Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • Seems like everyone reading already has their mind made up about Trump. More echo chamber.
  • Agreed, might be Lols though.
  • Anyone thinking of reading this book?
    I'm tempted to half inch it.

Yes, that’s what I’m planning on doing - purely for lols.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • WorKid wrote:
    Seems like everyone reading already has their mind made up about Trump. More echo chamber.

I think most sane people who pay even cursory attention to the man - even solely through his own twitter feed - are probably right.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    WorKid wrote:
    Seems like everyone reading already has their mind made up about Trump. More echo chamber.

I think most sane people who pay even cursory attention to the man - even solely through his own twitter feed - are probably right.

Yep. It's not as if his actions are ambiguous.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    Actually a fascinating read.

I'm enjoying this.
  • It's incredibly damaging for the office of President going forward. It's now going to be OK for the broader media to take schlock tabloid fare about a president very seriously. Those media organisations are not nearly as left wing as the right wing loons believe they are either.
  • Is it only schlock tabloid fare because the content was defined by the going’s on described? Or is it schlock tabloid fare because it’s credibility is in question?
  • Anyone thinking of reading this book? I'm tempted to half inch it.

Half inching is the only way, I think. Can’t stomach the idea of voluntarily giving money to Bannon.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I_R wrote:
    It's incredibly damaging for the office of President going forward. It's now going to be OK for the broader media to take schlock tabloid fare about a president very seriously. Those media organisations are not nearly as left wing as the right wing loons believe they are either.

You can't write it if it didn't happen (well, you can, but you'll probably get sued). As I understand it the author has recordings and transcripts of his conversations. That's why the publisher decided to ignore the cease and desist letter and bring the publication date forward to today.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Anyone thinking of reading this book? I'm tempted to half inch it.

Half inching is the only way, I think. Can’t stomach the idea of voluntarily giving money to Bannon.

Bannon isn't getting any money for this is he?
  • Yeah. It’s nothing to do with Bannon is it? Don’t know where that come from tbh.
  • Sorry, total brain fart on my part. I kept reading quotes from the book talking about Bannon and mixed him up with Wolff as being the author.
  • He is suspected of being a source of the reveals, and an attempt was made to injunct him and the author on the basis that these breached a campaign NDA.

(Guessing his lawyers argued that the NDA doesn't extend to post campaign, and the material relates to the handover and first weeks of the administration. Trump fucked up there.)
  • Gremill wrote:
    WorKid wrote:

Well yes. Buy why buy a book that says Trump's a twat when the Internet is full of it for free.
  • http://uk.businessinsider.com/michael-wolff-note-says-he-doesnt-know-if-trump-book-is-all-true-2018-1

This seems to basically be gossip. Trump and his team have enough skeletons in their closet that the threats of legal action are only bluster.
  • WorKid wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    WorKid wrote:

Well yes. Buy why buy a book that says Trump's a twat when the Internet is full of it for free.

But it's set inside the white house.
    With quotes and sources. And backstabbing...

Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    WorKid wrote:

Fair point. I've no intention of buying it btw.
  • Book is basically Bannon throwing Trump under a bus after backstabbing him numerous times. It's entertaining and quite a devious move from an unscrupulous man. Is he trying to instigate the fall of Trump? Is this revenge for his removal from the wh as Trump's top aide? Will Bannon run for prez in 2020 and does he stand a chance?

Lord knows, anything is possible these days.
  • WorKid wrote:

Trump is a fucking idiot. 

Obama is an intelligent and eloquent man who still headed up and refused to change a military empire that is causing untold damage worldwide.

The USA isnt good when it has a democrat in charge.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Heh, so now it seems like Mercer might fire Bannon from breitbart, which would be even more hilarity. Reaction would also show where the neo-nazi readership’s loyalty lies - is it to Bannon himself, or the overall breitbart org?
    However it shakes out, the more time the “alt-right” shitlords spend fighting between themselves, the less time they have for fucking things up for normal people.
  • More takes from the book coming up today. TBH give it a month and it won't be worth reading.

Anyway, the wackiest, most zaney thing Donald does as released today.
    The reason he eats McDonalds all the time is because he is paranoid about being poisoned. He believes that because McDonalds food is preprepared and he or his staff arrive unannounced the food is safe. While not untrue it is taking a mallet to crack a walnut, in true Trump style I guess.
    Let's just forget the slow and inevitable poisoning that will happen from eating shite like McDonalds everyday.

The poison paranoia doesn't stop at food though. He won't let anyone touch his toothbrush and even insists on handling his own dirty washing.
  • Who cares about that stuff, does he have a spruce moose??
    SFV - reddave360
  • The more I read about this Wolff guy the more I feel like this book is largely make believe spun out of vague comments. There was a snippet from a former editor of his that made it sound like he had a knack for pulling convincing stuff out of thin air based on what he'd heard at parties, and writing pieces that made him seem initiate with subjects he'd never met. Which isn't to say there's no truth in this stuff, just I wonder how much.
  • I don't doubt that, but given the nature of Trump's world of perpetuating utter bullshit as fact, it's probably the treatment he merits best.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Definitely. The irony is strong. The strongliest.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • g.man wrote:
    I don't doubt that, but given the nature of Trump's world of perpetuating utter bullshit as fact, it's probably the treatment he merits best.
    Yeah, absolutely. I’m going to read it, not because I believe it offers a truthful account of Trumps White House, but because I find it hilarious that he and his base are absolutely losing their shit over it. It’s not so much a question of ‘is it true?’ - it’s more that it’s entirely believable that this kind of shit is undoubtedly going on. Whether it’s as described isn’t really the point for me.
  • You can get the audio book for free if you sign up for a 30 day trial to Audible through Amazon, and then remember to cancel it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fire-and-Fury/dp/B078SFVJVP/ref=tmm_aud_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1515243375&sr=8-1
  • It's a book about juicy white house gossip from white house staff. Why shouldn't it be true?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!