PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I_R wrote:
    I like those square bottles, not too arty, not amateurish either.
    They are nice in the flesh (though the childproof lids are proving troublesome for those that struggle with, erm, childproof lids!) but they are really expensive compared with other bottles but they do make the difference when compared side-by-side with other 30ml bottles. You can find them listed at $0.35-0.40 a bottle but when you actually add on all the import duty, freight etc they are working out at £0.98 a bottle, quite the stinger when you need order a 1,000 of them!
    The only thing I would say right now is that the logo is reminiscent of the logo used by a Glasgow company, Braw Beard Oil. I say that as that's what my mum thought it was when she saw your bottle, Moto. To be fair though, yours is way better and I've met a guy from Braw before and he was a fucking rude bellend so fuck them.
    It is a bastard coming up with artwork that features a beard because it limits your options somewhat!

The one redeeming thing is that we can produce our labels and having a shaped label is one of things that appears to be separating us from the majority, the downside is that we do seem to be stuck with the 'helmet man' as that is what people first like, after that the oil itself seems to be getting reall, really favourable 'reviews' from all who have tried it!

On another note here is the clean room ceiling, next is the floor and then the hygiene board wall cladding.

16543977-4DF9-45E6-9AD7-97DC73FAEBF5_zpsz489qdb3.jpg
  • Aye fair play to you Perm lad, there's an entrepreneur in you.

I'm having a go at beard growth myself after over a decade of stubble, with mixed results. Tried some Portland Beard Balm but finding it a bit too waxy and doesn't seem to apply well. Maybe oil is the way to go.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • That ceiling is amazing Moto.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'm not sure the credit is Moto's to take.
  • It must have taken him years.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    I'm not sure the credit is Moto's to take.
    haha!
    Webbins wrote:
    It must have taken him years.
    It felt like it with the help I had!
  • It’s not a cottage industry on the same scale as Moto’s oil but if anyone remembers me mentioning some T-shirt designs a few weeks ago, the first couple arrived in from my printers today. They look good. Excellent quality screenprints, nicely branded mailing packs, promo stickers and flyers thrown in. They Paypal-ed me a sniff over a hundred quid for my trouble as well, which could be worse.

If anyone does want to have a short run of T-shirts or hoodies made, Mercht.com have been ace. I’d use them again. Like crowdfunding for shirts, you post up a design and then promote it like a Kickstarter. If you get 10+ orders, then it gets made. 10 seems a nice low minimum for that sort of thing.
  • Sounds better than Threadless, I used to chuck a load up on there in the hope of winning a bundle but no cigar.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    Aye fair play to you Perm lad, there's an entrepreneur in you.
    I think we've all got it in us but things have to fall into place, I don't believe all this bollocks about hard work being the key because we all know somebody who has 'lucked' into success, we all know somebody who just happened to come out of the right pair of bollocks that has set them up for life and we all know of people who work their arses off but still haven't got enough for a night out.

I wouldn't have been able to do this had I still been in my last job but it took walking away from a job paying nearly £40k a year to working for myself with nothing like that amount of work being certain, again though it was luck that played a part with my friend's brother lending us £20k to get our first printer. I earn much less now and work many, many more hours but I am immeasurably happier in my current situation than I was in my last job.

poprock wrote:
    It’s not a cottage industry on the same scale as Moto’s oil but if anyone remembers me mentioning some T-shirt designs a few weeks ago, the first couple arrived in from my printers today. They look good. Excellent quality screenprints, nicely branded mailing packs, promo stickers and flyers thrown in. They Paypal-ed me a sniff over a hundred quid for my trouble as well, which could be worse. If anyone does want to have a short run of T-shirts or hoodies made, Mercht.com have been ace. I’d use them again. Like crowdfunding for shirts, you post up a design and then promote it like a Kickstarter. If you get 10+ orders, then it gets made. 10 seems a nice low minimum for that sort of thing.
    I'm going to look at a whole branding package (this is where another mate comes in, he owns Hunter), in actual fact we have a shop to signwrite later and I am already looking at swapping the work on that on having cushions made!
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Yes but BEARD oil??

Can one also apply this on pubes?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • poprock wrote:
    It’s not a cottage industry on the same scale as Moto’s oil but if anyone remembers me mentioning some T-shirt designs a few weeks ago, the first couple arrived in from my printers today. They look good. Excellent quality screenprints, nicely branded mailing packs, promo stickers and flyers thrown in. They Paypal-ed me a sniff over a hundred quid for my trouble as well, which could be worse. If anyone does want to have a short run of T-shirts or hoodies made, Mercht.com have been ace. I’d use them again. Like crowdfunding for shirts, you post up a design and then promote it like a Kickstarter. If you get 10+ orders, then it gets made. 10 seems a nice low minimum for that sort of thing.

Shit, I meant to look at that. Glad to hear they're good quality.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I prefer to plait my pubes into my beard then use roisin wax while I pluck myself like a fleshy harp
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That explains your username.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Beard oil??
    Well, you don't want a squeaky beard.
    I'm sure there is an advertising poster in this somewhere!

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    20140224024124MD%20Cottager%20Moors.jpg

Talking of oily hair, we never shampoo the boy.

What about his hair? Nah, I only use water on mine. Works all right.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    Aye fair play to you Perm lad, there's an entrepreneur in you. I'm having a go at beard growth myself after over a decade of stubble, with mixed results. Tried some Portland Beard Balm but finding it a bit too waxy and doesn't seem to apply well. Maybe oil is the way to go.

Show, don't tell.
  • Christ, for a second I thought you meant your mate owned Hunter wellies!
  • Webbins wrote:
    Aye fair play to you Perm lad, there's an entrepreneur in you. I'm having a go at beard growth myself after over a decade of stubble, with mixed results. Tried some Portland Beard Balm but finding it a bit too waxy and doesn't seem to apply well. Maybe oil is the way to go.

Show, don't tell.

The reality is worse.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Yes but BEARD oil??

No, you need pube oil for that.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Moto, when will you be selling this?

Got a mates birthday coming up, and I suspect that he'd like this.
  • Me too actually. For me mate. Will you be able ship to Aus?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Aww you shouldn't have
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Oh and one for Skerret.

So just the one. Because the first one was for Skerret.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Moto, when will you be selling this? Got a mates birthday coming up, and I suspect that he'd like this.
    If you want Peppermint then I already have a few bottles made up, if you give us £5 for it (30ml glass bottle) that will cover the costs and the postage and I'll throw in a 10ml. I'll PM you my PayPal address.
    Me too actually. For me mate. Will you be able ship to Aus?
    I have just checked on our Franking Machine and I can ship to Zone 2 but it costs £4.80 just for the postage, if you want some I can do you a 30ml and a 10ml for £10, as above I'll send you my PayPal address and if you want to order some make a note of what the payment is for so I know to separate it from my usual PayPal orders.
  • Skerret wrote:
    hunk wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Yes but BEARD oil??
    No, you need pube oil for that.

Bloody hipsters with their beards and pubes.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    Bloody hipsters with their pubey beards.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    More work on finishing the clean room today, got all the hygiene board up along with the back wall graphic, now got to fit the skirting boards, cabinets, work tops and door!

1585FC5C-DA5C-4E69-B07E-54E032E26BE0_zpsbnwgljjz.jpg
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Had a clean shave today after reading about you greasy beard dirty bastards. My Chevy Chase feels fantastic.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!