#Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Is this fucking sewer section actually possible?

I didn't have any problems with it.  What's up?

I ran into problems with the second major boss earlier.  Didn't exactly rage quit, more slightly grumpy quit.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Is this fucking sewer section actually possible?
    I didn't have any problems with it.  What's up? I ran into problems with the second major boss earlier.  Didn't exactly rage quit, more slightly grumpy quit.

Drowning.

I've done it now, but it required constantly jumping through the level, and it possibly glitching at the end.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Ah right.  I died first time around thinking I might have time to take out a few enemies.  Nope.  Made it on the second attempt.
    Get schwifty.
  • What difficulty do you have it on?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Default.  Haven't looked at the options to be honest.  Might actually drop it down to easy for this stupid boss if I keep pegging it.
    Get schwifty.
  • I have it on hard, wonder if you get less time then.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Ah.  Yeah, that could be it.
    Get schwifty.
  • I'm surprised by how exactly the same level wise it is.

They've added an opening section, a flying bit. But the opening planet is exactly the same. Down to lift placement and everything.

It looks awesome and plays better.. but I was hoping for a bit more seeing as they already released a HD version of it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I haven't played the original since it was released fourteen years ago so I'll be damned if I can remember anything about it.  Back to it today.  Let the bolt hoovering commence!
    Get schwifty.
  • Yeah, I only had faint memories of it, so it was more 'this seems familiar' than 'this is the same'.
  • It's Ratchet & Clank time!
  • Picked this up today. Traded in Guitar Hero Live and MGS 5 which covered the entire cost. Cannot wait to start it later!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Trailers over, it's about to begin!
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Trailers over, it's about to begin!

Ooh the film!  I've heard bad things.  I so wanted it to be good.
    Get schwifty.
  • My God this is gorgeous!
  • The film is AMAZING. Just the right amount of nods, totally works on its own.
  • Okay so after two and a bit hours on this I can say that it is genuinly brilliant. The graphics are just beautiful, controls are intuitive and smooth, gameplay just as fantastic as always. I keep getting small moments that reminds me of playing the original years ago but there are still plenty of surprises. All the new additions are also excellent.
  • Just got this today - after an hour or so I'm loving it - I think this gen has been sorely lacking a game like this so it's nice to have it back.
  • I completely agree. The third person adventure games have been a lost genre for too long. It is wonderful to see this game back full strength and doing well as far as I know.

Now I will just sit back and dream of another Jak and Daxter game.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I completely agree. The third person adventure games have been a lost genre for too long. It is wonderful to see this game back full strength and doing well as far as I know. Now I will just sit back and dream of another Jak and Daxter game.

That'd be grand.  A resurgence of the 3D platform game, the likes of which were so prevalent in the days of the PS2, would be lovely.  What happened?  Where did all the people who played and loved those games go?  Did they grow up and have families and stopped playing games, leaving just the ardent ones to mourn their passing?
    Get schwifty.
  • The industry decided that people don't want them any more, like horror games.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    The industry is driven by consumer desire.  It's callous to say Call of Duty killed the likes of Jack and Daxter, even though the dev went on to work on a very different style of game, but that's how it feels.  So it's the industry targeting a higher age range of audience?
    Get schwifty.
  • Survey says the gen pop don't like color in their games anymore.

I'm looking forward to playing this at some point. Maybe after ds3
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Stooped gen pop.

Actually I don't see why this shouldn't be anything other than a huge success.  They love shootin' stuff, right?
    Get schwifty.
  • I'm really enjoying this in a time filling kind of way.  It looks and feels like a second tier Mario game which has just made me want to go back to 3dworld to see if it looks as good as I remember. It's crazy that this stands out from the crowd for being so different to what we have now when 15 years ago every other release was a 3D platformer.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Finished.  Loved every minute of it.  Only complaint is that there wasn't enough of it.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Not something I normally do, but the moment the credits wrapped on this last night I immediately started Challenge Mode. Building up a bolt multiplier by not taking damage has really changed the way I play this time around, utilising the Plasma Striker, a weapon I barely touched during my first play through, to keep myself out of harms way is refreshing. Losing my x13 multiplier because I missed one little enemy in a large battle was somewhat frustrating, but the determination is there to do even better next time.
    Get schwifty.
  • I was going to ask if you were playing challenge mode! I have every intention of going straight into once completed in order to continue upgrading the weapons. I just want to see what they morph into!
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Oh yeah, the draw of increasing the awesomeness of your weapons is strong. Could only afford to upgrade one weapon initially and I went for the flame thrower. Buzz blades are next. You have to get your bolt multiplier up because these new weapons are super expensive.
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!