork and Pink Sweets that merges the bosses of the 2 games?
    Nah; no big changes.  Unless Ketsuipachi was DLC for DDP:R?? I have the standalone release.
    There's 1.5 mode and BL available for DLC with DDP:Res (accoring to a web search I've just done). Was only aware of 1.5 mode - must check out the BL mode.
    In that case, my vote would go for DDP BL over Mushi BL. Whilst the latter made an already great game better, the DLC wasn't as significantly different as for DDP. Ketsuipachi, a cross between DDP and Ketsui, was in DDP BL I believe and its blood amazing.

Really? Have to check this out. Maybe that DLC didn't come in EU - but given DDP:Res in PAL is a deluxe version with soundtrack etc I'd expect that to be available.  v1.5 was dirt cheap if I remember but I don't recall seeing BL being available.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • OVERLORD DLC FROM MASS EFFECT 2 IN THA HIZZOUSE!
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Best DLC of all time you say?

That would be the newly released EDGE Forum Maroon Room Archive.

thread over

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    1.  Forza Horizon 2 - Storm Island 

2.  Wipeout HD - Fury

3.  Star Wars Battlefront - Season Pass

BECAUSEMOARSTARWARSCANONLYBETHE BESTTHINGEVA

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • @davyk: BL wasn't released in west as far as I know. Only region locked Jap.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Ah. Pity.

I haven't really delved into DDP:Res anyhow - seems plenty of content in there to be getting on with. I got it the same time as Mushi Futari so it hasn't had much attention.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • The extra arrange modes on that are wonderful too. Try them. I do love the game.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!