Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • http://www.clickhole.com/article/abortion-doctor-so-sexual-your-daughter-gets-horny-5990
    Handsome Ahmed snuck over the border from Syria with his medical license, and your impregnated daughter can’t resist his gynecological seductions. One look at his swarthy chin and calloused hands, and she’ll be spread-eagle for his jihadist speculum and quivering with abortion fever. Mom and Dad, padlock the house and throw away the car before your daughter drives down to Dr. Ahmed’s pro-choice mosque.

Yes. PatriotHole owns.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • This thing is taking on a life of its own now. The investigation feeds the media which feeds some Trump outburst which creates more stuff to investigate. He's got weeks / months left.
  • You wish. He's seeing out this term no problem.
  • Aye, it's going to be this year. He won't make the mid-term elections of 2018. If the damning Steele report is remotely based on fact Trump's done for.
    Trump's narcissistic pd would make him extremely susceptible to the Russians (as witnessed this week) and there's absolutely no reason to believe mi6 or Steele would be lying. Which has been the basis of my null hypothesis all along.

Assuming the special prosecutor is worth his salt, Trump's end is nigh.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • 4 more years! 4 more years! 4 more years!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Seth Abramson on Twitter (journalist and attorney, and well worth following) reckons we're looking at at least 6-12 months before the investogation is concluded, I don't expect Trump to go anywhere before then.
  • The Bill Clinton stuff took years. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton

It does put him in a very tight spot though. The Republicans are surely desperate to have anyone else run next time and investigations are going to intensify as soon as he leaves office.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Except golfing of course
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • There's indication Trump left Pence in the dark on dealings with the Russians. I'm betting the gop is putting their money on Pence as the next president. If he survives the hearings.

If not, the US will have a problem. New elections can be held but what if the hearings uncover Mercer and Bannon's new little toy? Their propaganda spewing algorithm is a fundamental threat to US democracy as it covertly influences voter behaviour and skews it to populist conservative. Shit would get real ugly if the sp. Prosecutor dares to go there.

The Russians are one thing, going after Mercer and Bannon is a whole other proposition.
  • hunk wrote:
    ... what if the hearings uncover Mercer and Bannon's new little toy? Their propaganda spewing algorithm is a fundamental threat to US democracy as it covertly influences voters behaviour and skews it to populist conservative.

It's shitty but there's not necessarily anything particularly unconstitutional about that, is there? Unless I've missed something about it...
  • Steam: Ruffnekk
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Seth Abramson on Twitter (journalist and attorney, and well worth following) reckons we're looking at at least 6-12 months before the investogation is concluded, I don't expect Trump to go anywhere before then.
    He seems to confess to crimes every time he opens his mouth. If he carries on like this, the GOP aren't going to wait around for 12 months. As soon as they've got their tax cuts, Trump loses his purpose and can only act as a liability.

• hunk wrote:
    It is if it's covert....

Feel I've missed something here as well. Isn't the algorithm stuff just such much more advanced and targeted advertising at the end of the day? The content could maybe need some looking at (do or shouldn't political ads fall under the same laws as regular?) But the delivery method is ok isn't it?

SFV - reddave360
  • Agreed. Wouldn't surprise me if the gop pounced on Trump with the narcissistic pd card and removed him from office as soon as their tax breaks are in. Noone in the gop wants Mercer and Bannon's new toy in the limelight and investigated. Trump would be the fall guy while Mercer and Bannon stay safe hidden in the shadows behind the scenes.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    hunk wrote:
    It is if it's covert....

Feel I've missed something here as well. Isn't the algorithm stuff just such much more advanced and targeted advertising at the end of the day? The content could maybe need some looking at (do or shouldn't political ads fall under the same laws as regular?) But the delivery method is ok isn't it?

I believe if it is propaganda it needs to be labeled as such by law. At least it was mandatory for radio and tv airtime. This whole covert targeted propaganda IT thing is so new, there's no legislation on it. Yet.
    Which poses a new set of problems.

It would be good if the prosecutor went there because it's at the heart of where things took a wrong turn. GoP on the other hand wouldn't as this new toy could be beneficial to them for the time being. If they can keep it hidden from the public eye.

• Clinton get's a BJ in the office and people call for impeachment. Trump gives secret intel to the Russians and people are asked to look the other way.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The republicans aren't getting tax reform in the next 6 to 12 months, there is literally zero chance.
  • Well, here's hoping the sp.Prosecutor doesn't move too fast for the Republicans lol.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    You wish. He's seeing out this term no problem.

He's not going this year, at least.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • The gop will probably fall back on Pence as they throw Trump in the Lions den. That way their tax reform plans are still within reach. If they play the npd card they might keep Mercer and Bannon out of the spotlight too. It's strategically​ their optimal choice.
  • I'm pretty sure the republicans controlled the house of representatives when they (rightly) impeached Clinton. It will take something major to get them to turn on Trump.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Looks like trump has fucked up this morning. Ouch.

Most ambiguous statement of the next 3 years and 250 days.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • hunk wrote:
    Agreed. Wouldn't surprise me if the gop pounced on Trump with the narcissistic pd card and removed him from office as soon as their tax breaks are in. Noone in the gop wants Mercer and Bannon's new toy in the limelight and investigated. Trump would be the fall guy while Mercer and Bannon stay safe hidden in the shadows behind the scenes.

La-li-lu-le-lo?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Yes, except this is irl.
    Beyond videogames....
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    DAC60XsXkAA_ybv.jpg
  • I'd watch that!
  • Trump must be the most famous narcissistic personality disorder case in the world but nobody's allowed to call it that. And now everyone must suffer the Donald's wrath because psychiatrists aren't allowed to diagnose by just observation.

After nuclear fallout they'll probably lament that decision.
  • hunk wrote:
    I'd watch that!

We uh are?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!