Dark Souls III [UK parents Slow-coach edition]
  • My flatmate didn't setup his pre-load correctly and now he's ranting and raving about how it's Steam's fault and stuff like this shouldn't be happening in 2016. This is how the fever starts, that turns good men, bad.
  • Dying a LOT in this. I've still got Bloodborne on the brain so I'm getting all up in the grills of enemy groups, relying on a character speed that doesn't exist in this to save me from harm. Keep forgetting I've a shield too, and I haven't managed a single parry in the hour and a half I've played. 

I'm shit at Souls again. I'm a bit lost. These are very good things.

Only thing that's bugging me a bit so far is the sometimes heavy frame-stuttering in this particular area (others seemed ok). Would that I had a behemoth PC to run this at 60fps with the > responsive controls that comes with it. It'd make for even sexier times.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    lol PC eeww

shoulda gone console masterrace, 25-30fps
  • Anyone got to...

]spoiler] Bastard Core of The Black Sunlake[/Spiler]

..yet?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Good effort bro!

Kappa
  • Oh shit spoilers!

Glad you're all loving the game. Really enjoying reading the thread so far! :)
  • Wow. An hour in and absolutely loving it. It's stunning. Beautiful.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Just discovered on a forum that in DkS2, you have to press the Use button to find some of the wall illusions. 

I've been banging my longsword against walls (not a euphemism) in front of taunting "Illusion ahead" messages for hours.

What's the process for finding hidden rooms in DkS3? You have to strip naked and drop your equipment in an exact circle around you?
  • Tempy wrote:
    Should really be  TWTG = The One True Game (Bloodborne) NSOWBFM = Nascent Scribblings of Wonder But Fuck Maneaters (Demon's Souls) SWHiPOaBTtE = Starts Wonderful However it Peters Off a Bit Towards the End (Dark Souls) TWOBitGSoTisCL = Trevor Who's OK But in the Grand Scheme of Things is Comfortably Last (Dark Souls 2) To avoid confusion

Thanks for the clarity.
  • What's the process for finding hidden rooms in DkS3? You have to strip naked and drop your equipment in an exact circle around you?
    Spoiler:
  • Having spent an hour playing I've had to stop for dinner and to watch Bake Off with the wife. Might get another half hour before bed later.
    But Gotta say, I'm impressed.
    This is brilliant
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fucking
    Spoiler:
  • X
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • It was incredibly difficult, but I have conquered it.

The legal agreement, that is. 

Jesus, why can't they just let you skip it like any sane videogame company. I almost rage-quit before starting the game!

I'm still waiting for a game which will hide an Easter Egg in the legal agreement. No fucker will ever find it.

I've got to the first bonfire. Go me!

Initial impressions: Very pretty. I also love how loads of stuff is the same between DkS games, like the sound effects. Many games would get slated for not evolving sufficiently. But these familiar things make it feel like greeting an old friend with a warm hug. On a rainy day. And then, as the embrace ends, you recall that this friend gets great pleasure from killing you. Over and over again.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Managed another 90 mins, so 2.5h total.

Until going to bed, I'd
    Spoiler:

Still really liking it. Think I know where to go next (I sense another boss lurking), but wow it's a maze as well as amazing. Just
    Spoiler:

Some of the stuff is
    Spoiler:

Mechanically, I
    Spoiler:
    and still don't understand plenty, which is kind of refreshing (so don't fill the gaps in please!):
    Spoiler:

A few
    Spoiler:
    Also my first
    Spoiler:
  • Just had a proper Souls moment. Running around the
    Spoiler:
    and kicking ass. I then walk through an arch and see a message - it says 'critical foe ahead'. I promptly ignore this message (see kicking ass, above) and die within seconds. 6900 souls lost. I'm not going back in there for while. Also
    Spoiler:
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    "Turn back". Should have listened.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Noobs
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    "Turn back". Should have listened.

Loved that bit. Went for it and great triumph awaited.
  • Love the fact that unlike most games im really able to take in so much of the visuals and atmosphere simply because of the fact that I'm inching my way around the world so slowly with my shield up.
    Normally I'm keen to charge through areas and wade through seas of bad guys but in a Souls game? Nah, I'm gonna tip toe through everything, just drinking in the atmosphere
  • This is great. I'm playing a cleric with noob raw mace skills and jolly co op healing power. I've got my eye out for Patches in the particularly trolly area Ive left it at after playing all day. The bosses have been so good, the world feels rich and deep

I'm about lvl 38 with well rounded stats, but plenty of health and faith, both at 20. I'm going to take faith to 40 and try and find me the miracle merchant, I found the sorcery seller, wasn't interested in me. But I need to get my Oolacile on, I've got heal and one ranged attack to play with along with my noob tube mace.

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fuckit this is quite hard. Damn
    Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    This all sounds pretty buff. Almost annoyed I'm not excited more.

And for the rec, I literally knew/do know nothing about this due to ennui. So I meant what I said about not spoiling.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Think i'm level 19 FTR. Still thief with starting weapon + 1, but a decent shield. Slow and steady, annoying every minute.
    Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
    Jesus this game gets my heart pumping.
    Level 20 now.
    This is by far the best Souls game yet.
  • I was knackered yesterday and struggling to get out of the tutorial level! Not sure whether I made the right choice with my class or whether it's because I'm reverting to Bloodborne strategies.
    Spoiler:
  • I started as a deprived and
    Spoiler:
    was a good fight and I am by no means a skilled player.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Stoph - The spear isn't good for fighting him imo . I've done that boss with a few starting classes and found that by far the hardest.
  • This arrives today, so will be on tonight. I'm going to make a concerted effort to try and get to grips with the mechanics of this one - I felt like I was missing out on a lot of the subtleties of the first 2, such as magic, blessings and the various cult affiliations.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's like a proper this gen Dark Souls. Which I guess is the intention. Those massive castles and ramparts and walkways are fantastic.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!