Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • Yeah, quite possible they will tell him he isn't to run in 2020.
    He won't want to be impeached, to much ego. Plus there is the damage his removal could do to the Republicans. A lot of Americans still see him as a different choice from the usual career politician, for that very establishment, and his own party to remove him could be catastrophic.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I can't see him making 8 years. He's already investing a huge amount of money and energy into just staying afloat, battening down the hatches, etc.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    So, anyone wanna bet how much time the Trump administration still has?

This year, and the next.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    If the Democrats can throw in someone decent in 4 years I'd say Trump will be out. Sanders maybe, if he's still alive... He might consider running as an independent again.
  • If enough people go marching trough the streets with torches and pitchforks I'm sure congress will lend an ear. I can already hear the chanting: "Lock him up, lock him up"!
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • If Trump isn't senile by the time the investigation ends he might be impeached. He might choose to do the honourable thing and resign like Nixon did.
    Him staying in power beyond 2017? Not likely.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Another thing to remember with Trump is that his approval ratings are incredibly low, and it seems unlikely he's going to do anything to improve them. Healthcare reform is proving hugely unpopular, and his next target is tax, which is massively complicated and controversial. I don't see him winning many votes by essentially cutting taxes for the rich.

Unless his approval ratings turn around (and I'm not sure what's going to cause that to happen), he's incredibly weak, and potentially an electoral liability.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    If Trump did get impeached and ousted I can imagine him claiming it was fake news and continuing to run the country from Mar a Lago.
  • To cheer everyone up here's some homophobic republicans caught going over the bridge to Pimpleton.

• Kow wrote:
    If Trump did get impeached and ousted I can imagine him claiming it was fake news and continuing to run the country from Mar a Lago.

This is the solution. Give him one of those politic simulators and a laptop and hire a dedicated team to make news reels for him to watch on TV. Mix in some real news too (make sure to scrub it for clips of the real president) and every time he points out fake (real) news, give him a cookie or a tonka truck.
  • hunk wrote:
    If enough people go marching trough the streets with torches and pitchforks I'm sure congress will lend an ear. I can already hear the chanting: "Lock him up, lock him up"!
    If those people are black they'll probably just get the National Guard to shoot them.
  • I trust The American People to be daft enough to give the fat cunt a second go in the driving seat. Not least when the Dems appear to be doing fuck all of use at the moment, not unlike our own dear Party of Labour.
  • a44a70907a77223ab8328d556f3f2c8d.jpg
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    If Trump isn't senile by the time the investigation ends...

Ummm...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Tempy wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    This is the solution. Give him one of those politic simulators and a laptop and hire a dedicated team to make news reels for him to watch on TV. Mix in some real news too (make sure to scrub it for clips of the real president) and every time he points out fake (real) news, give him a cookie or a tonka truck.

Thats not a bad idea at all. As long as 'people are saying' how great he is, he probably wouldnt even mind
    hunk wrote:
    If Trump isn't senile by the time the investigation ends he might be impeached. He might choose to do the honourable thing and resign like Nixon did. Him staying in power beyond 2017? Not likely.

How much you betting? I think he is safe until at least the mid term. As others have said, as bad as this guy is the republicans need him there to get their wishlist done.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Uggh, okay he's got untill the mid term elections next year.
    I'm betting after that the GOP will drop him like a hot radioactive potato.
  • No one knows do they? Only a few of Trump's guys, Putin, Russian intelligence, Trump himself (to the extent that he understands anything) and probably the FBI have a proper understanding of his level of involvement. It could be explosive and bring him down, it might amount to fuck all, harden the belief that there's a witch hunt against him, and he survives another 7 and 3/4 years.
  • My money is on impeachment fwiw. This year, or when there's something substantive from the FBI. The GOP will join in on the media and Dems denouncing him, say they're as shocked as anyone else about it all, Trump's got to go, and they'll get Pence in. The Republicans hate Trump. They don't want him at the top, fucking it all up for them. But while he's there and immovable they'll make him useful.
  • The way I see it Trump has bought himself some time till next year by firing Comey. He conciously obstructed justice and delayed the fbi investigation into the Trump-Russia ties deliberately.
    It definitely looks like he's hiding something.

Will the American people stand for it or will they turn on him? Fuck knows, depends on whether the investigation will ever get back on track and up to speed again. I suspect if and once it does Trump will be toast. Not sure if he has a plan B, but if he has one he's acting on it right now. Behind the scenes.

If there's a plan B it probably revolves around the notion of the Republicans dismissing the Trump-Russia ties investigation completely and blocking the probe. And Trump continueing as normal;  business as usual.
  • monkey wrote:
    No one knows do they? Only a few of Trump's guys, Putin, Russian intelligence, Trump himself (to the extent that he understands anything) and probably the FBI have a proper understanding of his level of involvement. It could be explosive and bring him down, it might amount to fuck all, harden the belief that there's a witch hunt against him, and he survives another 7 and 3/4 years.

It's a fool proof plan!
    What could possibly go wrong???
  • He's in an odd place. The Republican Party can't just ditch him, they'd need someone to beat him in the primaries. Look how that went last time. 

He looks like he's struggling to stay afloat, never mind run the country, so simply walking away at the end of his term might look attractive. He becomes more vulnerable to investigation and prosecution out of office though.

The point where he looks like a certain electoral liability isn't here yet. Even when that arrives, impeachment looks risky for Republicans in Congress. Maybe if Fox and the like turn on him, they'd follow that lead.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    He perfectly represents the ultimate failure of capitalism, doesn't he; its endgame. At no previous point in history would a done-nothing manchild have been elected as leader. The only step left is the removal of democracy. Supreme King Donald the Inheritor.
  • http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/04/28/donald-trump-handwritten-notes-reporters-215074

Trump likes to send reporters he likes/loathes handwritten notes.
    No really....
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Jumbo marker, too! Crayons run out pretty fast.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Ahhhh haaaaaaa that is gold.
  • Weapons Grade Mentalism.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Good job he's safely squirrelled away in an institution where he can't do anyone any harm oh shit fucking hell.
  • No chance he'll be impeached. He will of course decline to run for a second term, cite absolute success, and go back to his squillions.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    He's already enrolled to run for a second term. First president ever to do it so early.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!