Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Obama didn't get long before people started to demand the change that was promised.
    8 years later, less patient and more rabid voters will turn very quickly if Trump doesn't deliver, which of course he can't.

Trump's also taking office with the lowest approval ratings in history.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    https://twitter.com/TomNamako/status/822909649980690433

Its like a drunk guy down the pub you'd actively avoid. Slurring, half the chat leads nowhere and all of a sudden he's fully embraced God. Blatant dishonesty. Next he'll be saying he served in Vietnam and killed 100 VietCong with his bare hands.

Are we sure this isn't some bizarro episode of The Thick of It?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Butt-hurt, much.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Nest bit is the CIA not reacting to a single thing he said whilst his crew and planted peeps cheered and wooped from the sidelines throughout his speech. Just a..yeah...what.
  • Trump saying god wouldn't let it rain on his speech, but blaming the forecast for turnout.
    The inauguration has been in January since the 1930s (prior to then it was in March), I would put money on more people turning out in worse weather in the past.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm fucking down the rabbit hole on this shit til some cunt shoots him, like. Once his redneck YEEHAA incest pig-fucking low IQ cretin shite for fucking breakfast racist followers realise there's no wall, no curb-stomping of ethnics, no new right to shoot someone who looks at you the wrong way, its gonna get hectic up in the YewEssEeehhh
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    He also said this:

With regards to Bush's false war:

“We should have kept the oil. Maybe we’ll have another chance.”

And this, from here: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-cia-langley-233971
    Speaking Saturday in front of the wall memorializing fallen officers at CIA headquarters, Trump promised to give the intelligence community his full backing, and hinted at loosening rules on torture put in place under President Barack Obama in the fight against ISIS. "We haven’t used the abilities we’ve got. We’ve been restrained," Trump said.

He drew laughs from the crowd when he described reporters as "the most dishonest human beings" and claimed he'd drawn as many as 1.5 million people to his inauguration despite official estimates closer to 200,000 and repeated images of empty standing spaces.

He thinks he's playing The Sims and he's started a fire in the kitchen and locked every cunt in there whilst cutting off the water supply.
  • For all the talk of nuclear missiles and assassinations I can see this term being a limp cock. In less than 24 hours it is already unravelling.
    The problem with having a consumerist, instant satisfaction society is they can't even wait a day before they want results.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Foreign countries who rely on USA for aid, are gonna be shitting themselves.
    Please explain.
    hi

Didn't trump basically say "for too long we've been giving money to other countries [as aid], while ours crumbles".

i.e. we're going to stop giving that aid money

i.e. people who have been receiving that aid money will get less

i.e. some of them will be shitting themselves cos they fricking will need it & it's a gross dereliction of duty just to go "fuck em, they're not american", but yay borders.

With respect, I wasn't asking for your opinion.

I know, you asked for an explanation of why countries who receive foreign aid from the US might be nervous of a Trump presidency. Which is what you got.

If you'd asked for an opinion I'd have said something more like "posts by SpaceGazelle after 8pm aren't worth reading because they're consistently drunk / grumpy / incomprehensible". But lo I've broken that rule, and anyway that's probably just you doing life / the Internet right and me doing it wrong so whatevs.

Calm down ffs. I don't need clarification on why Trump is a fucking idiot tyvm. I'm intrigued by the other side though, because all of a sudden this shit actually matters.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Let's give him a chance and see what he does. He did have a go at the Washington elite who sat behind him in his speech. Sure that was awkward for them. He was pro military (which is a good side to be on) and he even mentioned exploring the mysteries of space (hopefully nasa will get same levels or more funding).

Also of what he said would be difficult to achieve, but let's see how he does. As long as he doesn't piss off/interfere too much with the military industrial complex he'll be fine. I have a feeling they will butt heads. After all there are ridiculous amounts of money (trillions) that go missing/unaccounted for into the military machine. So much so that USA audit office (can't recall their name) are gonna audit the pentagon for the first time in its history. Pentagon do have 3 years to prepare for the audit so the ultra ultra black stuff will be cleverly moved/hidden before the audit begins. A lot of money going to militray/industrial complex that could be used to rebuild USA infrastructure.

That's my two pence anyway.

Oh dear.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'm getting visions of Trump's team doctoring those photos Stalin style.
  • With Britain, USA, Russia and maybe France being right (wing) fuckups lately, I'm going for China for four years. They're the only permanent member of the security council who have commited anything towards climate change policy who is likely to stick to it. I don't like their actions in the South China Sea, but I don't see any reason why they can't aspire to have a strong Navy in principle (implications for Taiwan are one reason, however). Their rise will be a wake up call to the USA to stop being a beligerent super power.

China - Germany - India - Canada - New Zealand global alliance please.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Well to be fair, China saying they will do better at climate change is like the pikey down the road saying he will stop burning tyres one day a week.
  • China is already tight with Germany, Canada and NZ, but the India relationship is complicated. I'll work on it. ;)

And yeah, China are spending ridiculous amounts of money on renewables and climate change related tech. They're the real deal when it comes to this.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The new Third World.
  • Well to be fair, China saying they will do better at climate change is like the pikey down the road saying he will stop burning tyres one day a week.

