Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Have you lot got big heads or short arms?
  • What have arms and heads got to do with the Smashes-Parrot-Egg-At-Camera-With-A-Perch symbol?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I send them to you to do the Chillout trade or we post separately?

I think we'd send them to one person to pass on as a full order.

If people are up for this, I'll post the games I'm wanting to shift. Others should post what they want and we'll see if we make the Chillout quota.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Ok, had a quick look and can only find one game which I well and truly wanna rid, Far Cry 4. I suspect I'll find more if I turn the room inside out (it's a mess).
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Let us know if you find more. If we can't piece together enough stuff to flog to Chillout, I'll just have to put some stuff back on eBay again. :)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Sorry haven't managed this. Still confused, would we each send to you and your to them, or each send to them? What's the cost we'd be saving, something other than postage, and enough to warrant double postage??
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Sorry haven't managed this. Still confused, would we each send to you and your to them, or each send to them? What's the cost we'd be saving, something other than postage, and enough to warrant double postage??

No problem.

The idea is that to sell to something like Chillout games (which has got a good reputation from what I can see in the Retro thread), you need a certain amount of items or to meet a certain price.

You'd send the odd game or two you want to shift to me, I bundle everything up, and sell the lot to Chillout. Once I get the money from them, I then send the money via Paypal or whatever to the relevant people.

It's probably a bit of a faff, and it'll require some trust, but if people have a few random games lying around that they want shot of, but don't meet Chillout et al.'s minimum order or can't seem to get them to sell on eBay (or can't be bothered), it's at least one way of getting something for the titles that are just cluttering up your shelves.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Postage to chillout is free so there would be no double payment of postage.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • There could be a minor problem, not meaning to throw a spanner in the works - everyone would have to be as accurate as possible with the description of the item's quality, and accept that they may get less that they expect.  Once they've got it, they keep it I believe, so if they decide that your copy of [Last Battle] is in fair condition rather than mint, they drop the pay out accordingly and lumping it seems to be the only option.

Edit: RetroK and I used them recently though and I was very happy with them.  I got rid of plenty of stuff that was just taking up space.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Postage to chillout is free so there would be no double payment of postage.

Yeah. You just need to make the minimum purchase price/number of titles, IIRC. I guess it all comes down to whether or not it's worth the postage of sending stuff to me (or whoever takes the lead on this) to get the few quid back for the titles you send.

'Course, it depends on what you send them. It's something like £60 for a boxed 32X, but then that's probably something worth taking the trouble of getting on eBay.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    ... they drop the pay out accordingly and lumping it seems to be the only option.

Yeah, if my experiences with other 'send us your shit' services is anything to go by, they can decide to send you less money and there's bugger all you can do about it according to the Ts & Cs. I've used Ziffit a few times in the recent clear out I had, and they're mostly good - but they did once decide that something I sent was exrental and hence they owed me nothing for it.

This Chillout Games Union thingy is just an idea, feel free to ignore it. (Or go back to talking about games to play when you want to relax.) ;)
  • I think the Chillout minimum is £55.  Ebay don't take a cut, Paypal don't take a cut, so some of their prices are quite decent considering.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    (Or go back to talking about games to play when you want to relax.) ;)
     There is only one series worth mentioning...

tumblr_ncbn8oGtyj1s3uawvo2_500.gif
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Yep.  Whatever that is up there it's a poor man's Monkey Target.
  • Pilotwings is is a relaxing single player experience. Monkey Ball is multiplayer mayhem.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • With the right musical accompaniment monkey pool, golf, bowling and especially flight are chilled out masterpieces, alone of with friends. Flight is sublime, perfectly balanced. Beautiful.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I think the Chillout minimum is £55.  Ebay don't take a cut, Paypal don't take a cut, so some of their prices are quite decent considering.

£55?! Jeebus. Ebay definitely take a cut when you're selling, though.
  • trippy wrote:
    With the right musical accompaniment monkey pool, golf, bowling and especially flight are chilled out masterpieces, alone of with friends. Flight is sublime, perfectly balanced. Beautiful.

I don't think I ever played it without a room full of drunks vying for the podium tbf.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    I think the Chillout minimum is £55.  Ebay don't take a cut, Paypal don't take a cut, so some of their prices are quite decent considering.
    £55?! Jeebus. Ebay definitely take a cut when you're selling, though.

I think he's implying ebay/paypal won't get their hands on your chillout sale and that the reduced sale to them is sometimes worth it because of that, especially with the added convenience.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Chillout also return a detailed condition report outlining where they agree and differ with your opinion of each item's condition and the revised price. I've had experience where they upgraded and downgraded based on condition so they are fair.

Chillout is all about convenience. They cut down on costs but of course you won't get the price you would get selling privately - but I got rid of over 250 items with them in one sale hassle free and was paid within a week of them acknowledging delivery.

Watch out for currency charges - they pay via paypal in sterling and if your paypal default currency is dollars (as it was with me) paypal will charge you.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Pilotwings is is a relaxing single player experience. Monkey Ball is multiplayer mayhem.

Check out Wing Island on Wii for relaxed flying. 
    Also Wii Sports Resort's Island Tour mode.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Is this the gaming on drugs thread? If so, never play Resident Evil while using psychedelics.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I think he's implying ebay/paypal won't get their hands on your chillout sale and that the reduced sale to them is sometimes worth it because of that, especially with the added convenience.

'Course. I done derped.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!