FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Online? On a SWITCH? ARE YOU INSANE?!

:D
  • Insane in the membrane mate! I've bought more Switch software I haven't played than I know what to do with.
    The Forum Herald™
  • A free language pack download is required for English .. there’s five gig I’m never gonna see again.

The text is tiny but clear.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Well I can confirm it’s all there.. opening cinematics, massive off options and menus. Have selected a new build and whilst it’s tiny on the handheld screen it’s crystal clear and buttery smooth  and looks exactly like I remember on ps3. Can’t wait to get stuck in.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm up for a bit of online co-op. Monday night is Switch MHGU but available outside of that.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • I was going to ask our D3 experts what's the most efficient way to start afresh? I don't want to arse about with story mode if I can help it.

Got to level 45 in adventure mode completing bounties in a few hours.

What's the crack?
  • Adventuresand counties are the ticket, yep. Rifts as soon as you can manage them. Push for Torment difficulty ASSP, big XP gains (the stat changes are easy to google)
  • Cheers Tempy. When you hit Rifts do you try and climb floors as much as possible or grind out a floor fully.

Never done them before apart from one yesterday.
  • Dunno why Blizzard has deliberately sabotaged the USP of its Switch port, it's mobility, by now announcing a Diablo-for-phones....
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Dat Chinese money yo.
  • Aye, and if Diablo Immortal really is just a re-skin of a NetEase mobile game, it isn't gonna be the full-fat Diablo experience that D3 on the Switch offers and isn't gonna appeal to that crowd.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Dunno why Blizzard has deliberately sabotaged the USP of its Switch port, it's mobility, by now announcing a Diablo-for-phones....

2lqwad.jpg
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I’m really digging the switch version, the only issue being my commute isn’t long enough, itching to play more during lunch.

I started a seasonal character, and just going through the story to begin with, seeing as I’ve never finished it. Will go through adventure/bounties etc once that’s done. I turned the difficulty up and I have been hit once or twice more, so that’s progress... might need to up it again. The main issue is my necromancer throws an ungodly amount of stuff at them so they haven’t a chance to get close.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    I turned the difficulty up and I have been hit once or twice more, so that’s progress... might need to up it again. The main issue is my necromancer throws an ungodly amount of stuff at them so they haven’t a chance to get close.
    Loving this on the Switch too. 

I've whacked it up to Expert now and it's still very easy. Occasionally take damage but it's never a concern (Necromancer too). Still fairly early on so it may change I guess?
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Lol it will change trust me. Once you start the end-game you'll be exposed to a multitude of tiered difficulties with greater rift runs and whatever else has been released since I last played.

What a great gamer though, hope you all enjoy it.
  • Just did My First Rift. That was a lot of fun.
  • Stupid question incoming... Is the action of playing this at all like, say, Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance or modern Gauntlet? When I watch videos it never entirely clear how the player is controlling the characters, and the only description I’ve ever read equates to using the mouse, which obviously isn’t what’s happening on console.

And god forbid they should make a demo available on consoles...
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It’s very similar in play style to the Dark Alliance games, I would say.
    Get schwifty.
  • If anyone's about tonight to show a rusty barbarian some moves let me know. Should be available soon, after dinner.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I have this on Xbox and Ps4, but I want it on Switch too. Stupid game.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    It’s very similar in play style to the Dark Alliance games, I would say.

Cheers.
  • Season noob question. Do you have to clear the bounties and bosses to "progress"?
  • No idea Gav. Similar noob myself.

Got 54 wizard last night, but just in adventure mode. Not tried the season stuff. Not sure if that's "right" lol
  • I'm confused now. Went back to the main menu to change some options and when I went back to Adventure Mode my progress made with bounties on the map screen had disappeared?

So how do I complete the 0/4 bit on the bottom left of the seasons screen? It's related to the acts but I've no idea how. Halp.
  • Am I the only one playing through the campaign...? Well anyway nearly finished act 1 today, will try and grab some more time tonight and finish it. Upped the difficulty and had to use a potion once since, so that’s something.

As a Necro- Am loving the golem, but wonder if the skeletons are better for crowd control?
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Everyone should play through the campaign, it's go some great Boss Battles. used to be mandatory to play through the campaign first, when I last played.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I’m playing the campaign. Act two is go.
    Get schwifty.
  • I'm confused now. Went back to the main menu to change some options and when I went back to Adventure Mode my progress made with bounties on the map screen had disappeared?

So how do I complete the 0/4 bit on the bottom left of the seasons screen? It's related to the acts but I've no idea how. Halp.

From memory bounties are daily so progress clears each day.

The 0/4 I’m hazy on, I assume it is the 4 things you have to complete for your current chapter in the Season Journey, which you’ll want to do as you get a drop from certain chapters which contains part of your Seasonal Set Gear (unique Green coloured armour)

I’d have to log-in to double check all that though. Your main thing to do right now is level to 70 as fast as you can, and maybe grind out the first chapter of Campaign so you can get Leoric’s Crown which is a guaranteed drop which gives an XP boost. If you’ve not finished the campaign, do that first.

Also I strongly suggest you read a seasons guide if that’s what you’re planning on doing, cos there is a lot to it and you can easily waste your time if you don’t know what the set up is. Let me tell you for example, about Kanai’s Cube, which amongst many other lets you dismantle Legendary gear and store it’s unique properties to a slot that you can then toggle on and off.

BUT, it isn’t always the unique ability that you get from the gear when it is equipped. There are three slots (armour, weapon, trinket) and they’re key to most of the good Season builds.
  • Hmmmm. I've got crazy loot (compared to Campaign at least) from Adventure mode but I guess I can head back and get the story done. Should be on expert soon.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!