Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - Now with Welsh accent
  • Ok thanks fellas.

Elf I'm reeling from two holidays, ideally I'd get Ni No for 20 with no book, and trade in other things for Rising later.

Zavvi looking like my best bet for now then - they are runnnig a discount code as I understand it?
  • That one's Japanese, but is the one that comes with the plush edition Japanese?
  • Yep 10POG or POG10 , £31.46 good price
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    JMW wrote:
    That one's Japanese, but is the one that comes with the plush edition Japanese?

I believe that one is in English.
    Get schwifty.
  • Apart from language, what else is different, if anything? I fucking hate not being able to have EVERYTHING!!!

Nick, I reckon if you can only afford one, Revengeance is a much safer bet.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Right, pre-ordered the Japanese book offer, they'd better not shaft me.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    JMW wrote:

looks like english from the unboxing vids.
    so much other stuff inside too, art works, soundtrack, coin, etc.
    (thats the wizards edition right?)
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Ordered the Wizard's Edition of this for my Ghibli obsessed daughter's birthday.  (We tend to play games together.)  Unfortunately, it's not her birthday for another month.  Patience, robot man, patience...

(Tried the demo.  Was enough to convince of the beauty of the world, and the surprisingly well localised phrases used by the weird welsh thing.  Died a couple of times before we worked out what the hell was going on though.)
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    We don't get the soundtrack unfortunately.
    Get schwifty.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:

fuck!!!

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    daviedigi wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    fuck!!!

Fuck indeed.  Meant to be a cracker, too, being composed by Ghibli regular Joe Hisaishi.
    Get schwifty.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    daviedigi wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    fuck!!!
    Fuck indeed.  Meant to be a cracker, too, being composed by Ghibli regular Joe Hisaishi.

exactlly.
    its it just eu that dont get it?
    im considering getting it from states or elsewere.

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    States version gets the soundtrack.
    Get schwifty.
  • I posted the Edge score some days ago, but here is the review online as well:

http://www.edge-online.com/review/ni-no-kuni-review/
  • Is it the full soundtrack, though? Most of the times, it's just a few sample tracks. FFXIII-2 bucked the trend.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • daviedigi wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    JMW wrote:

looks like english from the unboxing vids.
    so much other stuff inside too, art works, soundtrack, coin, etc.
    (thats the wizards edition right?)

Right. That's what confused me about the previous link I questioned [shakes fist at Kerno], the site didn't really say anything about the book but the video in the link was obviously some old japanese edition vid with subs, so obviously their book will be in Japanese!

So, the Game preorder book is Japanese but the soopa plush edition book is in English, amirite?

For me a book with spells and character information/folklore in Japanese is a bit pointless.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Seems the UK get stiffed a bit as we didn't have the Ninostarter promo here. No extra pics, coin or soundtrack sadly. 

Plushie and apparently beautiful (English) game-book tie in. The soundtrack may have to be acquired if they insist on buggering about with us.

Edit: Lots of eager requests (denied outright due to costs though) of getting the DS port now that the big book has finally been translated. It was mentioned that that [articular job has taken a good portion of the delay so could yet be a lovely looking thing and well adapted to the west… possibly.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Gotta say, that EDGE review reads like a 9.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Have avoided all reviews after trying the first demo forest level and proving it worked for me. Thing of beauty, JRPG grinding, Z targetty combat(ish). 
    Reviews mean very little after all that and come as no particular surprise..still great to see the numbers rolling in mind! It was always gonna be a good'un.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Plornt wrote:
    I posted the Edge score some days ago, but here is the review online as well: http://www.edge-online.com/review/ni-no-kuni-review/

Thanks for posting.  I've been following reviews for this game as they've been coming out over the past week and I really enjoyed reading through the Edge one.  There's something to be said for a well written review.  I do wish the author had gone into a little more detail about what he didn't like about the game though.  He mentions the threadbare premise but not much after.

I realize that games don't start at a "10" but there wasn't much in the way of exposition about what he didn't like specifically.  Surely a cliché'd premise isn't worth deducting 2 whole points?

Either way, this is the most excited I've been for a game in a long time and will probably have to dig into savings to pre-order this.
  • Didn't know you had you're eye on it too Crispy, we should rip through some of it together at some point.
  • Yah have been hankering to get lost in a single player game for some time now.  RE6 didn't do it for me but from what I've read, this will.  Local session on release day à la Artorias?  Next Tues or Wed I believe.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    This doesn't seem like the sorta game you can 'share'. Surely it's a more personal experience like all good yarns?
  • I'm confused, Game has the Japanese hardback wizard books to go with the normal edition of the game when you preorder for 39£ but only in limited numbers?

Or you can get the wizard edition with an English book, plush toy and dlc for 70£

Glad I speak a bit of Japanese then! Weird bonus offer though, a book that most people can't understand?!   Just hope they've got enough of them to go round, I'm a bit dubious.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Leftover stock from the Japanese release of the DS game, perhaps?
    Get schwifty.
  • That's what I would have thought, but it's sold out. At least on the import sites anyway.  Not that I'm complaining mind, just confused!
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Ugh, I just can't resist hardback strategy guides.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    so iv just pre-orderd from psn instead, 49.99 with 2 exclusive familuars.
    (griffy and fluterby)
    the familuars actually download straight away and the game auto-downloads on 28th ready for play on the 1st.
    quite cool i thought.......

theres no money in my account though and no card set so i guess i could cancel and keep the familuars if game come thru with the full wizards edition?

saw someone on my friendslist playing the full game too, jealus as funk.

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Is it possible to get all the promotional familiars somehow? I suspect this is going to end up being a bit of a mare.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    i read somewere that they will all be released over time, and the exclusive ones are just some diffrent coloured ones from normal, i.e same powers and stuff.
    can also be caught later in the game or something.

not sure how much of thats true though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!