Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • Trump:
    This is what you voted for.
    Are you not entertained?

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    Trump: This is what you voted for. Are you not entertained? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

And now the US have backed out of the UN human rights council...

Well.. At least the admin is honest... Couldn't exactly stay in there while they were actively tearing apart families, and employing border patrol officials who crack jokes about the whole thing...

Also, interesting point from the missus...

Part of me still thinks that he'll be impeached by the middle of next year...
    He pisses too many intelligent people off.

But she thinks he courts a lot of popularity with shit like this, and could get a second term. Do you think that's likely?

edit - Indeed... Her point is backed up by numbuzzz...
    http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2018/jun/18/gateway-pundit/headline-says-trump-tied-obama-same-point-presiden/
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Anything’s possible. At this point in time, I figure it’s more likely than not that he won’t get a second term, but he’s only halfway through his first term and look at all the things that have happened. Fuck knows what the next two years will bring.
  • The thing is Congress should be Trump's checks and balances. As long as Congress backs Trump he's effectively sanctioned and his position in the white house safeguarded. He can do as he pleases as long as he scratches Congress' back. In the long run.

The Mueller investigation could get Trump impeached or.....Congress dismisses the outcome as partisan and keeps backing Trump till the end of the term. With the way things are now it could go either way as checks and balances aren't working as intended. The Republicans control all bases and balance in the system has gone lop-sided.

Unless people start rioting in the streets with firearms. Congress might be rattled by the uproar and decide to eventually ditch Trump. Then again perhaps they might not....We don't know what their long term agenda is.

It effectively boils down to what kind of society Congress leans to. The old one with Dems and Repubulicans alternating at the helm depending on the popular vote. Or they might lean to a more authoritarian right wing oligarchic model similar to the Russians. We already know what Trump, Bannon/Mercer et al prefer. The question is will Congress play along and give the okay nod?

Will of the people? You can buy that with fake news and targeted propaganda. If you're willing to pay up and invest in the future that is...
  • Great to see that we are getting some of roll back with trump. I'm sure it won't be a fix, but it shows that he is still at the whim of public backlash.

Hope for America yet.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Meanwhile liberal EU democracy is under attack from the east and west by Putin and Trump/Bannon respectively. Whenever a far right leader rises, either Bannon or Putin seems to be advising/sponsoring in the background. UK (Brexit), France (Le Penn), Hungary (Orban), Austria, Italy, Poland; the spectre of Putin/Bannon always looms.
    The goal seems to be a new right wing order, politically breaking up liberal Europe and reset the situation back to what, the early 1900's?  Every nation state for themselves. It's a period that gave us ww1 and ww2 from similar minded regimes. Do we really want to go back there?

A new 21st century cold war seems to be emerging but this time it's not communism as the main antagonist. This time the enemy comes from within; the dark nationalist and far right urges hidden deep within the underbelly of our societies. And certain masterminds like Bannon and Putin are more than willing to fan the flames. Everything for the new right world order.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Great to see that we are getting some of roll back with trump. I'm sure it won't be a fix, but it shows that he is still at the whim of public backlash.

Hope for America yet.

Although I like your optimism, this is only going to get worse in the long term. I’m not sure I’d be so eager to use the word hope in the context of an administration that is happy to go ahead and run child concentration camps until someone tells them not to, and to use the old “we’re just taking your child for a shower” line when tearing families apart. I don’t think it’s even hyperbolic to make the obvious historical comparison here.

It’s utterly sickening and depraved and until the de facto secret police abduction cunts in ICE are disbanded and it’s employees either prosecuted or never allowed to work in public service again, it’s going to continue in some form.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I'm kinda looking at it from the point of view that as brazen as this admin is , they are not yet at the point where they can completely dismiss public reaction (not that they don't try) but my hope isn't that this admin will improve - they will only worsen - but that when we get to the end of the four years there is a chance that it might not be as simple as republican v democrat and even some republicans have seen how dangerous trump and his group truly are and as such a better chance of being voted out.
    SFV - reddave360
  • God, I hope so.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I'd also agree with Comey when he thinks it might be better if it's the electorate who remove trump rather than congress.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/21/james-comey-yes-the-rule-of-law-is-in-danger-in-america?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard
    SFV - reddave360
  • It’s surely not still illegal just to kill him is it?
  • JMW wrote:
    It’s surely not still illegal just to kill him is it?

Would not be surprised if bannons has a dream of that to further galvanize the horrid right resurgence going on. Trump as martyr is possibly worse than a second term
    SFV - reddave360
  • So Melania Trump then.
  • First off: Zara? Fuck outta here you have all the bucks.
  • Second: At least it's uh honest
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I really don't buy Zara do u
  • Gremill wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Great to see that we are getting some of roll back with trump. I'm sure it won't be a fix, but it shows that he is still at the whim of public backlash.

Hope for America yet.

Although I like your optimism, this is only going to get worse in the long term. I’m not sure I’d be so eager to use the word hope in the context of an administration that is happy to go ahead and run child concentration camps until someone tells them not to, and to use the old “we’re just taking your child for a shower” line when tearing families apart. I don’t think it’s even hyperbolic to make the obvious historical comparison here.

It’s utterly sickening and depraved and until the de facto secret police abduction cunts in ICE are disbanded and it’s employees either prosecuted or never allowed to work in public service again, it’s going to continue in some form.

Again, just for context, don't get it twisted, trump is still only learning what he could get away with re border security.

Much more mainstream politicians here have allowed 10+ years of horror.

I don't want to downplay the seperations, but what we've done with camps etc has been horrific.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • minimum of 12 suicides too.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • so long as they dont visibly drown at sea its ok
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • While not on the same level as the yanks or Aussies, Ireland has the rep of letting people in (well, 10% of applicants) but then not really letting them be part of the country

http://www.thejournal.ie/direct-provision-1759400-Nov2014/

Does any country have a 'good record of dealing with refugees? I can understand how complicated it can be.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I have a boss tiki shirt from Zara.
  • Aye, Aussies have a bad rep sheet with refugees. Detention island being the worst deterrent policy ever. They must really fear the third world surrounding and encroaching their island.

Comey has more faith in the ballot box than I do. If Congress decides to dismiss a damning outcome of the Meuller investigation and the public accepts this decision as valid... Trump will be fully normalised. Which means he'll probably be able to repeat the same 2016 election campaign tactics for 2020 (hello neo Cambridge Analytica) and he'll probably be re-elected because the strategy just works. It will be game over Dems. Game over.

Don't know too much about Melania but I suspect she really, really dislikes her husband. That Zara dress was probably aimed at the tabloids haunting her every move every minute of the day. I might be wrong though as I'm not familiar with the woman.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Second: At least it's uh honest

I actually think she's really put out by what Trump did here.
    Have you also noticed how the two are barely ever seen in public together recently (i.e. the last 5 months)?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    They’ve hardly been seen in public together for a lot longer than that.
  • it would be an interesting twist if the trophy wife had suddenly had the blinkers removed once she took on the role of first lady, and in the end resolves to bring about his downfall.

I have the movie rights ready to go, and Obama will play himself as he triggers the whole thing - sneaking her an untapped untraceable phone with a link to the B+B forum, where our wise words opened her eyes to what's really going on! :)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • If piss orgies in Moscow and the Stormy scandal didn't open her eyes I doubt our banter will.
  • So many of these will never be reunited.

This is just wrong on so many levels.
  • Absolutely shocking.
  • Vela wrote:
    So many of these will never be reunited. This is just wrong on so many levels.

Poor Families, makes me feel ill thinking about it. World is a fucked up place.
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!