Brexit: Boris' Big Belgian Bangers
  • I've become youthist, racist and pro Brexit in the space is 2 minutes.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • And bathist. Don't get me started on sunglasses.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's no bad thing.
  • That video is awful.
    Patronising rubbish that will only serve to entrench false notions that young people's views are poorly informed and naive.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's trivial, and it's hardly claiming to be representative of anyone. If it is patronising, then it probably isn't aimed at you.
  • I’ve started going through my Facebook and deleting anyone who posts the “well I didn’t vote to be in the EU! I voted out and Out Means Out!” bullshit

I really can’t take anymore of it. I seemingly am “friends” with some right ignorant cockwombles
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I'm actually friends with people who are leavers. I love them anyway and no doubt they feel the same way. At least I hope they do.
  • I’m friends with lots of them. It’s the ones who’s whole arguement for brexit is “out means out” with no explanation or willingness to discuss or understand that it’s not as clear cut as they think it is.

It’s the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and shouting “lalala I’m not listening”
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I saw an "idiot on the street" interview the other day with a lad who was about 30.
    To paraphrase "We should leave right now, we will be bigger than the EU, Great Britian has Great in the name".
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    I saw an "idiot on the street" interview the other day with a lad who was about 30.
    To paraphrase "We should leave right now, we will be bigger than the EU, Great Britian has Great in the name".

That's why I think there is a place for videos like the one on the other page.

Some people need it in simple terms.
  • We all do that @wookie. People think differently because they haven't had the same life as you. It's as unfortunate as it is inevitable. The secret is to convince them your version is the best. You'll have to excuse me I'm really quite drunk.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    We all do that @wookie. People think differently because they haven't had the same life as you. It's as unfortunate as it is inevitable. The secret is to convince them your version is the best. You'll have to excuse me I'm really quite drunk.

It's a lot of hard work to do, but very rewarding if you manage it.

I managed to sway my brother into voting for Labour with Corbyn in charge, after him declaring he "would never vote for them as long as that prick is in charge".
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I saw an "idiot on the street" interview the other day with a lad who was about 30.

That's why I think there is a place for videos like the one on the other page.

Some people need it in simple terms.

I think that video is too simple though. I don't think it would do anything to sway that guy.
    It is clearly trying to do a Margot Robbie Big Short but that scene was smart, it broke down something complex into an easy to understand explanation.
    I don't think Rizzle Kicks man explained anything there. The problem is likely that they tried to water down a huge and complex thing into one video. The Big Short did the same over an entire movie, with those cut aways covering details.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    If it piqued the interest of someone who wasn't interested before, then it's done its job. Hopefully that previously unengaged person will now do some research for themselves and become engaged in the debate.

It's not going to set the world alight, and you're right, it's unlikely to change anyone's mind, but it might get some people interested, maybe.
  • We all do that @wookie. People think differently because they haven't had the same life as you. It's as unfortunate as it is inevitable. The secret is to convince them your version is the best. You'll have to excuse me I'm really quite drunk.

I managed to sway my brother into voting for Labour with Corbyn in charge, after him declaring he "would never vote for them as long as that prick is in charge".

No version is actually the best. If it were politics would be concluded.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    We all do that @wookie. People think differently because they haven't had the same life as you. It's as unfortunate as it is inevitable. The secret is to convince them your version is the best. You'll have to excuse me I'm really quite drunk.

No version is actually the best. If it were politics would be concluded.

My version is best, but I'm not a politician, so I have to pick the one that's closest.

• All the versions are wrong. What's best is to kill all lifeforms immediately, painlessly, unknowingly and instantaneously. Maybe the Tories know best after all.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I don't like your version. No vote from me.
  • pledge allegiance to the world’s most powerful computer
  • Tempy wrote:
    pledge allegiance to the world’s most powerful computer

Praise be to Z80
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Amazing:

Daniel Hannan MEP: “It is now looking like any second referendum will be rigged against Leavers and I don’t see we have any option other than to organise a mass boycott.” Would you boycott a second vote on Brexit?

@JuliaHB1 | @DanielJHannan | http://talkradio.co.uk/live https://twitter.com/talkRADIO/status/1073498099673432064/video/1

Please do. Please, please, please.
  • The Tory who's been an MEP for like two decades? The fucking irony of the thing.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Amazing:

Daniel Hannan MEP: “It is now looking like any second referendum will be rigged against Leavers and I don’t see we have any option other than to organise a mass boycott.” Would you boycott a second vote on Brexit?

@JuliaHB1 | @DanielJHannan | http://talkradio.co.uk/live https://twitter.com/talkRADIO/status/1073498099673432064/video/1

Please do. Please, please, please.

Ahaha. Yea, that’s a great idea! If angry leavers all boycott a second referendum and refuse to vote, leaving just remain voters to vote then surely that’s the way to get what you want!
    By making sure the other side win!

Brilliant tactics at hand here.
  • The man's just worried about losing his job, so he's not thinking straight.
  • Sorry that this thread is descending into a bunch of twitter links but Jesus Christ this is surely proof of our bizarro timeline status.
    https://twitter.com/lbc/status/1073650675433775105?s=21
  • Imagine how confused Mail readers are going to be when Brexit kills Marks and Spencers. Why doesn't Android have an ampersand?
  • Mine does. You can borrow some. &&&&&&&
  • Oh so it does. Glaring.
  • If May doesn't announce date for meaningful vote today Corbyn is filing a motion of no confidence against her.
    PM not Gov.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!