Diablo IV
  • I can get this for £30 from Tesco and I'm interested but after reading the Edge review it mentions co-op not being too good when you have differing character levels , is that right ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    doesnt it just go by the hosts level?
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Here's what Edge said

It is fun, as long as you and your chum commit to creating a character at the same time. If no pact exists and one of you is already level ten when the other begins, there’s no satisfying way to play together. Repeating the early quests will be a bore for the higher level character, while all but the most basic enemies will crush the newcomer in a single hit.

Even if you have separate co-op characters specifically for the purpose, it’s an imperfect union. As soon as one character finds a bundle of loot, the inventory pops up, and the other players have to twiddle their thumbs till the important decisions are made.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    sounds like the host level is used as usual. Only way would be to have a seperate co-op character. I usually do or get the host to do all the damage then I get the last hit in and get a load of xp and boost my level quickly.

There will be ways around it and Id imagine @speedhaak or anyone else could suggest better ways
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'm in the process of downloading the client. It's now installing something, lets hope it's the starter that I've only just found out about!
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Here's what Edge said It is fun, as long as you and your chum commit to creating a character at the same time. If no pact exists and one of you is already level ten when the other begins, there’s no satisfying way to play together. Repeating the early quests will be a bore for the higher level character, while all but the most basic enemies will crush the newcomer in a single hit. Even if you have separate co-op characters specifically for the purpose, it’s an imperfect union. As soon as one character finds a bundle of loot, the inventory pops up, and the other players have to twiddle their thumbs till the important decisions are made.

They've totally missed the point of co op...
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    So can I buy this digitally anywhere other than direct on the Diablo site? It's £45 there.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Subbax wrote:
    So can I buy this digitally anywhere other than direct on the Diablo site? It's £45 there.
    30 quid from here http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/diablo-iii-3-pc-mac
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    ive used em for psn points and had the code with in a hour. CJSkeys or whatever they are do it with instant code for 32. I used em once but never again after a load of shit
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I found Mod's link and have been hovering over the buy button on CJS. I had checked some of the other ones but hadn't noticed the cheaper one. Ta!

I played up until Skeleton King this morning as a Monk and I'm kinda interested in getting the whole game now.

What hassles did CJS give you?
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Screw it. Upgraded to standard edition. Hopefully get some more hours to tonight.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    I had a few issues in terms of passing their ridiculous screening process. Much to say they sorted it out but only after I got heavy.

I have you on my bnet list dont I? I may be a round later and wouldnt mind starting a new build, If you want company
  • Urggh...they were kind of right about the targeting system for ranged classes on console weren't they?  There is a lock-on feature, but (unless I'm missing something here) you can't actually cycle through available targets with it.  Making it a bit of a hit 'n' miss affair when trying to get at high priority mobs.

It's by no means a deal breaker, and selecting targets by lining up in their general direction works half the time.  But it really does lack the finesse provided by the PC's mouse.

Still, it's got its claw in me, and I can forgive its foibles for now....
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I had read that holding down a targetting button allowed you to cycle/select your target? Haven't got it though so have no way of knowing if true or helps...
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Urggh...they were kind of right about the targeting system for ranged classes on console weren't they?  There is a lock-on feature, but (unless I'm missing something here) you can't actually cycle through available targets with it.  Making it a bit of a hit 'n' miss affair when trying to get at high priority mobs. It's by no means a deal breaker, and selecting targets by lining up in their general direction works half the time.  But it really does lack the finesse provided by the PC's mouse. Still, it's got its claw in me, and I can forgive its foibles for now....

As much as they try and as ingenious the solution, it's never going to match the precision offered by KB&M. :/
  • isanbard wrote:
    I had read that holding down a targetting button allowed you to cycle/select your target? Haven't got it though so have no way of knowing if true or helps...

In lock-on mode, a simple press of L/R on D-pad or corresponding touch on shoulder buttons should've allowed a quick cycle through targets. I do find its omission quite strange.

But still, time to return for some more....
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    RetroGam3r wrote:
    I had a few issues in terms of passing their ridiculous screening process. Much to say they sorted it out but only after I got heavy. I have you on my bnet list dont I? I may be a round later and wouldnt mind starting a new build, If you want company
    Nah, I've no friends. Last time I was on bnet was back in 2000 so I created a new account. Do you need my name with the number part on? Would be happy to party up. How does the voice comms work? Only used Steam for gaming so far.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    isanbard wrote:
    In lock-on mode, a simple press of L/R on D-pad or corresponding touch on shoulder buttons should've allowed a quick cycle through targets. I do find its omission quite strange. But still, time to return for some more....

The thought of hitting an elite champion with a gang of mobs defending on hell mode with auto targeting sounds... challenging.

Seems the reviews suggest you use the snazzy new rolling move thingy to fudge and force the target. Some folks suggest it adds a new mobile dynamic? Would be interested to see how you get on. Have you done some time with the PC version?
  • So, after a few hours of this I'm finding it pretty repetitive. Does the whole game entail wandering through isometric corridors hitting things and smashing bookcases? All I've actually done in the last few hours is bash buttons and collect stuff. Is this really the game many PC gamers were hailing as amazing? Turns out I've not missed much then. Also, what kind of game let's you breeze through a massive cathedral with barely a hiccup, only to be smashed repeatedly by the boss? Seems terribly unbalanced. The big red highlight around enemies and destructible objects looks very out of date and graphically I'm not blown away at all. What on earth was the fuss about?

The whole thing feels a bit, well, shallow.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Loot 'em ups are like this, it's all about the erhm, loot :)
  • Hmm. I think I'll give it a miss then. Another grand waste of money. Can't see where the fun is at all.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Loot all the loots, open all the talents and then start speccing your little dude/ette. If you're bored now.. you kind of need to finish it all about 4 times. hehe.

The first run through is easy and dull really as the subsequent runs allow you to get the better abilities and have a harder level of grunt. The tougher average bastards also get replaced with much tougher average bastards (champions, elites etc) who also have more bastardy attacks, abilities and traps that mean you have to get smarter to avoid and survive. 
    I liked the clicky, clicky version before the Auction House eventually killed my fun and now with the rolly, roll new version I could see a few runs again when it goes cheap.
  • If it only gets going after four playthroughs then it's definitely not for me!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Does the whole game entail wandering through isometric corridors hitting things and smashing bookcases?

This is like questioning the fundamentals of organizing plummeting bricks in Tetris.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Second playthrough is a lot more meaty and involved, the third is where I gave up. It seemed to be the point where the loot  system of shite just forced you into the AH and its buy to win thing. Did not really like. 

On a console with a some party chat Mp to soften the dull bits I'd have thought you should be in for a good ol' time if you stick with it.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I got bored halfway through my Nightmare run with a Witchdoctor. Didn't help that only a couple of skills for WD were viable when you ventured into harder difficulties. Even exploding frogs got dull.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I've started on Normal and it's far too easy. I think I may restart on hard.
  • Can you not change the difficulty on the fly?
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I didn't think so. I'll check later on.

Finished Act One last night, great stuff so far.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Just got this because I'm sick of my mate texting me about it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!