China spends more on renewables than the entire US and EU budgets combined.

Power in China is sitting at just under 25% renewable!

China is no. 1 in the world for wind power generation.

China is no.1 in the world for photovolactic.

China is no.1 in the world for hydro. Or, at least, it was - can't find the newest numbers.

China produces more power from renewables than France and Germany's renewable and non-renewable power output combined.

China is building 50 (!) nuclear power stations to try to reduce reliance on coal in the short term.

China is still growing at a rate of 6.7% this year and is trying to manage expansion and building on a scale never before seen in the course of history, which needs power NOW! But they're making sure to do more than any single country on earth to do their bit on climate change.

They're committed - far more than we are.
  • China is already tight with Germany, Canada and NZ, but the India relationship is complicated. I'll work on it. ;) And yeah, China are spending ridiculous amounts of money on renewables and climate change related tech. They're the real deal when it comes to this.

The thing that encourages me with China-India is that both countries are historically quite non-interfering outside their borders. I'm ignorant about their relationship though. 

I heard a radio interview this week about China's ambitions for Pacific capability by 2049. The fear in the West is that this will take them to the centre of the ocean within range of Hawaii, midway islands etc. The commentator made one salient point though: China is not and has not been an expansionist country in its history (is this true?). There's no reason to really fear them as there is with, say, the Soviets or US freedom spreading.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • @cinty - regarding nuclear, there is apparently collaboration with Chinese and some US scientists on reviving molten salt (thorium) reactors. That could yield amazing results if they can overcome the engineering issues around the piping.
  • Vela wrote:
    China is already tight with Germany, Canada and NZ, but the India relationship is complicated. I'll work on it. ;) And yeah, China are spending ridiculous amounts of money on renewables and climate changde related tech. They're the real deal when it comes to this.

The thing that encourages me with China-India is that both countries are historically quite non-interfering outside their borders. I'm ignorant about their relationship though. 

I heard a radio interview this week about China's ambitions for Pacific capability by 2049. The fear in the West is that this will take them to the centre of the ocean within range of Hawaii, midway islands etc. The commentator made one salient point though: China is not and has not been an expansionist country in its history (is this true?). There's no reason to really fear them as there is with, say, the Soviets or US freedom spreading.

China's "empire" was always within its current borders - Qing Shi Huang and the Three Kingdoms periods beings cases in point. It has never been an aggressor outside its own region.
  • Vela wrote:
    @cinty - regarding nuclear, there is apparently collaboration with Chinese and some US scientists on reviving molten salt (thorium) reactors. That could yield amazing results if they can overcome the engineering issues around the piping.

Yeah, been reading up on that myself. To be honest the science is way over my head, but I know that the funding is there. Fingers crossed.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Certainly there must be more punching than:

With any luck, the Four Horsemen are camera-shy.

Brooks wrote:
    Til the pips fucking squeak. No respite for Trumps.

Edification by proxy's the glimmer of hope I'll cling to. The Tories are more insidious because they don't shit on their own.

It has never been an aggressor outside its own region.

Don't mention the wall!
  • Vela wrote:
    @cinty - regarding nuclear, there is apparently collaboration with Chinese and some US scientists on reviving molten salt (thorium) reactors. That could yield amazing results if they can overcome the engineering issues around the piping.
    Yeah, been reading up on that myself. To be honest the science is way over my head, but I know that the funding is there. Fingers crossed.

I think what they do is create a molten salt seeded with thorium. As the salt cools, the thorium nuclei get closer together as the salt contracts. This increases the rate of nuclear fission and heats up the salt. The heated salt is used to heat water and turn turbines. 

If the nuclear reactions are too frequent, the salt gets very hot and expands. The expansion slows the rate of reaction and thus preventing runaway chain reaction. 

The engineering challenge is designing pipes that can contain the hot salt and not corrode rapidly. Given China's predilection for big engineering recently, it's something I would give them a shot at.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Let's give him a chance and see what he does.
    39 hours in and he's shifted the White House positions on civil rights to favour more police enforcement, wiped out references to climate change and any acknowledgement of LGBT issues, signed an executive order to encourage the dismantling of people's healthcare without any replacement service (admittedly all these are toothless measures on their own), gone on tv and lied about (of all things to lie about) the size of his inauguration crowd and intimidated reporters that produce unflattering reports on him.

Is he a shitbag yet or do we need longer to judge?
  • Trump repeatedly undermining the media is rancid business.

If enough idiots hook on his bullshit (and they did already) and he convinces enough he is the truth (because they are fucking idiots) it's easy to foresee some really really dark shit happening.
  • monkey wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:

Can we wait til the death camps?
  • Vela wrote:
    monkey wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:

Can we wait til the death camps?

Was going to post an "ah, come on" and then hesitated and thought no that not actually impossible with this guy. Says a hell of a lot.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Well he's already expressed comfort with torture, killing families of terrorists (real or suspected), and seizing Iraqi oil. He condones war crimes. Can't get much clearer than that.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Here's his chance over - two days in and he wants to leave the United Nations

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/193
  • What the actual fuck?

Surely thats just some rogue GOP cunt who always does that?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!