General Kickmans (FIFA/PES/FM & The Rest)
  • Jeez, man, don't sit on the fence! Tell us how you really feel..

*winky*, etc.

On MTX's, yep I'm a damn hypocrite. I've bought a few on FUT, then I watch a Sterling vid and think what the fuck. Its bad, I know. But on the subject on even buying the game, I pays my moneys (£72 for the fancypants one) and get hundreds of hrs out of it through offline FUT, Career, Manager & The Journey, then online Seasons, Co-op with Chaz, or Pro Clubs with a group of mates almost nightly. Then there's the tourneys me and my group of mates do. I get more than my moneys worth. The same with my £80 blowout whenever there's a new Forza.

This is all addict speak, I know. Dunno if I should go fuck, mind. I'm Happy with My Thing innit.
  • Yeah - we all know what’s personal value to us. Don’t doubt the value you get. Just bitter as master league used to be absolutely glorious. Now...
  • Aye, I really don't know* why Konami don't just release a "classic" pes on Switch with the old ML players like Vitolo Miranda etc. It would clean the fuck up.

*I do know, cos bloody Konami being Konami, that's why.
  • I tried the PES demo last night.
    I nearly turned it off before it even started thanks to the ridiculously laboured 'terms and conditions' faffing on at the start.
    eventually got to a menu screen that seemed quite nice and stripped back.
    got to a game and it was....PES. Same as always really.
    pretty sure a part of the problem is that how i play PES is imprinted on my brain from 15-20 years ago, so i still use the same buttons and combos and mechanics...but i can never tell any difference year on year, with admittedly very brief plays.  I have this rose-tinted memory of a glorious magical footy videogame, and the modern reality of a footy simulator that's a little bit clunky and not as fun.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Aye, I really don't know* why Konami don't just release a "classic" pes on Switch with the old ML players like Vitolo Miranda etc. It would clean the fuck up.

*I do know, cos bloody Konami being Konami, that's why.

Would buy.
  • ISS Pro Evolution 2 changed the way I viewed sports games, and gaming as a whole. Immediate gratification was gone, replaced by an appreciation of strategy, patience and resilience. An 11-0 FIFA 98 win was nothing compared to a hard earned 1-1 at the beginning of a new master league campaign.
  • Since the good old days, it's got more complicated but not necessarily better. I bought a PES a few years ago and it was still a fine footy game for a while, but it had the same problems as it had a decade earlier and some of the new stuff just made it more fiddly to play.

I doubt they're even making much money off it these days, so the annual update makes less and less sense. Either way, I'm out.
  • Aye, I really don't know* why Konami don't just release a "classic" pes on Switch with the old ML players like Vitolo Miranda etc. It would clean the fuck up. *I do know, cos bloody Konami being Konami, that's why.

Just do PES 4 or 5 HD, make sure SHEARER! is in the commentary and put Collina on the cover again.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • What is this “PES” game in the thread title.
  • Pro Evolution Soccer. The Konami one.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    ISS Pro Evolution 2 changed the way I viewed sports games, and gaming as a whole. Immediate gratification was gone, replaced by an appreciation of strategy, patience and resilience. An 11-0 FIFA 98 win was nothing compared to a hard earned 1-1 at the beginning of a new master league campaign.

Co-signed. I play a little FIFA from time to time, so I'm not completely unfamiliar with it, and ISS Pro Evo 2 / Winning 11 still feels, qualitatively, like a better game.

All Konami really need to do, is reskin that engine (though Pro Evo 3 was my personal favourite), and work out a marketing concept to nullify FIFA...

You know... Like possibly just embrace the fact that they will never have official licenses again, and auto generate a mass of fake players in a No Mans Sky procedural fashion... Have a little trade going behind that. Like some in game transaction shit.

Patent pending.

Or join forces with the Football Manager team, somehow...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Pre-order secured for Ultimate Edition Fifa 20. Should be £90, ended up paying £68. Hwfg.
  • Think I've finally put the finishing touches on my FUT 19 squad. The transfer market has fallen on its arse so once unattainable players are now definitely in my (relatively) small budget.

2ivP5eh.png

Might replace a CM for a TOTS player but that's about it. Finally hit 190. Still no icon.
  • Just got the beta for Fifa 20
  • As have I. Later bitches!
  • Chazmano wrote:
    Just got the beta for Fifa 20

Fifa 19?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    heh
  • That new street "Volta" mode is there to play and I'm happy to say it is actually quite decent! Good fun as a distraction if normal fifa is getting tiring. Bravo, EA, for that one.

Couldn't connect to the fut servers though so I'll reserve judgement on that til this evening. The newobjectives system seems to be a more Fortnite/PUBG style model with many daily and weeklys all tieing into a seasonal type thing. Interested to see how they balance it and how good the rewards are.
  • Dark tinelime shit

ZG3QB2r.jpg
  • The new objectives system seems to be a more Fortnite/PUBG style model with many daily and weeklys all tieing into a seasonal type thing. Interested to see how they balance it and how good the rewards are.

I guarantee, the daily / weekly rewards are designed in association with psychologists in order to maximise the effectiveness of the addiction loop surprise mechanics. They're as balanced as they need to be up to the point the whales begin to leave. The rewards will be designed in a similar manner.
  • Dark timelime shit

Basically, yes, It's actual evil. But, then again, I smoke and am giving money to companies that I know would advertise fags to kids if they could / can, so ignore me.
  • Hah, it's cool man, I absolutely am.

(completely aware of what you're mentioning though, just, Kanye shrug)

NBR x
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just had a look at that Eurogamer article

1) the walkouts are dumb as shit and I am here for them all.

2) they sure haven't got their face tech right this year.
  • Mmmm. Got one last night, 87-rated Mbappe, so that's my pack luck done for the year.

Struggling a little with this just now. Just feels much slower than 19. Players have the turning circle of a tank, ball physics are supposedly redone but feel a bit floaty, and certain animations take too long to happen. Of course, it's a beta so it can all change. Some weird bugs here and there too.

Still better than PES, mind.
  • lol
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Most things are sadly better than pes. What's not, though, is being under the misguided idea that a game out in just over a month is doing a "beta". Y'all playing a demo, at best a stress test.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Then dinna be saying things will change on the post above ya doi.
  • I've been in the last two ones and each time it's been drastically different when the full game comes out. Same with the actual "demo" too that's usually the August Gamescom build.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!