Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    I am heartened by the fact the Republican party are not playing the role that too many hand wringing liberals said they would. There are moderates in there and that seemed to have been forgotten. Too many parties are perceived as represented by the beliefs of their extremes. It's starting to look like Trump has difficulty passing water - and that will continue unless he starts engaging with his party better.
    A handful have stood up to him, but not that many, over this or much else. If there had been one more Republican in the senate, in all likelihood skinny repeal would have passed.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Seems it only takes a few , thankfully.

I can only believe that the party will start to lose patience as time progresses. Given these early days are supposed to be the most effective time of a Presidency it doesn't bode well for any progress being made.

There's doesn't seem to have been any honeymoon period  that's for sure.

That boy scout speech. I know it has been said by many but the man simply isn't fit for the post.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • ^ or he accurately represents a sizeable chunk of the country he leads.
  • Who wants to work with poor people in the government? We need more rich people in there who know what they're doing. Who cares if they're a bit detached from reality due to living in comfort for generations?
    It's funny how a big part of the formation of the U.S was breaking away from having a Royal family. Then they end up with a President(s) born into wealth, not to mention the Bush family and the Kennedys.

What's the difference between a billionaire family and the nobles of yore?
    Same thing, different time, political system and society.
    Wouldn't suprise me if Trump and his admin consider themselves modern nobility; oligarchs.
    They do like to mingle with european oligarchs and royals.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Effectively pricing people out of any sort of healthcare (and the subsequent effects) in exchange for Richmans tax cut the line that was too much for three whole republicans!!!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    ^ or he accurately represents a sizeable chunk of the country he leads.

But does he? I'm not actually sure.

I was quietly in the "give him a chance" school. I was always interested in him as a candidate as funding wise he wouldn't have been in anyone's pocket and would have been his "own man" as it where. I know people who have met him who found him well informed, intelligent and charming.

I'm no fan of the press either and find what is said about him by what I presume to be a liberal block to leave a bad taste in the mouth.

I'm always wary of anyone being ridiculed. I never liked how certain people were treated on Question Time for example no matter how much I disliked their politics.

So Trump might be "new way", but I expect a President to be Presidential. He has from time to time done so but there a lot of lapses.

There are too many distractions with this Presidency too. Maybe behind the scenes business is being done but the whole thing comes across as a caper. Saying anything on campaign and then the big "Oh Shit" when he actually won. He certainly tapped into something but I'm not sure he represents anything except himself.

It's too easy to dismiss him as a clown. I've done that a few times. I just find him hard to figure out and that's what scares a lot of people.
  • davyK wrote:
    .... I was always interested in him as a candidate as funding wise he wouldn't have been in anyone's pocket and would have been his "own man" as it where. ...
    Hmmm....
  • Big Business and Russian Oligarchs obviously invested in Trump's rise to the oval office, not to mention russian money laundering schemes.

Trump paying his campaign out of his own pocket?  Yeah right....
    Do people really believe Trump to be honest about that?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    .... I was always interested in him as a candidate as funding wise he wouldn't have been in anyone's pocket and would have been his "own man" as it where. ...
    Hmmm....

I'd qualify that - hard to be truly your own man. But strictly funding wise I'm not aware of ties to any lobbies (gun, beef, tobacco, oil etc). Could be wrong though.  Not saying he won't have leanings toward those and of course the jobs they create.   Nor would be be against doing a deal I'd imagine.
  • Trump paid himself from campaign funds
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I guess from this side of the Atlantic it's hard to understand how fed up a significant part of the population were with the status quo. Trump seemed like an opportunity for change. It just turned out that he actually is the complete bellend the other part of the population thought he was all along.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Well that's was Trump's understanding of negotiation. He shouts, everybody jumps. Which is most likely how it has worked since he inherited daddy's billions.

He has had the luxury of surrounding himself with yes men for a lifetime. Almost everyone he associates with have jumped when he says, because if they don't they don't get near him. I imagine it's difficult for him to understand why that isn't happening with everyone outside of his selected sycophants no he's in office.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Seems it only takes a few , thankfully.

I can only believe that the party will start to lose patience as time progresses. Given these early days are supposed to be the most effective time of a Presidency it doesn't bode well for any progress being made.

There's doesn't seem to have been any honeymoon period  that's for sure.

That boy scout speech. I know it has been said by many but the man simply isn't fit for the post.

Some voted against because the bill wasn't as harsh as they wanted, not because they support ACA.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Seems it only takes a few , thankfully. I can only believe that the party will start to lose patience as time progresses. Given these early days are supposed to be the most effective time of a Presidency it doesn't bode well for any progress being made. There's doesn't seem to have been any honeymoon period  that's for sure. That boy scout speech. I know it has been said by many but the man simply isn't fit for the post.
    Some voted against because the bill wasn't as harsh as they wanted, not because they support ACA.

That's rather disturbing.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I should point out that my ramblings in this therad are based entirely on scarcely resourced opinion.
  • While I think that's true for past votes I don't think it applies to last night.
  • No, Rand Paul wasn't one of the three, despite threatening to be.
  • davyK wrote:
    I should point out that my ramblings in this therad are based entirely on scarcely resourced opinion.
    You'll do just fine.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Previous gone then
  • Seems that new guy is out already.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ahahahaha
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's utterly ridiculous.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Ahahahaha

According to a WaPo journo on Twitter, that was the response from the newsroom as well.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Apparently his wife filed for divorce after he took the job and promptly missed the birth of their child too.
  • I was looking forward to The Mooch 'til at least Halloween. Balls.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Apparently his wife filed for divorce after he took the job and promptly missed the birth of their child too.

This amazingly seems to be true. He texted her congratulations though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!