@_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    We were all tired and it took it's toll, three of us couldn't sink one skelly ship even with Meg's help.  Me constantly sailing out of the battle area probably didn't help :D
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Right I'm baffled with these commendations.
    A1hBWSm.png

There are three battles right?
    I've done all three.
    The Wilds
    The Shores of Plenty
    The Ancient Isles

However, I don't have the fecking commendation for The Wilds despite having completed it at least twice??? Christ, it was the first battle I completed!

Anyone got any idea what time The Wilds battle is active again over the next few days?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Shores of plenty is sleeping cannonballs btw, and boy are they the fuck.
    Just took a pasting on a solo sloop voyage. Asleep at the wheel, ship sinking fast, and heading straight for rocks. 
    eDyOmr2.jpg
    Rancid.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Will be fun when we can use them against people though. I wonder if they'll work against skeles?
  • Also, there is a Skelly Throne perched on a rock north west of Smuggler's Bay, right in the middle of the battle zone. I managed to get up there using my cannon, but it turns out it's massive, so I'm guessing, given it's location, it might require multiple crews for the commendation.
    ZTYJGXM.jpg
  • Some days the sea can be a cruel mistress.
    Set sail solo on a sloop. I say I set sail, but after spending the best part of half an hour doing the busywork in port supplying my ship I turn around and my sloop is gone!
    I look to sea and see her steaming out of port heading for the high seas. What the actual fuck?!
    Some bastard has stolen my ship!
    I swim to the nearest mermaid. He respawns me right behind the guy who's now at the wheel of my ship, and with one shot from my blunderbuss to his head, I send him straight to a rendezvous with Davey Jones.
    SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER!

So anyhoo, back in control of my sloop I make a long voyage round some of the bigger islands to fill my supply barrels. On one of them I'm lucky enough to find a cannonball crate, so I proceed to fill that too.
    This has all taken forever, but finally things are looking up.
    I'm down in The Ancient Isles now. I happen across an small island which on further exploration it turns out contains a massive underground system of caves. It's pretty cool.
    gPsBR5l.jpg

Finally I head north to the Skelly battle location in The Shores of Plenty.
    On route I'm then attacked by the Megalodon, who absolutely pulverises my boat, and I only just make it to an island where I drop anchor and make repairs. 
    THE FISHY BASTARD.

I then stop at an outpost for a final re-stock and a friendly Brigantine pulls into dock beside me. An alliance is formed and I get half the value of the loot they're cashing in.
    They're out chasing booty tho, so I bid them farewell and head off on my own to face the Skellys.
    I arrive at the battlegrounds. 
    No one else is there. 
    I have a hundred and fifty cannonballs, A hundred planks, and a hundred bananas.
    The Skelly ship rises from the deep. 
    I put eight good shots into her below the water line.
    The bastards then hit me with everything they've got.
    I have six holes in my hull.
    I'm going down fast.
    I dash below, plank in hand.
    The bastards hit me with sleeping cursed cannonballs.
    I curl up in a little ball and my sloop sinks like a fucking stone.
    All is lost.

I respawn with a new sloop at a nearby island.
    I'm fucking livid, and stopping only to grab a pocketful of supplies, I take to the seas and head straight back to battle.
    This time the fight is furious and goes on for an age, but finally I sink the bastards!
    I'm taking in a tonne of water and I have no planks left.
    If I can just make it to that nearby island I can buy some time and repair.
    Poseidon hates me, and rather than give me the usual minute or two breathing space, the bastard instantly spawns another Skelly ship. I have nothing left. It rises from the depths and blows me clean off the deck of my ship into the sea. In the time it takes me to parlez with Davey Jones my ship has sunk and the game spawns me on another island miles from the battle. 
    BASTARD SKELLYS!
    Still, at least I single handedly sent one of them back to hell, so that's achievement enough for tonight.

As I sit on the beach watching the sun set something miraculous then happens.
    Remember that random alliance I formed hours ago? The booty chasers on the brigantine. Well somewhere on the other side of the world, they've just cashed in a massive haul of plunder and now I get half the value. I'm ten thousand doubloons better off for meeting these guys. Absolute legends!
    3vJdo44.jpg

I look towards the battlegrounds far in the distance and yell into my megaphone. "41 down and just 9 more of you bastards to go! You tell 'em Captain G's coming! And all hell's coming with him!"

just another tall tale from The Sea of Thieves

g.man
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    You are truly the G.O.T.
    Awesome work.
  • How do you find solo g.man? I never bother, assuming it’s going to be a bit boring.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's as tense as all fuck. Like a different game.
  • Aye, you can get an absolute pasting going solo now. The Meg and the Skelly ships can fuck you over in an instant if you're luck isn't in, but the upside is, there's generally always an alliance to be formed somewhere. It's a very different game now compared to playing as a crew.
  • I’ll definitely give it a shot in the future - I usually just whack on Witcher when I’m single playing.
  • Anyone up for some pirating tonight lads?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I might be able to nab some screen time.
  • Still at the caravan - but I’m reminded of SoT by the storm level weather we’re currently having.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Anyone up for some pirating tonight lads?

Aye laddy
  • Awesome. Doing an early kick off today, so I'll be good for this evening.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Cool. I only need about 30 skele ships for the commendation so shouldn't take us long.

• AAARRRRRRR!
  • I should like to be involved tonight. Need to experience giving the skellies what for in a four man crew.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • 48 down and only two to go now. Brilliant stuff tonight chaps.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Getting close g.

When does it end? As I'm back home tonight and I think I'm eleven off the full fifty. Anyone up for a bit of Skelly bashing?
  • I'm assuming it ends with the usual Tuesday patch. So tomorrow.
    I'm absolutely up for this tonight. 
    Only got two more of the bastards to sink.
    Just been taking a pasting on a sloop solo for the last hour or so. Virtually impossible to sink these bastards on your own. So much luck involved.
  • I’m on my way home at the moment - we’ll up for some skellie bashing tonight.
  • AWESOME.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I can play. G, jump on at 7 and get fully stocked up again.
  • nnnnnnnnnggg...
  • Just so you know, I have adopted a new tactic of placing a gunpowder barrel on the tip of the prow for easy access and alpha intimidation.
  • Nnnnnnnnnnggg...
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm up for some high seas shenanigans if there is still a free berth at around 8ish.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Hoping to hit the waves around nine with my womans hands and cunning plans...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!