Ghost Recons: Wildlands & Breakpoint
  • The virtual surround works pretty well actually, better than just stereo for directional positioning. But it's not the ideal solution which would be something built into the game engine, like the Dolby Atmos feature that Overwatch has. Virtual surround has the potential for total surround, including above/below the player.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I see it's available for the PS4, but who's that, just @Roujin? Feels that way on the Tekkens, eh.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I like the progression system. Seems it'll take a while to unlock every class and all the perks. Means there's always something to work towards and the starting classes are all as useful as the later ones so you're not underpowered from the off.

Who's up for private games say Sunday night? Try and get a bunch on.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Be warned that it's very sweaty and campy. We had many a round drawn where I fired only one shot in the entire eight minutes.

Pro Tip: turn off the auto spot (press down on the dpad while aiming down sights) and use the A button (or X for PS4 guys) to mark the area of the map the sneaky bugger is in to your team mates without letting him know he's been clocked. Otherwise they get the "MARKED!" bullshit sixth sense stuff sending them scurrying away to the back of the map.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Deffo up for it on Sunday.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I've come round to the marking thing. There's so much cover and foliage the game would never come to a conclusion without it. We had several drawn games with it included. Marking with the drone makes opponents keep moving, but as you mention it's not always the right thing to do in certain situations. The fact you can toggle marking with your weapon is a brilliant inclusion.

I think a PUBG style compass should be added, so you can easily call out enemy locations instead of " he's behind that hut, the one near the pallets to the north" etc
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The A button is key, like you said last night "The building with the green and yellow leaf!" and as I had line of sight then I knew which building you meant, but the marker you can put down is clearer for everyone no matter where they are.

You might like the spotting while being a drone fanny, try the sniper out and see how you feel after lining up a shot on an unsuspecting goon for two minutes only for someone to mark him and he scutters back into cover.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Oh, you can ping when you're alive?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye, that fuck behind the rock got it in our last game last night, I think it was just before you killed his mate with the mortar strike.

On that note, stop invading my personal space Gaz!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I think you need to be scoped in to ping, so make sure spotting is off. It's going to be surprise headshot town on Sunday.

I recorded two match winning runs, one where I killed three guys, armed the recon tower then killed the fourth and another where I'd sniped two guys, had eyes on the bodies then it kicked off with the last guy so I repositioned and sniped him from a decent range as he scampered away through the jungle.

I only record a minute to the DVR, so only the last kills are registered on both. Gutted.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Right, we need to get organised and maybe ping locations we don't want to be scouted when I'm sending my drone up.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Another Pro Tip: Never let a dead body out of your site. The radio tower is the only hot spot on the map at the start, a body makes two for the enemy to focus on and will be easier to get to as it'll be in more cover than the tower. Have patience, you know they're coming.
  • I like that even sacrificing yourself to draw out the enemy is a legitimate tactic if the game is a stalemate and your playing in a team.
    The recon tower is really an endgame gambit to get things kicking off if you're say 4-2 and they're hanging back.
    You know someone is always going to have a bead on it and the tension is off the scale when they still have 4 players because you have to assume you're going to get your head blown off any second because it takes so long to activate.
    Much to learn strategy wise in this.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Is it possible to do 4 badgers v 4 badgers or do you need to play against randoms
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yup, and you can tinker with time of day etc apparently too in private games.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yup. 9/10 times going for the tower is a death sentence but it's worth it to dig out the last two bothersome Alabama ticks.

Also, there's a perk to shorten the activation time by 50%, handy.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    @g. I wonder if people making a racket while in cover while someone activates the tower might work. Noise coming from both flanks and centre would take alot of willpower to ignore the tower. Of course, a good player would stay focussed on it.
  • Yup. A tank class player could be really handy.
  • That all sounds good. The addition of the spot toggle is really brilliant.
    I've had the app on my iPad for months and never used it. Might have to try the map syncing thing. Could be awesome.
  • Watching a live stream on YouTube...

Even spectating a stream is a tense affair, but it's a good way to pick up tips. One of the classes apparently has a jammer that you can use to jam the recon tower. That's interesting.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I think one class has a drone jammer too but I may be wrong.

Been thinking about draws. It's kind of a double edged sword. If you had it so whoever has the most kills then teams might be tempted to kill one or two and then just hide for the remainder of the game.

On the other hand we had that run if several draws that didn't seem to be coming to any kind of conclusion. It did eventually, but it could have potentially gone on for hours.

I'm not sure what the solution is. I'm not sure I even want one tbh, those tied games were pretty tense.
  • Yeah, Even stalemate can be great fun. As long as the whole other team isn't just holding back it's all gravy.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Also, it's called 'Elimination' so....
  • Now this is interesting. The recon jammer is a plantable device. Meaning you can plant it strategically and camp it, because the opposing team will have to get in and destroy it if they want to take back the ability to use the recon tower.
    There is also chat about thermal vision being an unlockable. Not convinced that's a great idea, so hope that's a class specific perk.
  • Drone Jammer is confirmed. And again like the Recon Tower Jammer, it seems to be a placeable item, so you can place it then camp it. Quite the chess game this.
  • Yup, the Drone Jammer works like in the SP game. It throws up a big orange circle of effectiveness on your mini-map, and your drone won't function within that area, but will still work outwith it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Drone Jammer is confirmed. And again like the Recon Tower Jammer, it seems to be a placeable item, so you can place it then camp it. Quite the chess game this.

Words out of my mouth when reading Franny's post about draws. They went on forever but just heightened the tension if anything, as you know the whole shebang can turn on a couple of bullets. That one where I sniped the guy in the building, then the guy who tried to pick him up only for a third bastard to revive the second cunt, we rushed them in the building and they ended up winning the spray and prey firefight was exhilarating due to the long slow gaps when not much is going on. Well, not much that you can see...

Thermal vision is a perk for all classes BTW, but I think it's a late unlock. Have to see how that one pans out once people unlock it, surely there has to be a short range on that stuff or you'd be spotting people all over the map.
  • Still watching stream. Loving the time of day progression effects where some matches start in daylight and end in darkness. Soooo atmospheric.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!