Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I've got to say, this is diabolical in single player. Why don't my team shoot anyone outside of the sync shots? The choppers and back up jeeps are also a bit of a fun tax if you just want to scoot about and shoot stuff too.

I'm sure it'll be a laugh in MP though.

FranticPea wrote:
    Shit solo, incredible co-op.

Flashpoint was shit solo too.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye, but you'd have thought things would have moved on from then. I remember playing through GRAW on the 360 solo and my team chipped in. They even managed it in Conflict: Desert Storm on the PS2, you'd leave your sniper in a good position and when it kicked off he'd pop heads for fun.

These bozos are scampering about in my line of sight not shooting anyone.

The cover mechanic is also piss. Can't seem to take cover in a doorway and lean out to pop a few shots off.
  • I wonder if they've tweaked things since the private beta then, because in that one I'd spend ages sneaking into towns only for my entire team to go all Leroy Jenkins at the most inopportune moments.

Doorways would be tricky, but if you hunker down behind cover, there's a little indicator on your aiming reticule that appears to tell if you just have to pull the trigger to pop up and fire.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've been taking a few out by sniping, getting them riled up and letting them come to me. Backup screeches up in a car or three and although the AI were gracious enough to point that out to me they'd not open fire. One was in my line of site as the bullets were coming in, did fuck all. Dunno what's causing it, maybe because they've not been spotted but I have? They don't need an order to go loud do they? I'd have thought bullets flying would have given them the clue.

The cover is odd. Sometimes you snap into it and a pull if LT sees you pop out and aim, other times you just point your gun at a wall/rock/fence and have to reposition. It'll take some getting used to, but it feels poor in comparison to stuff like Rainbow 6 Vegas and The Division.

I like the idea behind the game overall though, feels more like an MP MGSV than OpFlash from what I've played, but it'll be fun enough.
  • Definitely up for some Reconnery this evening gents.
  • Does this play anything like the original Mercenaries?  Because I notice this is 3rd person and I dearly loved the former game.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It's basically a 4 player co-op version of Mercenaries
  • FuuuuuuuuuuCK
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I thought my squad were less gung ho than in the first beta but I didn't have bother making them fire.  I got them into position and then used the fire command.  It's more fun parking them up out of the way and going in Sam Fisher style though.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Definitely up for some Reconnery this evening gents.

I'll be up for a bit of that action.

Wookie was on earlier, we should hopefully get a full team going.
  • This game is a smear of shite on the ghost recon name.
    I'm legit shocked at how awful it is especially off the back of the division (a game i sunk a lot of time into) I can't think of a game in recent memory as unutterably bad as the beta/demo for this was.

Car handling? shite.
    Feel of the aiming? shite.
    Handling of aircraft? comically shite.
    Graphics? Shite.
    Framerate? Shite.
    Lip sync? Varies between non existent and shite.

How did they fuck this up so badly?
  • Judge it on the full release, not an alpha/beta/demo, Stonochalicedeep.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What's up with the car handling though? Can't get the hang of it, it's either going straight or chucking in a 90° handbrake turn, nowt in between.

The chopper controls are wonky too, fuck knows what's going on there.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Day one though.
  • You can lower the sensitivity of the driving in the options, I think there's two options that affect it.  May be flying options too.  I find the flying suffers from being tied to one stick, which I think they've done to simplify it but I'm used to twin stick flying.  Should be optional.
  • What's up with the car handling though? Can't get the hang of it, it's either going straight or chucking in a 90° handbrake turn, nowt in between.

The chopper controls are wonky too, fuck knows what's going on there.
    Its shite that's what! Much like it's shite but to a lesser extent of shite in watchdogs 2.
    Must be a Ubisoft thing, everything else they already got right in the division and this is a huge leap backwards.
  • The Division world and cover system married with this games shooting and recon the target/plan your assault mechanisms and it would be great.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Good rally on this with Chaz and then G and Franny for a bit last night. Any other point in time I'd be all over this day one, but with Yakuza 0 still sitting there, I can't really justify it. Plus it's Ubi, it'll be £20 within six weeks for sure.

Still, great beta. Really enjoyed it.
  • Stayed on last night and flew round that new region in a chopper for a look-see. Found some abandoned mine workings at the top of a mountain...which lead me to an entire underground base in the mines. Some real James Bond shit went down clearing out that nest of fools.
  • Keep me.posted for when you get it Gav and I'll dive in too. We can scrub together.
  • Fo sho Shabs. Think mano is doing the same!
  • I'm sure they'll change their tune when Team Awesome arrives bearing gifts of beads and bullets.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh but what about all the burned out helicopter carcasses littering their beautiful landscape?
  • I like to think of those as tourist attractions.
  • I loved it.......mabe I have lower standards but I'm choking to play this tomorrow
  • The second beta actually turned me off it.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Fo sho Shabs. Think mano is doing the same!
    Chazmano wrote:
    I loved it.......mabe I have lower standards but I'm choking to play this tomorrow

Apparently not.
  • I know, the dick. Peer pressuring me to fuck.
  • Went to local indie. Sold out of standard edition already. Wanted 80 bills for the gold edition with season pass. Fuck that says I!
    Wandered down to Game.
    They're selling the standard edition today!

boughted

g.man

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!