TITANFALL 2
  • Well that was a shame. Was really looking forward to a good few games with you guys. Sadly it's just not fun playing against randoms who have been playing for years and have unlocked all the best gear. It's just not fun
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • You see i have all the kit unlocked as i hit top tier.

It literally makes fuck all difference.

What changes is your movement, your targeting, and knowing the maps. Thats it.

Even shit weapons can own if your muscle memory is there. Problem is we are all rusty. Private matches will help but the only way we are truly going to be great is suffer the pain of public lobbies and pro players.

I think we just need 6-8 people and man up and take on the public. I play public matches all the time. It can be frustrating but fuck me its good to learn from.

How the fuck did he shoot me? Ohhh he ran there etc etc. I top 3 on a regular but only after i play 5-6 matches to warm up properly

Thats why titty differs from other shooters. Its about movement and skill not kit.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Kit, skills, movement and map knowledge go out the window when the netcode is misbehaving. One of the kill cams was so bad and jerky, with the guy's aim snapping to targets in such a robotic nature, I genuinely wondered if it was an aimbot. Then you see one of your team mates teleporting about and you realise you're just up against lag again
  • Yeah thsts not good
    PSN - minkymu
  • I got 8 kills in one of those matches, including teabagging the same guy three times. I'm not proud of it, but there you go. Managed to unlock some new kit too.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Minkymu wrote:
    You see i have all the kit unlocked as i hit top tier. It literally makes fuck all difference. What changes is your movement, your targeting, and knowing the maps. Thats it. Even shit weapons can own if your muscle memory is there. Problem is we are all rusty. Private matches will help but the only way we are truly going to be great is suffer the pain of public lobbies and pro players. I think we just need 6-8 people and man up and take on the public. I play public matches all the time. It can be frustrating but fuck me its good to learn from. How the fuck did he shoot me? Ohhh he ran there etc etc. I top 3 on a regular but only after i play 5-6 matches to warm up properly Thats why titty differs from other shooters. Its about movement and skill not kit.

I'd be up for this. I get about 2-3 matches at a time most nights. I wonder if the EA access deal for Gamepass has helped the games popularity? I dont play every night but I'd say 4 nights last week got some titan fall game time and theres never a massive wait time. 

I also dont think the overall skill level is crazy high (there are some amazing players but its not everyone) and there's few perks where I think "thats whats made the difference". Map knowledge and how to scale walls properly is where I fall down most times so no amount of unlocks will change that. 

The one thing that I did notice though is that a solid unit of 2-3 who work together can own a section of a map - most players are lone wolves who will sort of work together if they are near each other but once or twice I've seen 2-3 players clearly working together, covering and backing each other up. Very hard to play against that.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Phase shift and grapple are both very good if you have them unlocked. If you can play claw grip it helps a lot with movement, also learning to bunny hop will get you around much quicker.

Skill ceiling is crazy in this so it can be discouraging for new or rusty players.
  • MoesTavern wrote:
    Phase shift and grapple are both very good if you have them unlocked. If you can play claw grip it helps a lot with movement, also learning to bunny hop will get you around much quicker. Skill ceiling is crazy in this so it can be discouraging for new or rusty players.

I need to practice the grapple stuff - seen some really good use of it in matches. Also, its hard to do but some people are brilliant with wall hanging. One player seemed to be using it constantly so very hard to get them in rooms/ corridors.
    SFV - reddave360
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I've not played this for ages, but my guiding principle was generally "the floor is lava, and if you stop you die".
  • Floor is lava is a good tip tbf
    PSN - minkymu
  • Keanu Reeves in speed. Dont slow down
    PSN - minkymu
  • Are we going to give this another try tonight? Have had no issues over the week playing so hopefully last week was a one off.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Deffo. Had a couple of rounds last night and it felt good
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I'm in tonight. Made sure I actually have the game installed this time although sounds like I didn't miss much last week.
  • I'm sick with a cold but if my body lets me I'd like to join in also!
  • I'm in but only briefly, or if we start early. Up early, early bells.
  • Up for some of this if there is room.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Definitely room for a little 'un.

I'm up for starting at 8 if that's any good for you Gav? It'll probably be public matches but it'll be a good way to get your eye in
  • Could be available around then, depending on her telly viewing. Cheers! Will try my best x
  • Im in if the mrs is up for it. Couldn’t get chat in ear and on tv last week so that pisses her off if she cant hear who’s chatting cos she basically sits in silence while i play
    PSN - minkymu
  • I'll be 9pm ish.

For all the talk of it being a game where you bomb about, there was some amazing play from a team of 3-4 guys in one match yesterday. They took a high point and defended it brilliantly (it was the small building in Dry Dock)
    SFV - reddave360
  • I'm probably out, got alot to do this evening
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    See how i feel at 9. Had a really busy long day, not eaten since last night and not sure if I can be arsed with anything fast paced.
  • I wont be on. Virgin outage till 1am apparently
    PSN - minkymu
  • Oh so many inappropriate jokes going round my head right now
  • Do it
    PSN - minkymu
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Tremendous games tonight gents, cheers for that. Me and Gav even managed to win both our public matches early doors, great stuff all round
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Yeah, that was bloody great. I'd forgotten just how much fun this game is and some of the reflexes were still there. Cheers for the games, looking forward to next week.
  • My internet came back on at 11. Gutted.

On the plus side the avengers assembled without me so maybe next week chaps?
    PSN - minkymu

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!